“Thank you Le Palais for a great taste of Prague.”

Le Palais Art Hotel Prague
Ranked #42 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 31 December 2011

My husband, mother-in-law and I stayed here for three nights during Christmas. Our room was beautiful, clean, quiet, comfortable, with a great view of the garden. Tons of luxury items available: Le Occitane products, slippers, comfy robes, feather pillows, great bed, stocked fridge and my favorite heated bathroom floors.

The hotel itself is located about a 15 minute walk from the city center. We took advantage of the shuttle service to the center in the morning and would normally walk back in the evening. We loved that the hotel was off the beaten path. It was a great break from the chaos of the tourist center. Plus the hotel has a fantastic fitness center that is a great way to end the day. My husband and I took advantage off the whirlpool & sauna after a good day of walking.

Breakfast was also a great treat. Check the menu as there are quite a few free options available from the kitchen. We also had the pleasure of having Christmas dinner at the hotel. It was an excellent tasting menu that allowed a sneak peek of the chef skills. The Foie Gras is a must.

From the Hotel website I found out that they offer a in airport pick up service. We used the hotel car to and from the airport and found it to be an excellent value. Much cheaper than a regular taxi.

Overall we loved Le Palais. The service was above par, except for a minor glitch, but nothing that is worth mentioning. This is a great value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Postrelatina

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Look no further...I researched for months about Prague hotels. Both myself and husband are very picky and have stayed in some beautiful hotels - I wanted our 20 year Wedding Anniversary trip to be perfect and it was amazing!! Le Palais is in a lovely neighborhood just a short 15 min walk away from all the noise of the city - and if you don't want to walk, there is a BMW shuttle.
Le Palais is beautiful, every little detail is cared for. The rooms are very well appointed and immaculate. The bedroom was very quiet with a comfortable bed and high quality linens, bathrooms with heated floors, deep soaking tub, seperate shower and Molton Brown products. A free minibar and my favorite Nespresso machine were tucked away in a closet.
Evey night when we returned a beautiful orchid and a handmade Czech gift were by my pillow, and Christmas cookies were left on the diningroom table with a bottle of wine. The cookies were so delicious, I would get up in the middle of the night to have a snack!! I really miss this little treat - no one bakes me cookies at home! Breakfast was delicious and open until late morning. We did not dine in their restaurant but it smelled wonderful - we chose to venture out into the neighborhood and had many great meals. The sauna, steamroom and whirlpool were immaculate - we went 4 out of our 5 night stay and saw only one other couple. We had a very early morning flight to Paris and we received a real person wake-up call and a breakfast box to go. We couldn't have asked for more, it truly was an amazing 5 nights at Le Palais. I wish I had booked another 3 nights at Le Palais and passed on Paris!
All the staff from the front desk to the maids and servers in the diningroom all spoke good English and they seemed happy and always had smiles on their faces.
For years I've talked about how I love Prague and thank you so much Le Palais for making my husband fall in love with Prague too. We cannot wait to return
Ali Caracuzzi.

2  Thank ILovemyWestie
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My husband and I have traveled the world and stayed at many luxury hotels. We're super picky. Hotel Le Palais was some of the best service I have every experienced. We booked a package through luxury link, and everything was impeccable. The staff helped us figure out everything from how we could arrive via train from Salzburg to where to find a good bakery in the neighborhood. Breakfast was fantastic, there was a free minibar, a lovely library with a fire place, a wonderful bar and the restaurant was great. My only reason for giving it 4 and not 5 stars is that the location is definitely out from the center of town a good bit. I am very happy to walk and use the subway so this didn't bother me at all, but I would never send someone here who really would prefer to be in the center of the action. It is a 7 minute walk to the subway and then a 10-15 minute journey to the center of town... so all in, we needed to leave ourselves about 30 minutes to get anywhere (ie: the opera, dinner reservation, tour in mala strana). The area itself is quite nice, however, and we liked being out of the fray a bit. Lots of great restaurants in the 'hood, but they're geared towards locals (so you might have to figure out how to read the menu in Czech!)

