“You can find better places in Prague”
Review of U Schnellu

U Schnellu
Ranked #3,690 of 5,426 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Czech, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
“You can find better places in Prague”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Open till late at night. This is the reason we picked this place at random. The food was less than impressive. Correct the Easter soup. But definitely sub-standards the main course. Lamb thinly sliced and definitely overcooked. Same for le rabbit leg. Service not particularly friendly. 40 euros for four people with two soups, four main courses and four beers. You can find better places in Prague for this price.

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Salerno, Italy
“A dream..”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My dream is to come again to this restaurant, visited a year ago with friends during a holiday in Prague. We came three times for lunch and we've literally fallen in love with the food, goulash especially, beer, and the place! Hope to come again!

London
“lots of atmosphere, lovely food”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were wandering round Prague on Saturday evening and found this place in a little square. It seemed like something out of an old film- dimmish lights and photographs on the wall of people who looked as if they could have been resistance heroes. The waiter didn't speak very good English, but a young lady brought us olives and hot salted almonds which were very tasty. We ordered duck cooked in apples with dumplings and red cabbage, but the waiter misunderstood and brought us only one helping. However, it was easily big enough for two and was very good. We had a decent wine and then pudding. I had a crepe with caramel sauce and my husband had strudel. Both were delicious. The meal was not at all expensive and the restaurant had a really warm and interesting atmosphere. Very convenient for the centre too: it's not far from the foot of the hill leading to the Castle.

• Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California
“terrible service”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My sister and I visited the restaurant on March 14, 2014 for dinner at about 8:00 p.m. The food was not that great but the service was terrible.
We were seated by the entrance in a very tiny table. I am 5'3 and my knees were bended sideways to be able to sit. We were ignored by the staff and had to call the waiter to be waited on. (after waiting for 20 minutes) The male waiter was short, seemed to be in a hurry and border line rude. We asked to be moved to another table so that we could seat comfortable. We were ignored and proceeded to move ourselves. Finally we got the food, the male waiter once again disappeared and took us another 20 minutes to request bottle waters. I had to get up to make the request. I would not recommend this restaurant. It will ruin your evening in beautiful Praha!

• Visited March 2014
Stavoren, The Netherlands
“watch out”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

It was around 22.00 friday evening i had eaten and felt like a drink so i walked into the u schnello looked a pleasant place so i ordered a beer listened to the music and just relaxed had another beer and then asked for the bill.the bill was 90 kr np good price i give a 500 note and waited for my change so i could leave a tip,I received 110 kr back i said excuse me i gave you 500, no you didnt the waiter said you give me 200,(i know i give him 500 because in the last place i had visited i had paid with my smaller notes and only had 500 notes left) Once again i said i am not happy i gave you 500,The waiter then brought a colleague, over heres the note you gave him and showed a 200 note I know i gave him 500 but what could i do?.Nothing so i left .I was so disapointed this had spoilt my whole day It wasnt the money it was the principle So be carefull here .....a very unhappy customer

Visited March 2014