“Perfect all around”

Ranked #93 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Haifa, Israel
“Perfect all around”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Three-peat on business to this facility which keeps on surprising me.

This is a 5 start all around hotel in terms of service and location.

Room is of ample size, bathroom is well lit and large. The room I received on the 6th floor had a marvelous view of the river. The white sheet of snow which covered the city was a bonus when I woke up. Breakfast is grand and personalized.

I stayed there for 2 nights and had to leave real early on the second morning. Mr. Jaroslav Putna was manning the front desk when I asked for a 4:45 am taxi. Not only I received a personalized wake up call (in addition to the automatic one), but a "breakfast basket" loaded with fruits, sandwiches and drinks was waiting for me before I boarded the hotel limo to the airport.

Hard to find big hotels with a personalized touch, but the Intercontinental Prague is one such gem.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nzakay
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Nzakay,
I would like to personally thank you for your time spending at Intercontinental Prague and sharing with us your overall satisfaction during your stay. I am honestly more than happy to read all your positive comments especially regarding quality of our breakfast, personalized wake up call and certainly breakfast box upon departure. I really do appreciate your wonderful words about our property and we are already looking forward having you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any further assistance requested or anything we can do for your during your next time in Prague.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo
Reviewed 28 February 2013

As a member of the IHG Priority Club Rewards program, booking the room, and check-in and out were all very smooth and easy with a friendly and helpful staff that provided assistance at any time. The location of the hotel is very good as it's a short walk to the Old Town Centre just past many higher end boutiques and shops and still within walking distance to the Charles Bridge leading to Lesser Town and Prague Castle. The room was large, quiet and comfortable, and a visit to the pool and spa after check out with no extra charge allowed us to really relax before dinner at the hotel restaurant Zlata Praha. The breakfast buffet provided a very good variety of items and dinner at Zlata Praha on the 9th floor of the hotel on the last night of our stay did not disappoint. All in all it was a very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you are a member of the IHG Priority Club Rewards program prior to booking and book online...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poolymook
Dear poolymook,
I am using this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague and certainly also for your valuable and positive feedbacks. Our one of the most important focus is provide the best available service and it is my pleasure to read such wonderful words about friendliness of our hotel staff from our loyal Priority Club guest. I do appreciate also your lovely comments about comfortable rooms, health club and spa, excellent variety of items during the breakfast and dinner on our top floor restaurant Zlata Praha. Will be my utmost pleasure to share your overall satisfaction with the rest of my team and will looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future. Thank you very much
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

We got an excellent deal on the BA Website and were not disappointed with the first class 5* service. The executive room had a huge comfortable bed with individual feather duvets. The breakfast catered for all tastes. The staff were very helpful and the concierge helped us book excellent seats to the opera. The cherry on the cake was getting a lift to the airport in the hotel mercedes (although we did pay standard taxi cost). The pool and spa were well worth a relaxing visit and the 9th floor restaurant excellent!

1 Thank Eve A
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Eve A
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. Your fantastic feedback is the greatest award for entire staff and will be my utmost pleasure to share with them directly. I do appreciate your positive feedback regarding your overall satisfaction especially in terms of our comfortable rooms, quality of breakfast in our new renovated restaurant, health club and spa, top floor restaurant Zlata Praha and the most important thing – very helpful staff. All these information is telling me that all our effort to the most important topic, satisfaction of our hotel guests, brings excellent results.
Thank you very much again for your time spending with us and I am looking forward welcoming you back to our property in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Really lovely classic hotel, was going through a facelift when we visited but none of this affected our stay. Our room was nice, classily decorated, not the most spacious IC room but spotless nonetheless. First night we arrived we had dinner in dukes bar and it was absolutely gorgeous, the meal the wine and the service were all terrific, could've had the same meal every night! On our last night we ate in the rooftop terrace restaurant and this was amazing the views of the city over a lovely meal was just amazing and very romantic. Loved this hotel and the city, we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Ava C
Thank you very much for your stay at InterContinental Prague along with overall positive feedbacks especially regarding our Duke’s Bar and top floor restaurant Zlata Praha. I will definitely share your lovely experience with my colleagues as these kinds of comments are actually the most valuable awards for all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back to our property and showing you our new looking building. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any assistance requested in the future
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stayed here in May 2012 - the location was excellent- ideal for high end shopping and only a 5 - 7 minute walk to the old town centre. The rooms are not very big but they were comfortable. free wifi was available in the lobby, i was sometimes able to get a signal from the hotel next door. There's a great restaurant a minute away from the hotel - Bar rock - get a seat at the window when the weather is good - it opens up onto the street. The staff was friendly and helpful. i would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear possiblebliss,
Let me please thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in May 2012. It is nice to hear about your satisfaction and the fact that your stay was memorable and enjoyable with the high impact of friendliness of our hotel staff. Actually during the year 2012, mainly after your stay in May, our Breakfast restaurant was completely renovated including our Duke’s Bar and lobby area. Due to a fact that our house has also as of last year completely new façade it would be my pleasure to having a chance welcoming you back to our property in the future to show you personally all these positive differences. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested or anything I can for you regarding your next stay in Prague.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Comparing this to other hotels for a business visit, I give this a 3+ primarily because the location is so ideal. Located on Prague's top commercial street, and a short stroll to the town square or in the other direction to the river, when one gets a break from business, you have Prague at your fingertips. The amenities are average for a business hotel, and the service is fine.

For a tourist, especially a couple, I still strongly recommend The Arcadia Apartments.

Room Tip: I stayed on the lounge level. I was told these rooms are better than others. I found them average fo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Anthony-Susan
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Anthony-Susan,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in February 2013. I do appreciate your valuable feedback especially regarding our excellent location in the centre of Prague. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any kind of assistance requested or anything we can do for you in the future during your next time in Prague. We are looking forward having chance welcoming you back to InterContinental Prague.
Jerusalem
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The Intercontinental is perfectly situated. You cant get lost coming back to it. Its less then 5 minutes walk from the Old Town Square and one minute walk to the Jewish Synagogues/ghetto/famous cemetery etc. The opposite direction of a minutes walk takes you to the river for cruises or across the bridge and a lovely hike up the mountain for breathtaking view of Prague from the giant metronome.
We arrived in the late morning and they allowed us early check-in. A Priority Club membership gives you extra perks such as late check out and a newspaper in the morning. We also took advantage of a complementary shoe shine. Beds were very comfortable as were the rooms. Its funny that the only complaint I read about the hotel was that the curtains came off the hooks in the middle making it difficult to close and sure enough so were ours (room 456). Breakfast was very good. The Chief Concierge Martin Droppa was an expert at everything and beyond from all cultural events to confirming our flights for us. Our flight was midnight so they let us stay until 9pm for a very reasonable price. The Spa has a very well equipped gym and a lovely salt water pool, a jacuzzi and a sauna separate for male and female in respective changing rooms. A steam sauna would make it the perfect place. A private dedicated lift takes you down to the spa so you dont have to share the lift with guests and their suitcases while you are in your bathrobe. All in all well worth the few extra Euros.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear jerusalemtravel,
Let me please take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague and share with us your excellent experiences. I am happy to hear about your overall satisfaction and the fact that as a Priority Club Member you were feeling valued and appreciated. I would like to also thank you for your positive feedbacks regarding our quality of breakfast, comfortable beds, Health Club and Spa and our Chief Concierge Martin Droppa who was actually the person who added extra bonus to complete your satisfaction and make your stay as much as memorable and enjoyable one.
Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested or anything we can do for you in the future during your next time in Prague.