“A great hotel if you don't want to stay in center of town”

Le Palais Art Hotel Prague
Ranked #37 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Toledo, Ohio
“A great hotel if you don't want to stay in center of town”
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This was a very nice hotel and the service was excellent. A full breakfast was included and it was very good. They have a free hotel shuttle to new town. We purchased a three day transit pass that's good 24 hours. We used the gym and spa in the lower levels. They offer promotional rates during the off season.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Le Palais Art Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 8 November 2010
Dear Guests, thank you for choosing Le Palais Hotel for your recent stay in Prague. We are glad that we succeeded in meeting your expectations. For your next stay, we would like to inform you that from now on we are also offering a bio breakfast corner. We believe the free shuttle service from the hotel to the Wenceslas Square helps to assure the highest comfort for our guests. Dear guests, it would be a great pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel.
Best regards, the Management with team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Last week I stayed there for two nights. I travelled to Prague alone for my vacation. I picked up Hotel le palais Prague based on the good reviews of the tripadvisor. All reviews are definitely true. Le palais was a perfect place for rest and travel . I can say It's not a typical style of hotel. I felt like I was staying at a big mansion. The atmosphere of the hotel was calm, noble and delicate. Standard Delux room was a bit small, but becautiful decorated (femine taste)and quiet. The bathroom was so nice. The free shuttle sevice to the oldtown square(on advance booking) was not a shuttle, It was a BMW limousine service. That's cool. The location was a bit far from the downtown. It's within 15minutes walking distance but it is not easy to find the way at the first time. So, It could be a small problem. Generally speaking, I highly recommend Hotel le palais. One important tip : bring your swimming suit. On the basement there's a Jacuzzi and Sauna.
But I couldn't use it without a swiiming suit.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank hhleestar
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The hotel is ideally located for both the conference centre (15min walk) and the old town (15min walk/metro). We expected a high standard and received it from start to finish. This hotel lived up to its high reputation as one of the best small hotels in the world.
Rooms were clean tidy and comfortable, breakfast was superb from fresh fruit to cooked food. The staff were charming, helpful and knowledgable. I will be returning with my family soon.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
, General Manager at Le Palais Art Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Dear Guest,
we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Le Palais Hotel Prague during your business trip. It will be our pleasure to welcome you in the future with your family. We will be happy to assist you with your room preferences as well as to give you recommendations where to go and what to do in Prague with kids.

Sincerely Yours, the Management with team
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Le Palais is a wonderfully renovated old building at the end of a quiet residential street though still within easy walking distance to the metro, shopping, and restaurants. Our room was large, comfortable and beautifully decorated with a great view of the city. The wells-stocked minibar was free (though this may have been a promotion) and the breakfast buffet was varied and delicious. To top it all off, the staff was great -- friendly and helpful. What more could you ask for!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I have to start my review by saying that unlike most people reviewing this hotel I did not actually choose to stay at Le Palais! My husband had booked a surprise 40th birthday trip to Prague and had originally booked the Kempinski hotel as this is our style of hotel and the location was excellent for getting around. However, the day before we were due to leave the UK for Prague the Kempinski hotel emailed my husband to say that they were overbooked and that they were placing us in another 5* hotel, Le Palais. Surprise over (my husband went into panic mode as it had taken him ages to go ahead and book this trip without my input), we were now faced with, in my words "a complete nightmare!" as I am not good at dealing with being let down. We had a look at Le Palais and just thought "no no no no!" This was not our style of hotel at all and it was out of town! However, because of the lack of time, we decided that we would make the most if a bad situation. How wrong we were!!! I cannot say that I was won over by the appearance of the hotel (beautiful as it was) but as soon as we were greeted at reception by name and given a short tour of the hotel we knew that we were going to love it. Ok, the hotel is not ultra modern. Ok, we didn't have a 50" flat screen tv in our room. What we did have was a beautiful large room with a very large bathroom and it was all spotless. We had a bottle of bubbly waiting for us with a note wishing me a Happy Birthday. We were invited to have a welcome drink when we had settled in and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (including my one at home). Le Palais is a truly beautiful hotel and the staff are fantastic. The fact that it was a little out of town turned out to be a good thing. We enjoyed the walks into town and the evenings were not spoiled by party goers late at night which we fear may have been the case if we had stayed in the centre if things. This hotel is 5* all the way for me and I miss it already.

• Stayed September 2010
Manchester
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Have returned home today after 2 nights at this wonderful hotel. Visited with 19 friends/colleagues on a work trip. What can I say about this hotel, the rooms are excellent and the maids really know how to look after the guests even turning down the quilt in the evening. All the staff really were excellent and should be commended on their professional attitude. The best bit about this hotel is most definitely the spa. Stopped 2 nights and visited the spa 3 times. Don't forget your shorts or bikini.

• Stayed September 2010
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 21 September 2010

My wife and I enjoyed 8 nights of pure bliss. From the minute we walked in the door we knew we were in the place we should be. Upon check in, we were informed of our room upgrade, which was a nice surprise, even more once we got to our room. It was just amazing, 3 huge rooms, a dinning area, a living area with sofa and high back chairs and huge flat screen TV. A separate bed room with king size bed sitting area in room bar (which was included) and a huge marble bathroom with separate shower and bath tub, double sinks. I mean this was just the most spectacular suite we have ever stayed in.
The staff went out of their way to make sure that all was well and helped us with whatever we needed or wanted, No detail was left undone. We only ate 1 night at the hotel and the dinner was outstanding, as most nights are spent out trying different options in town, and there are many. The hotel is a little away from the action of Prague, but it's nice to come back to a quiet place from the days hustle and bustle. All in all this hotel is a 10 out of 10 with out a doubt. In any vacation it's always the details that can make or brake your experience, and La Palais scores huge on the detail end. My wife and I have traveled all over the world and we so enjoyed this hotel that their are not enough words to give this place the high marks it deserves. It is a LHW hotel and lives up to the title.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple