“Stayed during a conference”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #97 of 650 Hotels in Prague
London, England
“Stayed during a conference”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I love this hotel, and my room was fantastic, very large, very clean and very comfortable. I was in town on business and the location is perfect - most things are walkable since Prague is quite compact and a town that deserves to be walked around anyway.

One problem - there was a conference in full swing when I was there which meant the lobby was a noisy and busy place full of suits. Therefore the bar area was never accessible. Also, Prague was experiencing something of a heatwave at the time and the air conditioning was not coping AT ALL! Possibly the most uncomfortable hotel lobby I have been in.

The staff here are very efficient, check-in was very smooth and my bags were brought up immediately. Everything I needed was catered for. I also had a chance to use the executive lounge on one of the higher floors which was very well-appointed and a welcome escape from the mad lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Archiernf
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Archiernf,
I am taking this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague, especially to our guest who loves our property as we do. I am happy to read about your overall very positive comments especially regarding our helpful and friendly staff – thank you very much. Your concern regarding the air conditioning has already been resolved and I do appreciate you sharing with us directly. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested and we will be looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel beginning of August 2013 for 2 nights. Everyone that we encountered was very nice and helpful. Breakfast buffet was great, lots to chose from. Other meals were just ok.
The hotels location is conviniend to the attractions of the city. We had issues with our suitcases not coming on the plane and the conciege team helped us as best as they could. Overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beautiful85
Dear Beautiful85,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable and overall very nice feedback as these kind of the comments are actually the nicest awards for all of us – thank you very much. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel handles large groups(conference/tourists) very well.Ours was a big group and every thing went off fine.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable.A wide choice of pillows,effective AC,well stocked minibar,Ipad dock,good lighting added to the stay experience.(this room had an extra bed and would be suitable for a family of 3-4).Bathroom is functional.Has a bathtub and a bidet.

Of course the location is simply great.Close to some of the important landmarks.Taxis are available round the clock.The river flows just across the road from the hotel.Great for morning walks.

The hotel is in a very peaceful location and never did i hear any traffic.Could be because my room faced the terrace garden(not much of a view but no noises either).Many shops in the lobby add to the convenience.The neighborhood,within reasonable walking distance, has branded stores,cafes,street food,souvenir shops and many historical buildings.

Good breakfast but the cafe gets crowded in the mornings because of large groups staying there.The service is prompt.

Efficient housekeeping.The room would be clean by the time we got back at lunch time.(they start early and it would be advisable to hang a 'donot disturb' sign if you wish to start the day at leisure).

A great stay overall.Certainly recommended.
**********************************************************************************************************************

Some tips for the first time traveller :

1)Pack in a pair of walking shoes.Prague is a very walk friendly city.
2)Take the services of a walk guide.The charges are very reasonable and you are able to discover much more of the city's history
3)Most taxis dont run by the meter(some do).Negotiate the rate before boarding.
4)Use trams and metro.Very convenient.Tickets are available at ICon's lobby.
5)For nightclubs go to Wenceslas Square.The reputed ones are located there.
6)Do a Vltava river cruise.Its across the road from Icon
7)There is a money changer on the adjacent road(on the left road as you face the hotel,100mtrs on the corner).He gave me good rate/s without any hidden charges.
6)Walk down to the Square to sample some great local food.5mins from the hotel.
7)There is an Indian vegetarian restaurant close by.

(RESPONSIBLE LUXURY : Its not about paying,its about being sensitive to environmental preservation.)

Room Tip: Ask for a 'river view' room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank traveladict_del
Dear traveladict_del,
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I have to say wow as this kind of detailed feedback is more than appreciated – thank you very much. It will be my pleasure to share your ideas and personal experiences with my colleagues as the direct guest feedback is the most important for all of us. Thank you again and we are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for anything particular during your next time in Prague
madison, wisconsin
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel has a great location, as others have written about. The bed was great and the room was very clean. Otherwise it is boring at best. Food is expensive and basically has little to no character. Could have been anywhere. Conceirge answered questions but never seemed that interested in really helping.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank fownog
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear fownog,
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable feedback and thank you for sharing with us your personal experiences. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed in the hotel for five nights in August 2013. Yes the hotel is in a very good location not far from the centre of prague old town and jewish quarter. The hotel room was fine and i was upgraded to an executive room as a platinum ambassador. The addition of the toilet brush in the bathroom i found odd as if it was not for me to clean the toilet , why was it there? The air conditioning worked well as well as the shower in the morning. Some staff must have been absent the day the hotel school tell you about the customer always being right. I asked a receptionist one day 'what makes the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel?' he simply replied with 'i do not know'. I think that experience encompasses all the issues that need to be said. The hotel as a leading brand name in IHG hotels does not show that. The level of staff and service was very inconsistent and all they did was they merely apologised for it with the bill being reduced rather than giving the service one expects from an Intercontinental Hotel. As an IC it doesn't come near in standard to London, New York, Vienna or Athens for example. I must add two more things , firstly about the room service, oily and salty...inedible for the most part (french fries oily and salty in a paper wrapper....in an intercontinental hotel?????) after a complaint the second time around was a lot more like an IC hotel room service. Secondly and most interestingly i feel, the staff informed me that they only need to as a licence/franchise of ICH group, give 75-80% of the recommended service of an IC hotel. i could have been unfortunate to have experienced the 20% but i seriously doubt it. Cutbacks and money savings detract from the service you expect. sadly I would not recommend it as an experience as i had, that being said however, if they sort out the customer and staff issues, then i would happily go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Irishguy353
Dear irishguy53,
I am taking this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable comments and very detailed personal experiences. I will share your feedback with my colleagues directly as the satisfaction of our hotel guests is the most important focus. We do hope having a chance welcoming you back in the future and prove to you our commitment. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance during your next time in Prague.
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I just spent a wonderful 4 days trip in Prague and the head quarter was in IC Prague. The privacy of the Club Lounge, the marvellous breakfast offer, the smiling staff, everything was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel. You can find at the corner Parizska street and this is even an additional benefit for those who like exclusive brands.

Room Tip: facing to the river
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GyulaKanel
Dear GyulaKanel,
I would like to take this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I am more than happy to read your lovely comments and your overall satisfaction – thank you very much. We wish you all the best and we are looking forward welcoming you back during your next time in Prague.
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed with my sister and her family for the New Years Eve weekend a few years ago and thought the hotel was fabulous. The location is superb adn everyone was very attentive and helpful. I would definitley come back for a visit.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa F
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Lisa F,
Thank you for your time spending with us at InterContinental Prague and celebrate New Years Eve. I am happy to read about your overall satisfaction and appreciate sharing with us your personal enjoyable experiences. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly regarding any assistance during your next time in Prague, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are looking forward welcoming you back either during next New Years Eve celebration or any other period.