“Excellent location!”

Ranked #93 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Excellent location!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 9 days with my son. The hotel was very clean, brilliant staff: very helpful! The hotel is in a perfect location for sight-seeing Prague. We felt very safe and nothing was too much trouble!! Will definitely return to beautiful Prague and this wonderful hotel!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AMPUk
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear AMPUk,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your 9 nights stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your lovely feedback and I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our very helpful staff, cleanliness and location – thank you very much. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague and we are already looking forward welcoming you and your son back at our property in the future.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leo, Indiana
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Awesome location, atmosphere, and service. Staff is wonderful, and the view from the terrace restaurant is breathtaking. Close to the Old town square, Charles bridge, and the Prague Castle. Nearby restaurants were excellent and reasonably priced. Hotel limo service is readily available to take you where you need to go. Make sure you negotiate price with the driver before you get in.
I took my family over there for a week and had a great time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sun P,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable feedback and I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our hotel staff and roof top restaurant Zlata Praha – thank you very much. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested in the future and would be my utmost pleasure welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2013

When we look for a place to stay on our travels the primary focus for us is on location. Every other review will state this however I must make the point again, this location is PERFECT. Now why do I think this, first of all the hotel is close to everything, if you don't mind walking a few blocks you can see every sight in Prague and we don't mind a walking. But what you don't hear in other reviews is that the InterContinental is also in a quiet location. We faced the river and did not hear anything all night long. Prague is a city that has a great night life, however when we were slipping under the covers sometime after midnight each night we did not hear a sound out our windows. Other locations located next to or over clubs/discos do not have this benefit. We traveled without our 16 month old for the first time and enjoyed evenings out but also enjoy a good nights sleep (you parents will understand). At the same time a block or two away you can order your last beer at sunrise and not awake us sleepers at the Intercontinental. Just a point I did awake early one morning to photo the Charles Bridge and Old Town at sunrise and the clubs were just closing and many of the patrons out on the street enjoying the views along with us early rising photo takers. If your up early consider this time of day for photos, the city will fill with people as the day goes on and your views will be full of people on holiday.
As for the hotel, it's not the Four Seasons so don't walk into it with that kind of expectation. However it's a very good hotel, the front desk was efficient and I never waited in line. The breakfast was exactly what we needed, in fact it may be the only time of day we ate fresh fruits and vegetables. The food in Prague was great however it's a little heavy for those of us watching what we eat and we don't watch what we eat when on vacation. Our room was wonderful, clean, nice views, great bath room and the bed was firm but comfortable. If we were traveling with our son the room would have been a little small from in our opinion, then again I think were a little spoiled. The rooftop bar should not be missed, the views may be the best in the city and it was never overly crowded. Of course you will pay a little extra for the drinks at the hotel. We did have two group dinners at the hotel and the food and spaces were excellent. I wish we could comment on the Spa and other facilities however we spent most of our time out on the town or relaxing in our room.

Room Tip: We had a room with a river view and it was quiet and visually pleasing.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoeyMtravels
Dear joeymichalec,
Let me take this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your very detailed valuable feedback and I am honestly very happy to read about your overall satisfaction. I do agree with the fact that location is excellent and the best available award for all of us is also your very positive feedback related to our efficient front desk staff, very good breakfast, cleanliness and memorable roof top restaurant Zlatá Praha – thank you very much. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested in the future and would be my utmost pleasure welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed 6 nights with our 2 year old son. The 4th floor room that we had was on the small size with a very odd desk that jutted out into the room that cut the small room off even more. The beds were very stiff and the A/C (even with the curtains closed in the afternoon to block out the south sun) never actually got the room cool (and we were there through a stretch of 90-100 degree weather). The mini bar fridge also never really got the drinks cold, ice was still needed.

The bathroom was nice although no air circulation so after a shower it was very steamy and humid, which in turn didn't help the room temperature. Furniture was not exactly "dated" but it wasn't new and odd colors. Large furniture also made the room feel small.

The building itself is centrally located with easy transportation options within a block or so. Buffet is standard with a wide variety but nothing spectacular. A nice touch though were the espresso makers in the breakfast area (coffee option in the room was only 1 sleeve of instant...not great if there are two of you wanting an early jolt).

The housekeeping was VERY hit and miss. At one point we were going on 3 days of empty coffee and bar cups in our room that were never cleaned up. Mini bar glass wear was not replaced on more days than it was. No complimentary water offered.

On two mornings the housekeepers attempted to access our room at about 8am. Obviously it was my fault for not putting the do not disturb sign out at night (sarcasm). The mini bar refresher also attempted to enter our room one afternoon without knocking while I was there when our son was taking a nap. I have never seen that happen at other high end (or budget) hotels so often. Very odd.

The pool area is very dated, as is the rest of the lobby area. The physical building is post-war communist architecture.

If we head to Prague again I will be looking into the Four Seasons or another property within the central area.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank TeagyGwen
Dear TeagyGwen,
I am taking this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your very detailed valuable feedback with all relevant comments which I have already shared with my colleagues directly. We will do our best and concentrate on all your points to avoid any similar scenarios in the future as guest satisfaction is one of the most important focuses at our property. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested in the future. I still do hope having a chance welcoming you back at InterContinental Prague during your next time at our lovely city.
East Meadow, NY
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I finished our tour (Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest & Prague) with three nights at this hotel. It is a fine hotel. The location is good; within walking distance to the Square with the Astronomical Clock and many restaurants. The room was a bit small and the bathroom was very small. The buffet breakfasts were good but not great. Indoor dining; we prefer those with outdoor tables. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is shaped like a square and our room was in the back quite a walk from the elevators.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lloyd H,
I would like to take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your lovely feedback and happy to read about your overall satisfaction, especially regarding our friendly and helpful staff and very good breakfast – thank you very much. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in advance during your next time in Prague – I will assign the room which would be closer to the elevators. It will be our utmost pleasure welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just stayed 6 nights at the Intercontinental Prague. The location is excellent, close enough to old town without the businesses of being right in old town. Our room was comfortable but small. We were issued a "garden view" room on the third floor which turned out to be a view the roof with some plants on top of the roof, not very attractive. I belief the river view rooms would have been an upgrade.

Room Tip: ask for river view and a room on a higher level.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear wwtrav,
I would like to take this great opportunity to thank you for staying with us at InterContinental Prague. I am so happy to read your nice words about our hotel especially about our comfortable rooms and excellent location. Regarding river view, please do not hesitate to contact reception directly upon arrival regarding the deluxe rooms availability for small extra fee and we will be more than happy to assist you. Certainly would be also our pleasure to arrange different category room in advance – simply contact me or my colleagues directly during your next time in Prague. We are looking forward welcoming you back to make your stay even more enjoyable and memorable one.
Todmorden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here for business, and as a hotel, it was comfortable and clean. No real WOW factor about the bedrooms etc, but the real wow was eating at the restaurant on the rooftop: a fab view across the city, and at dusk was very beautiful. Will revisit with Husband one day!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Jasper33Rosie39,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice. I do appreciate your overall satisfaction with our property especially our cleanliness and our roof top restaurant Zlata Praha – thank you for sharing with us. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.