2  Thank TravellinPantsNYC
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We have recently returned from a 3 night stay at Le Palais and are still commenting on what a lovely hotel it was. We thought the location was perfectly situated in what appeared to be an affluent residential area - lots of hairdresser salons and ladies in fur coats walking little dogs! Arriving in the evening I would definately recommend booking the hotel's BMW pick up service from airport.
On arrival the charming Receptionist gave us a brief guided tour of the Hotel and facilities in our lovely room. My husband had emailed in advance that it was my birthday and I believe we were upgraded and a complimentary bottle of champagne on ice was awaiting us. Since it was fairly late we opted for a bar meal - I had the most delicious goats cheese quiche with a lovely crisp white wine. My husband had a beef burger which he said was homemade and very good but was more delighted to find a comprehensive selection of excellent quality whiskys!
Saturday morning we were presented with a birthday glass of champagne at breakfast. Saturday evening our dining table was beautifully decorated with a red silk heart, red petals and candles. The fire in the dining room was lit and the table inbetween was moved to one side so we could appreciate it. The attentive service was second to none, the food and wine delicious. It was so good in fact we didn't bother to go and find another restaurant or bar, we preferred to stay put in this lovely hotel.
Prague centre was easy to get to, the first day we walked a brisk downhill (realistic) 15 - 20 minutes. The second day we wanted to get straight to the Old Town, a 10 minute walk to the metro (located in a pretty square, which at the time had a Christmas market) then 3 stops on the train. I believe the hotel does a drop off and pick up service as well.
Whilst looking for my birthday gift what we didn't appreciate is that there is a garnet mine about 2 hours from Prague so the jewellery shops sell mostly garnet set items. Not a problem! I chose a lovely pair of unique gold and garnet earrings from a shop in the old town Jewish area.
All in all a wonderful visit to Prague made special by the hotel's unique service, thank you.

ps. If you go in winter please don't under estimate the cold! You must must have good boots, coats, scarfs, gloves and especially hats. If you dress accordingly you will have a lovely time.

1  Thank TripperBinfield
Reviewed 19 December 2011

we have just returned from a week end in Prague. On reading reviews stayed at this hotel....it was wonderful. The staff are friendly & helpful, food was good.....room comfortable. My husband & l had a wonderful week end & next December we will return, so many amazing places to visit.....& a hotel definately worth returning to....Thank you Le alais for a wonderful week end .

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Le Palais is the setting of a superb thriller, travel novel called The God Complex. My wife packed it in my carry on as a surprise for my flight from NYC. I finished it by the time the plane touched down. It was riveting, and I had no desire to sleep until I found out what happened to Steve Benson. It turned my stay into a unique experience by painting a complete picture of the city, right down to the cafe a stone's throw away from the hotel. I highly recommend it. At the end of the book, there was a link to view story line images - http://godcomplexbook.com. In addition to pictures, there was a map you can download and take a one-day tour based upon the book. If you are heading to Prague, definitely get the book and print out the map. It's worth the money, even if you plan to take a guided tour.

Regarding the hotel, no expense was spared on the facilities. The view was magnificent, and the concierge staff was exceptionally helpful in recommending restaurants, planning transportation and meeting rooms, as well as catering. The location was not the most central, but it's only a metro stop from the city's center. However, I felt like I was getting a local flavor, which I enjoyed tremendously. I admit that my experience was partly influenced by having read a book set in the location. With that said, I would prefer this location again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank SteveA65
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Stayed with another couple for 5 days towards the end of Nov.As previously mentioned by other reviewers it is a little way from the centre,but the hotel shuttle service(up market BMW cars!) is perfectly suited to take you into town.The advantage is that you stay in a nice suburb of Prague which is a nice change after the hubble and bubble of the centre.
An extremely attractive hotel very friendly,excellent service ,the rooms are very comfortable the cleaning staff very attentive and did a great job.Didnt actually eat in the main restaurant but the breakfast was great covered most peoples needs.
The hotel has an excellent spa and a very well equiped(if very underused) gym.
Prague is a beautiful city,dont go there for the gastronomy...but as a base to visit it I cannot recomend Le Palais highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends