“Good Convenient location”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #98 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just stayed 6 nights at the Intercontinental Prague. The location is excellent, close enough to old town without the businesses of being right in old town. Our room was comfortable but small. We were issued a "garden view" room on the third floor which turned out to be a view the roof with some plants on top of the roof, not very attractive. I belief the river view rooms would have been an upgrade.

Room Tip: ask for river view and a room on a higher level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear wwtrav,
I would like to take this great opportunity to thank you for staying with us at InterContinental Prague. I am so happy to read your nice words about our hotel especially about our comfortable rooms and excellent location. Regarding river view, please do not hesitate to contact reception directly upon arrival regarding the deluxe rooms availability for small extra fee and we will be more than happy to assist you. Certainly would be also our pleasure to arrange different category room in advance – simply contact me or my colleagues directly during your next time in Prague. We are looking forward welcoming you back to make your stay even more enjoyable and memorable one.
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,754)

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here for business, and as a hotel, it was comfortable and clean. No real WOW factor about the bedrooms etc, but the real wow was eating at the restaurant on the rooftop: a fab view across the city, and at dusk was very beautiful. Will revisit with Husband one day!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Jasper33Rosie39,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice. I do appreciate your overall satisfaction with our property especially our cleanliness and our roof top restaurant Zlata Praha – thank you for sharing with us. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed in a river facing room on an upper floor. The views of the river traffic and one of the bridges were great. We were driving so having a secure parking facility was a plus. Check-in was quick and we were even given our room slightly earlier than the published time. Even with lots of traffic on the river and the street, we never heard any noise outside the room. Dinner and breakfast were very good with many choices. As mentioned in other reviews, the location is very convenient to nearby attractions; Charles Bridge and the The Square are each within 10 minutes on foot. If walking is not convenient, a tram and a bus stop in front of the hotel. Great visit!

Room Tip: A river facing room is great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelNurseUSA,
Thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing your personal experiences also via tripadvisor. Your overall satisfaction and very nice positive feedbacks are more than appreciated and we will be looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any further assistance requested or anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Everything except the Castle is in walking distance. the Charlse bridge, the market square, Jewish quarters. Next to the paris street which has all the upscale shops like Parada, LV, rolex etc.
the service is very good and people step forward to help at all times. rooms are not ultra modern but nice and clean.

one dissapointment was that i could hear the cars in the street which is a putoff for me.

Breakfast is 26 euros per person. however there are a lot of places to eat around the hotel if you so choose.

The GYM and SPA are simply awsome. the Gym is a professional one.

ONE word of caution for anyone visiting prague and may have nothing to do with the Hotel , be very careful about yellow signs that advertise money exchange without comission and offer a good rate. the fine print is that the good rate is only for large transactions for normal one on the right side will be written a much lower rate. like 24.5 for 1 euro (large transaction) and 18.9 for 1Euro others. and you can not change your mind once you give your mone as "it is in the computer now"

Room Tip: stay away from the main road, even if it means a lesser view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mohitoswal,
Let me take this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague along with sharing with us your personal experiences. I am more than happy to read about our very good service and clean rooms. Your overall satisfaction and very nice positive feedbacks are more than appreciated and we will be looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any further assistance requested or anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel was in a wonderful location. Easy access to St Charles Bridge, the Castle, and the Square. Breakfast was ok, dinner was better. The only complaint I had was that they allowed smoking in the lobby and it was open to the doors and elevator area, so we could not get away from it. I realize this is Europe, but we were not used to the smell of stale smoke everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear JDEast11,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice. I do appreciate your valuable feedback and I am sorry for the fact that you had to face such an unpleasant experience. I am able to confirm that we do have only one small section at our Bar available for smoking and I am honestly surprise about your comment regarding the smoking at our lobby – this had to be some kind of misunderstanding as nobody is allowed to smoke in this particular area. We will certainly concentrate on that to avoid any similar scenarios in the future – thank you again. In despite of this particular experience I can read you have enjoyed your stay with us so we are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Intercontinental with a group of 22 people from Tulsa. The hotel is conveniently located in downtown center with easy access to restaurants and shopping as well as site seeing. The breakfasts are great and consistent. We didn't eat there other wise except for snacks at the bar. Great service from the staff who were always friendly. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jim F,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice along with your overall very positive feedback sharing with us. I am happy to read about your satisfaction especially regarding our great service and always friendly staff. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property and make your stay again as much as possible valuable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during our vacation to Prague. The location is great to walk to all of the local tourist spots. Hotel rooms are nice and clean. The one thing that is strange is the blankets. They provided two small twin blankets on a king bed . Would have preferred a traditional normal blanket. Also, the room did not have a clock.
Otherwise, the hotel was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Familytraveler5000,
I am taking this great opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I am honestly more than happy to read the fact that you have enjoyed your vacation with you wife at our property. I do appreciate your valuable comment related to blankets and clock in the guest room – thank you for sharing with us. Certainly would be our pleasure to arrange for you normal blanket upon request 24 hours via housekeeping and regarding the clock – we do have available on TV directly. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague – we are looking forward welcoming you back. I wish you all the best and have a lovely day.