“Best Hotel Ever”

Le Palais Art Hotel Prague
Ranked #43 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This hotel is truly excellent. The service was exceptional for every single member of staff from the drivers to the maids. The staff were always polite, always helpful and bent over backwards to make this the best hotel experience i have ever had. I have stayed in a huge number of hotels in over 40 countries most of which i cannot remeber but this is one hotel i will not forget in hurry and look forward to a return visit.
This was for my anniversary and we were greeted by a driver at the airport who quickly and efficiently took us to the hotel. Were greeted in the hotel by the concierge who took our bags and whisked them away, the reception had a room ready and had been upgraded even though we were 5 hours earlier than their normal check-in. In our room there was a complimentary mini-bar, a half bottle of champagne and what a wonderful room it was.
I had left it very late on the morning before we left home to ask the hotel to organise a trip but when we arrived at the hotel it had all been organised.
The Spa and health centre are clean and very well looked after, the massage i had booked for my wife and i was wonderfully relaxing as was the sauna etc afterwards.
I was initially a little worried that it was a little out of the town centre but this turned out to be a bonus as the walk from wencelas square is easy and passes several places you can get a drink or food much cheaper than in the town centre. After a long day sight seeing is was actually nice to walk half way back stop for a beer and some food before walking the last 10 mins back to the hotel to relax with a coffee in the hotels excellent library and lobby.
i will return and when i do i will definately return to this hotel

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a suite, they are so comfortable and relaxing.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren_HUk

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I always stay in 5 star hotels where ever I travel and I have NEVER EVER been treated as well as I was in this hotel. The staff here is simply the best in the world!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The location might not be central for some people but Praha transportation system is great!
Therefore I was glad to bet on this new town hotel. The room was very nice with a very nice bed.
And last but not least, the service was great with fantastic in-room service (turn down,...), free mini bar and great breakfast.
As soon as wifi will be into the rooms and the lift corridor air more refreshed, this hotel will be perfect. I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Toulcaz31
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Can only confirm all what has been said in the previous reviews. The location is actually a plus as it makes you discover a different part of Prague. We actually drove to Prague from Cesky-Krumlov and the only thing to worry about when getting into town are the one way streets.
Only comments for further improvements would be:
- Had to wait a little long for a bill at the bar in the evening.
- Absence of tissues in bathroom, which is standard
- Music in room would have been nice, at least a channel on the TV.

• Stayed: June 2011
LePalaisPrague, General Manager at Le Palais Art Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback on your resent experience.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced during the evening in the bar waiting too long for the bill. Although there is only one bartender in the evening present, it should not happen that the guest is waiting more than 10 minutes to pay his bill. Please accept our apologiues for such experience. The bartender was informed and retrained.

In terms of tissues, which of course are our basic standard, it happens that sometimes the guests are unable to locate the tissues in the bathrooms at first sight. In some rooms they are stores underneath of the bathroom table, therefore not visible immediately. We would reconsider the tissue location in the rooms where stored indirectly on the bathroom table.

In regards to music in the room, you are absolutely right, that music upon arrival would be delighting; however as Vienna International Hotels and Resorts standard, we only play our corporate promotinal video in the rooms upon arrival.

I trust that you had enjoyed the rest of our services and your stay at the Le Palais was memorable.

We are looking forward very much to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 July 2011

My husband and I (and our two young boys) stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. We had a very lovely surprise - we were upgraded to two wonderful suites (we had reserved two adjoining rooms)! The rooms and service was great! The breakfast buffet was also excellent and sitting outside for breakfast was very pleasant.

We had stayed in the hotel 10 yrs ago and remembered our experience fondly and decided to return. The hotel is still very nice - part of the building was a castle and has a lot of character and atmosphere. The neighbourhood is very residential with nice restaurants. The key Prague sites are within a 20 min walk or convenient tram connection - our boys loved taking the trams! We recommend this hotel without reservation

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OHTG
LePalaisPrague, General Manager at Le Palais Art Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Dear Guests,

thank you for your loyalty to the hotel Le Palais Prague!

I am very pleased you have returned to our hotel and left again with a great experience and lovely memories. We will be very happy to welcome your family in the future again!

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I was visiting Prague with friends on a hen weekend in Prague but enjoy some time alone in pleasant surroundings and this is what the Hotel Le Palais delivered. The hotel is beautifully situated in a residential area of Prague, away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas.
My room was delightful and had everything I needed including a spacious bathroom and wonderfully comfortable bed. The service in the hotel was excellent and I felt very comfortable being a solo visitor at the hotel. Even at breakfast I was offered something to read.
The metro is a pleasant 10 minute walk away and is very reasonably priced and simple to use. I did get ripped off on one occasion by a taxi driver who took me across the river unnecessarily and back again! This was even with the reputable AAA taxi company. After this I asked the hotel to arrange taxis for me, even sending them to my location away from the hotel and explained that I didn't want the scenic tour. This resolved the problem.
I didn't get to spend nearly enough time in the hotel. I want to go back to experience the food and the spa!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Joanna2603

Dear Guest,

we are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay and we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the services offered and arranged by our hotel.

We are looking forward very much to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Tripadvisor helped me locate this wonderful hotel for our first trip to Prague. We could not have asked for a better location or lodging. Absolutely wonderful from start to finish.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple