“High standards at affordable prices”

Le Palais Art Hotel Prague
Ranked #41 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The hotel is ideally located for both the conference centre (15min walk) and the old town (15min walk/metro). We expected a high standard and received it from start to finish. This hotel lived up to its high reputation as one of the best small hotels in the world.
Rooms were clean tidy and comfortable, breakfast was superb from fresh fruit to cooked food. The staff were charming, helpful and knowledgable. I will be returning with my family soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 November 2010

Dear Guest,
we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Le Palais Hotel Prague during your business trip. It will be our pleasure to welcome you in the future with your family. We will be happy to assist you with your room preferences as well as to give you recommendations where to go and what to do in Prague with kids.

Sincerely Yours, the Management with team

Reviewed 4 October 2010

Le Palais is a wonderfully renovated old building at the end of a quiet residential street though still within easy walking distance to the metro, shopping, and restaurants. Our room was large, comfortable and beautifully decorated with a great view of the city. The wells-stocked minibar was free (though this may have been a promotion) and the breakfast buffet was varied and delicious. To top it all off, the staff was great -- friendly and helpful. What more could you ask for!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I have to start my review by saying that unlike most people reviewing this hotel I did not actually choose to stay at Le Palais! My husband had booked a surprise 40th birthday trip to Prague and had originally booked the Kempinski hotel as this is our style of hotel and the location was excellent for getting around. However, the day before we were due to leave the UK for Prague the Kempinski hotel emailed my husband to say that they were overbooked and that they were placing us in another 5* hotel, Le Palais. Surprise over (my husband went into panic mode as it had taken him ages to go ahead and book this trip without my input), we were now faced with, in my words "a complete nightmare!" as I am not good at dealing with being let down. We had a look at Le Palais and just thought "no no no no!" This was not our style of hotel at all and it was out of town! However, because of the lack of time, we decided that we would make the most if a bad situation. How wrong we were!!! I cannot say that I was won over by the appearance of the hotel (beautiful as it was) but as soon as we were greeted at reception by name and given a short tour of the hotel we knew that we were going to love it. Ok, the hotel is not ultra modern. Ok, we didn't have a 50" flat screen tv in our room. What we did have was a beautiful large room with a very large bathroom and it was all spotless. We had a bottle of bubbly waiting for us with a note wishing me a Happy Birthday. We were invited to have a welcome drink when we had settled in and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (including my one at home). Le Palais is a truly beautiful hotel and the staff are fantastic. The fact that it was a little out of town turned out to be a good thing. We enjoyed the walks into town and the evenings were not spoiled by party goers late at night which we fear may have been the case if we had stayed in the centre if things. This hotel is 5* all the way for me and I miss it already.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Have returned home today after 2 nights at this wonderful hotel. Visited with 19 friends/colleagues on a work trip. What can I say about this hotel, the rooms are excellent and the maids really know how to look after the guests even turning down the quilt in the evening. All the staff really were excellent and should be commended on their professional attitude. The best bit about this hotel is most definitely the spa. Stopped 2 nights and visited the spa 3 times. Don't forget your shorts or bikini.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 21 September 2010

My wife and I enjoyed 8 nights of pure bliss. From the minute we walked in the door we knew we were in the place we should be. Upon check in, we were informed of our room upgrade, which was a nice surprise, even more once we got to our room. It was just amazing, 3 huge rooms, a dinning area, a living area with sofa and high back chairs and huge flat screen TV. A separate bed room with king size bed sitting area in room bar (which was included) and a huge marble bathroom with separate shower and bath tub, double sinks. I mean this was just the most spectacular suite we have ever stayed in.
The staff went out of their way to make sure that all was well and helped us with whatever we needed or wanted, No detail was left undone. We only ate 1 night at the hotel and the dinner was outstanding, as most nights are spent out trying different options in town, and there are many. The hotel is a little away from the action of Prague, but it's nice to come back to a quiet place from the days hustle and bustle. All in all this hotel is a 10 out of 10 with out a doubt. In any vacation it's always the details that can make or brake your experience, and La Palais scores huge on the detail end. My wife and I have traveled all over the world and we so enjoyed this hotel that their are not enough words to give this place the high marks it deserves. It is a LHW hotel and lives up to the title.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wiljor
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Three friends and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. Rooms were bright and airy with spotless bathrooms. The hotel is located on a very quiet street so a peaceful nights sleep was guaranteed. Despite its quiet location it is only a 15 walk to St. Wenclas Sq. Every member of staff we encountered could not have been more helpful. One member of our party arrived early in the morning and was facilitated with an early check in. Buffet breakfast was served in the restaurant with good choice of cereals, yogurts, juices, breads and bacon, eggs, sausages. Our beds were turned down each night which was a nice touch. Couldnt praise the staff enough, they were just so friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2010

From the moment I read up on this hotel I knew I would love it. It met all my expectations and more. Unfortunately, the location leaves much to be desired. We stayed in Prague for our first 4 nites prior to a cruise and we were very centrally located. We returned to Prague for the last nite of our vacation (when we were finished sight-seeing) and stayed at Le Palais. What a joy. Everything was perfect. We were upgraded to a FABULOUS tower suite and just vegged out in the hotel. We had dinner in their restaurant and it was excellent. I would definitely go back to this hotel and recommend it to friends but I do wish it was closer in to town.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple