My wife and I take a couple of city breaks every year, but normally stay in (cheap) hotels based on reviews on TripAdvisor. As this trip was to celebrate our wedding anniversary we decided to spend a little bit more than normal. I am so pleased we did! The Intercontinental is an excellent hotel, very well situated, fantastic service and overall excellent value. My wife booked through holiday.com, but I wanted to add something memorable to the holiday.
I visited the icprague website and wanted to book a limousine pick up or something for the room, but there is no email address listed. I emailed the general enquiries/sales address, but did not get a response (in fairness to the hotel my email was on a Friday night for a Sunday arrival - so they were not given much time to respond). On the day we were due to fly I telephoned the hotel. They were very courteous, but needed my request in writing and I was given the concierge email address and I booked the limousine. I did not think to ask for anything else as this was about an hour before we left for the airport.
On our arrival the limousine was waiting for us. I would certainly recommend this service to anyone staying at this hotel as a normal taxi will cost around 650CKZ (£21/$34) and many city guides warn that taxis may overcharge. The limo service is 900CZK (£29/$47). It is nice to be met in the arrival hall, have someone carry your bags and drive you directly to your hotel. We also got a mini sightseeing tour as our driver pointed out landmarks. We were so impressed with this service that we used it for our return journey to the airport. Fantastic.
We arrived, comfortably, at the hotel and (to my surprise) there was a complimentary bottle of wine, some chocolates and strawberries, so my email did get through! My wife was very impressed with my thoughtfulness. Very impressed.
We had a room overlooking the river, it was tastefully furnished and has one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The mini bar is so well stocked that even the most hardened drinker would be happy. The same cannot be said of the tea and coffee making facilities - I would have liked to have more than one sachet of coffee. Breakfast is buffet style with everything from bacon and eggs to Thai noodles and sushi. Excellent.
If you get the chance visit the pool. Despite the size of the hotel, the pool was not busy. If we had stayed longer we would probably have had a massage. Relaxing.
The location of the hotel could not be better, It is literally a 5 minute walk to one of the main squares in the city and that 5 minutes takes you past all of the exclusive shops of Prague. D&G, Tiffany, Gucci to name but a few.
A good hotel makes all the difference, especially if you are only visiting for a short break. And this is a good hotel. I give full marks for everything and a huge thank you to all the staff that made our stay there memorable.
As many of these reviews are read by the hotel I would like to suggest that the concierge email address be added to the website along with a short list of pre-bookable services (flowers/chocolates/champagne/etc). I appreciate that these may be available when you book directly but not through 3rd party websites that so many of us now use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha