InterContinental Prague
US$192
US$187
Travelocity
2,791 results
All reviewsold town squarezlata prahagreat locationjewish quartercharles bridgethe club loungerooftop restaurantriver viewpillow menubit datedwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetastronomical clocktop floorthe main squarevery nice hotelbeautiful city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2013

As with most IC hotels, location is always one of the main features. IC Prague is no exception.
5 min walk from Old Town square where you can find the Astronomical clock.

Room size was excellent, stayed in a deluxe room. Large bathroom with shower enclosure plus a bath tub. All in marble.

Bed was comfortable but not excellent. Room service and housekeeping was great. They come check your room for supplies a couple of times a day and also offer turndown service.

You can go to the rooftop restaurant which has fantastic views, food is good but very overpriced so I guess you are paying for the view.

As I regard fitness facilities very important when going to a hotel, I can honestly say that this hotel had one of the best gyms/fitness centre that I've been so far. It even includes a fitness studio. Only problem is the lack of heavy free weights (30Kg+).

Breakfast had plenty of options, although pricey if not included in your rate. Huge selection of hot and cold meat, cheese. Egg station where you can choose how it is freshly done. Fruits being cut freshly in front of you. Also an asian station where you could get different dishes such as salmon, stir-fries, etc.

Hotel lobby is vast with a couple of stores inside. Reception service is what you would expect from a 5* hotel.

All in all, a great stay.

Room Tip: High floors. Try the city view ones.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dougie G
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Dougie G,
I would like to take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your very detailed comments and thank you for sharing with us your personal experiences. I am happy to read about your satisfaction especially regarding our fitness facilities, breakfast offer, hotel staff services at reception / room service and housekeeping as this is exactly the best available award for all of us. If there is anything particular we can do for your during your next time in Prague, please do not hesitate to contact any of us directly. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I love this hotel, and my room was fantastic, very large, very clean and very comfortable. I was in town on business and the location is perfect - most things are walkable since Prague is quite compact and a town that deserves to be walked around anyway.

One problem - there was a conference in full swing when I was there which meant the lobby was a noisy and busy place full of suits. Therefore the bar area was never accessible. Also, Prague was experiencing something of a heatwave at the time and the air conditioning was not coping AT ALL! Possibly the most uncomfortable hotel lobby I have been in.

The staff here are very efficient, check-in was very smooth and my bags were brought up immediately. Everything I needed was catered for. I also had a chance to use the executive lounge on one of the higher floors which was very well-appointed and a welcome escape from the mad lobby.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Archiernf
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Archiernf,
I am taking this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague, especially to our guest who loves our property as we do. I am happy to read about your overall very positive comments especially regarding our helpful and friendly staff – thank you very much. Your concern regarding the air conditioning has already been resolved and I do appreciate you sharing with us directly. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested and we will be looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel beginning of August 2013 for 2 nights. Everyone that we encountered was very nice and helpful. Breakfast buffet was great, lots to chose from. Other meals were just ok.
The hotels location is conviniend to the attractions of the city. We had issues with our suitcases not coming on the plane and the conciege team helped us as best as they could. Overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beautiful85

Dear Beautiful85,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable and overall very nice feedback as these kind of the comments are actually the nicest awards for all of us – thank you very much. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel handles large groups(conference/tourists) very well.Ours was a big group and every thing went off fine.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable.A wide choice of pillows,effective AC,well stocked minibar,Ipad dock,good lighting added to the stay experience.(this room had an extra bed and would be suitable for a family of 3-4).Bathroom is functional.Has a bathtub and a bidet.

Of course the location is simply great.Close to some of the important landmarks.Taxis are available round the clock.The river flows just across the road from the hotel.Great for morning walks.

The hotel is in a very peaceful location and never did i hear any traffic.Could be because my room faced the terrace garden(not much of a view but no noises either).Many shops in the lobby add to the convenience.The neighborhood,within reasonable walking distance, has branded stores,cafes,street food,souvenir shops and many historical buildings.

Good breakfast but the cafe gets crowded in the mornings because of large groups staying there.The service is prompt.

Efficient housekeeping.The room would be clean by the time we got back at lunch time.(they start early and it would be advisable to hang a 'donot disturb' sign if you wish to start the day at leisure).

A great stay overall.Certainly recommended.
**********************************************************************************************************************

Some tips for the first time traveller :

1)Pack in a pair of walking shoes.Prague is a very walk friendly city.
2)Take the services of a walk guide.The charges are very reasonable and you are able to discover much more of the city's history
3)Most taxis dont run by the meter(some do).Negotiate the rate before boarding.
4)Use trams and metro.Very convenient.Tickets are available at ICon's lobby.
5)For nightclubs go to Wenceslas Square.The reputed ones are located there.
6)Do a Vltava river cruise.Its across the road from Icon
7)There is a money changer on the adjacent road(on the left road as you face the hotel,100mtrs on the corner).He gave me good rate/s without any hidden charges.
6)Walk down to the Square to sample some great local food.5mins from the hotel.
7)There is an Indian vegetarian restaurant close by.

(RESPONSIBLE LUXURY : Its not about paying,its about being sensitive to environmental preservation.)

Room Tip: Ask for a 'river view' room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank traveladict_del

Dear traveladict_del,
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I have to say wow as this kind of detailed feedback is more than appreciated – thank you very much. It will be my pleasure to share your ideas and personal experiences with my colleagues as the direct guest feedback is the most important for all of us. Thank you again and we are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for anything particular during your next time in Prague

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel has a great location, as others have written about. The bed was great and the room was very clean. Otherwise it is boring at best. Food is expensive and basically has little to no character. Could have been anywhere. Conceirge answered questions but never seemed that interested in really helping.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank fownog
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear fownog,
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable feedback and thank you for sharing with us your personal experiences. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.