Have just returned from a 4 night break at this hotel. As others have stated, the location was excellent, right on the river and the surrounding area of designer shops made it a lovely short walk to the Old Town and other neighbourhoods. We did not use any of the wide range of public transport, but walked everywhere. Yes our legs ached, but it was worth it! Some of the views from the castle and the high points were breath taking. We covered lots of ground and really enjoyed the little winding back streets. On Sunday there was a little market on the other side of Charles Bridge, which was really interesting and had wood burners to stand around while you had a hot wine or cold beer. Such a beautiful city with some stunning buildings. There are hundreds of restaurants to chose from. The chicken kebabs in Old Town Square by the Astronomical Clock were lovely. We found a fabulous bistro which served so many different style of mussels which also done a great Entrecote Steak. Back to the hotel, our rooms were extremely comfortable and the pillow menu is a great idea, we found the size of the room ample and the bathroom really clean and well equipped, breakfast was good and had lots of different choices for everybody. The hotel bar was quite expensive but then again it was not comulsory to use it! Our only little tiny complaint (and it is really little), is that the rooms got so hot during the night and we couldn't open the window, that's it. Otherwise staff were friendly and very accommodating. We used Prague Airport Transfers which cost £30 return for both of us and also gave us a 50% discount on a river cruise trip, we found this service really sufficient and would recommend to anybody. We enjoyed Prague very much and would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha