There is one thing going for this hotel and that is the location, as for the staff, accommodation, meals and service I will never stay at this hotel again. The check in staff are not warm accommodating or friendly, in fact on checkout they are quite rude. Being an ambassador Intercontinental member I used the club lounge one morning for breakfast and the food that was served can only be described as pathetic and no variety. The hotel does not offer any currency changing service and instructs you to walk a good 500 metres along the road to an exchange service with lower than expected exchange rates. Whilst I realise this is my fault for not reading my bill correctly because I was in a hurry to leave, I later found out that I was charged for a room upgrade which was never explained on check in or asked for, and I was also charged twice for the internet service which is suppose to be free to ambassador members. And to top off this wonderful experience I was also charged 2000 czech crowns to park my car for 2 days, a complete and utter ripoff. This hotel and it's staff are geared to rip as much money out of its guests as possible and I guess we are suppose to be grateful for the experience, well not me.
I stay in hotels 3 months of the year in all parts of the world on business and I know what is good value and what is not, and this hotel is not. Dear Petra, before you reply with one of your banal generic responses about how you will try to improve, blah blah blah, don't waste your time. If you don't come back to me with a refund on the overcharges that you shouldn't have billed me for, I will be writing to your superiors and making a formal complaint about this hotel and the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha