“Perfectly romantic birthday treat hotel”

Le Palais Art Hotel Prague
Ranked #37 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Perfectly romantic birthday treat hotel”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We have recently returned from a 3 night stay at Le Palais and are still commenting on what a lovely hotel it was. We thought the location was perfectly situated in what appeared to be an affluent residential area - lots of hairdresser salons and ladies in fur coats walking little dogs! Arriving in the evening I would definately recommend booking the hotel's BMW pick up service from airport.
On arrival the charming Receptionist gave us a brief guided tour of the Hotel and facilities in our lovely room. My husband had emailed in advance that it was my birthday and I believe we were upgraded and a complimentary bottle of champagne on ice was awaiting us. Since it was fairly late we opted for a bar meal - I had the most delicious goats cheese quiche with a lovely crisp white wine. My husband had a beef burger which he said was homemade and very good but was more delighted to find a comprehensive selection of excellent quality whiskys!
Saturday morning we were presented with a birthday glass of champagne at breakfast. Saturday evening our dining table was beautifully decorated with a red silk heart, red petals and candles. The fire in the dining room was lit and the table inbetween was moved to one side so we could appreciate it. The attentive service was second to none, the food and wine delicious. It was so good in fact we didn't bother to go and find another restaurant or bar, we preferred to stay put in this lovely hotel.
Prague centre was easy to get to, the first day we walked a brisk downhill (realistic) 15 - 20 minutes. The second day we wanted to get straight to the Old Town, a 10 minute walk to the metro (located in a pretty square, which at the time had a Christmas market) then 3 stops on the train. I believe the hotel does a drop off and pick up service as well.
Whilst looking for my birthday gift what we didn't appreciate is that there is a garnet mine about 2 hours from Prague so the jewellery shops sell mostly garnet set items. Not a problem! I chose a lovely pair of unique gold and garnet earrings from a shop in the old town Jewish area.
All in all a wonderful visit to Prague made special by the hotel's unique service, thank you.

ps. If you go in winter please don't under estimate the cold! You must must have good boots, coats, scarfs, gloves and especially hats. If you dress accordingly you will have a lovely time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TripperBinfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
newport Essex
Reviewed 19 December 2011

we have just returned from a week end in Prague. On reading reviews stayed at this hotel....it was wonderful. The staff are friendly & helpful, food was good.....room comfortable. My husband & l had a wonderful week end & next December we will return, so many amazing places to visit.....& a hotel definately worth returning to....Thank you Le alais for a wonderful week end .

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Le Palais is the setting of a superb thriller, travel novel called The God Complex. My wife packed it in my carry on as a surprise for my flight from NYC. I finished it by the time the plane touched down. It was riveting, and I had no desire to sleep until I found out what happened to Steve Benson. It turned my stay into a unique experience by painting a complete picture of the city, right down to the cafe a stone's throw away from the hotel. I highly recommend it. At the end of the book, there was a link to view story line images - http://godcomplexbook.com. In addition to pictures, there was a map you can download and take a one-day tour based upon the book. If you are heading to Prague, definitely get the book and print out the map. It's worth the money, even if you plan to take a guided tour.

Regarding the hotel, no expense was spared on the facilities. The view was magnificent, and the concierge staff was exceptionally helpful in recommending restaurants, planning transportation and meeting rooms, as well as catering. The location was not the most central, but it's only a metro stop from the city's center. However, I felt like I was getting a local flavor, which I enjoyed tremendously. I admit that my experience was partly influenced by having read a book set in the location. With that said, I would prefer this location again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank SteveA65
Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Stayed with another couple for 5 days towards the end of Nov.As previously mentioned by other reviewers it is a little way from the centre,but the hotel shuttle service(up market BMW cars!) is perfectly suited to take you into town.The advantage is that you stay in a nice suburb of Prague which is a nice change after the hubble and bubble of the centre.
An extremely attractive hotel very friendly,excellent service ,the rooms are very comfortable the cleaning staff very attentive and did a great job.Didnt actually eat in the main restaurant but the breakfast was great covered most peoples needs.
The hotel has an excellent spa and a very well equiped(if very underused) gym.
Prague is a beautiful city,dont go there for the gastronomy...but as a base to visit it I cannot recomend Le Palais highly enough.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank rob j
Tucson
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel is a treasure - beautifully decorated, spacious rooms, great dining room and library with WiFi. Although it is not located in the heart of the historic area, it offers free shuttle services several times per day to its sister property which is located in the historic center. You have the best of both worlds - a quiet residential setting for a great value and convenient and free transportation to the historic sites and shopping. I would highly recommend a stay in this fine hotel where they pay attention to detail and friendly service. My marble bathroom floor was even heated!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
San Diego
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed three nights at Le Palais and we have no really complaints.

Pros:
- Beautiful architecture, situated in a real neighborhood with local people live next door.
- Delicious breakfast - whole grain bread never tasted better. I'm quite pleased with the food at the hotel.
- Use of spa facility is free of charge for hotel guests. Gorgeous and huge Jacuzzi pool, sauna room and steam room are also very good. Very clean. The time we visited, which was usually mid morning after breakfast, we always had the whole place by ourselves, so it was nice and quiet.
- Good service, with welcome drinks and individual tour of the property, etc.

Cons:
- Near zero storage space in the room. The room was quite small (at least the one we stayed in), but small was not the problem. The problem was the room design really did not provide sufficient space for us to take things out of the luggage.
- 2 metro stations all about 5 blocks away. There is a tram station that is even closer. Prague's public transportation is great, just buy a 1 day or 3 day unlimited ticket and you can go anywhere. But since we visited in November, 5-blocks is a lot in sub zero weather, especially coming back from a day of touring. I guess I wanted to say that the hotel location is still inconvenient compare with other hotels, even though the hotel does offer a shuttle.

But overall, I'm glad that I chose La Palais.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
LePalaisPrague, General Manager at Le Palais Art Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences of your recent stay at the Hotel Le Palais Prague with us and other travelers.
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and relaxation in our Health Club.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Sincerely Yours,

Petr Marek
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend and had a wonderful experience. Staff were very friendly, rooms were spacious with elegant decor and breakfast was served in a lovely room overlooking the city. The hotel even provides a town car to the main square. I recommend getting the refreshing facial at the spa! Great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple