“Wonderful hotel”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #98 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I take a couple of city breaks every year, but normally stay in (cheap) hotels based on reviews on TripAdvisor. As this trip was to celebrate our wedding anniversary we decided to spend a little bit more than normal. I am so pleased we did! The Intercontinental is an excellent hotel, very well situated, fantastic service and overall excellent value. My wife booked through holiday.com, but I wanted to add something memorable to the holiday.

I visited the icprague website and wanted to book a limousine pick up or something for the room, but there is no email address listed. I emailed the general enquiries/sales address, but did not get a response (in fairness to the hotel my email was on a Friday night for a Sunday arrival - so they were not given much time to respond). On the day we were due to fly I telephoned the hotel. They were very courteous, but needed my request in writing and I was given the concierge email address and I booked the limousine. I did not think to ask for anything else as this was about an hour before we left for the airport.

On our arrival the limousine was waiting for us. I would certainly recommend this service to anyone staying at this hotel as a normal taxi will cost around 650CKZ (£21/$34) and many city guides warn that taxis may overcharge. The limo service is 900CZK (£29/$47). It is nice to be met in the arrival hall, have someone carry your bags and drive you directly to your hotel. We also got a mini sightseeing tour as our driver pointed out landmarks. We were so impressed with this service that we used it for our return journey to the airport. Fantastic.

We arrived, comfortably, at the hotel and (to my surprise) there was a complimentary bottle of wine, some chocolates and strawberries, so my email did get through! My wife was very impressed with my thoughtfulness. Very impressed.

We had a room overlooking the river, it was tastefully furnished and has one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The mini bar is so well stocked that even the most hardened drinker would be happy. The same cannot be said of the tea and coffee making facilities - I would have liked to have more than one sachet of coffee. Breakfast is buffet style with everything from bacon and eggs to Thai noodles and sushi. Excellent.

If you get the chance visit the pool. Despite the size of the hotel, the pool was not busy. If we had stayed longer we would probably have had a massage. Relaxing.

The location of the hotel could not be better, It is literally a 5 minute walk to one of the main squares in the city and that 5 minutes takes you past all of the exclusive shops of Prague. D&G, Tiffany, Gucci to name but a few.

A good hotel makes all the difference, especially if you are only visiting for a short break. And this is a good hotel. I give full marks for everything and a huge thank you to all the staff that made our stay there memorable.

_________________________________________________________________________

As many of these reviews are read by the hotel I would like to suggest that the concierge email address be added to the website along with a short list of pre-bookable services (flowers/chocolates/champagne/etc). I appreciate that these may be available when you book directly but not through 3rd party websites that so many of us now use.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side have a better view, but you will hear traffic if you open the windows. The t...
1  Thank Steve H
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Steve H,
I am not even able to say just thank you for your stay as your very detailed and very valuable feedback is more than lovely to read. I am so pleased to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our services and hotel staff and what is the most important for us – your wedding anniversary was successful and you wife was happy. We will certainly take your suggestions for further steps as the satisfaction of our hotel guests is the most important part of our business. We are looking forward to your visit at our InterContinental Prague in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested.
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,756)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I had 4 day/3 night stay during beginning of an Avalon Waterways sponsored trip....we received friendly, efficient service at all times and enjoyed the variety and generally excellent breakfast available on site.
The 7th floor no-smoking room was great, though lacked a scenic view, which in our case was immaterial since we were essentially only present in room to bathe and sleep. Bath/shower was good to excellent. In-room safe easy to use.
Overall, we recommend this hotel to any persons, except perhaps those who seek a 5* experience.

Room Tip: "No-smoking" room had no residua to suggest a smoker had previously used the room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear RandyT2011,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you and your wife for choosing InterContinental Prague during your stay in Prague with Avalon group. It is so great to read such nice words about our hotel especially regarding our friendly staff and efficient service – this is actually the most important focus for all of us. We are already now looking forward welcoming you or your friends back again during your next time in Prague. I wish you and your wife all the best and wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I wasn't wowed in general, great location within the centre of town, good service, nice rooms and comfortable beds... The highlight of my stay was breakfast, which was very very good! I like character within a property and this property is too corporate for me.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear mikelalv,
I would like to thank you and your friends for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. Your valuable comments are more than appreciated and will be my pleasure to pass especially your lovely breakfast feedback to our Executive Chef directly – thank you for sharing with us. We are looking forward welcoming you and your friends back at our property in the future, have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I recently spent the weekend in Prague and got a really good deal at this hotel. As mentioned by other reviews, the location is absolutely brilliant- only a very short walk to the Old Square and most of the main attractions are easily accessible on foot. The staff were generally friendly, the concierge desk staff in particular were extremely knowledgeable on the area and the room was very comfortable- made for great night's sleep! Buffet breakfast had plenty of options and was really fresh. Our favourite feature was the pool and sauna- the salt water pool is very refreshing and the sauna is a perfect way to kick off your day- made us feel very pampered. No real complaints, the only issue is lack of free wifi. For a hotel that caters for business people this is a must nowadays. Overall though a very pleasant stay!

1  Thank Ilovetravelling681

Dear Ilovetravelling681,
I would like to thank you and your husband for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us your lovely experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate your wonderful words about your overall satisfaction which is the best available award for all of us – thank you very much. We do have great location exactly in the centre of Prague everything is within walking distance. Great to read about our friendly staff, knowledgeable concierge, memorable breakfast and pool with salt water – that is really wonderful. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future when you choose again Prague as travel destination. Have a lovely weekend.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was told by a Taxi driver that this hotel was previously a Communist Office building under a former President back in the day. The exterior certainly isn't attractive and the backlights illuminating the InterContinental signage on the 'N' need replacing.

Check in was clumsy, despite few people at the desk checking in but the accommodation itself is very clean, spacious, well equipped but dated. The bed, pillows and sheeting were all excellent and very comfortable, which is what I needed for a 3 night stay here.

Located close to the fashionable designer shopping district with restaurants close by and the best equipped hotel gym I have seen in any hotel anywhere in the world, I would be inclined to forgive the building as the facilities are certainly very good indeed.

Breakfast, predictably served buffet style offered great choice and was perfectly good and although I didn't use the restaurant I am told this is popular and indeed was full on the Friday night.

It is not the Four Seasons but perfectly adequate for 3 days in this magical city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear WorldTravellerFirst,
I am taking this great opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague along with sharing with us your valuable comment. All your feedbacks are more than appreciated and we are more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially with our well equipped gym, cleanliness and our lovely breakfast. Thank you for pointing out the letter “N” – it has already been replaced based on our regular daily checks. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future during your next time in Prague.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Prefect hotel location, only ten mins walk to the main square. Our room was lovely, free wifi and a view over the river which was fantastic. Free use of pool and gym really added here. Really friendly staff. 5-10 minds walk to lots of bakeries, restaurants Anna bars in the Jewish quarter. I'd definitely come back.

Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Kirsty12345678910,
It is my pleasure to use this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. It is more than appreciated to read about 5 stars rating especially regarding friendly staff and fantastic room – great and thank you for sharing with us. We will look forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and make your stay again as much as memorable and enjoyable one. Thank you again and have a lovely day.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

The location is really excellent. Very close to the very impressive historic areas and impressive buildings. The hotel itself isn't pretty. The staff were friendly and helpful. Checkout was a little slow. The room was clean and comfortable. The main area for improvement is the breakfast. There was no table service which meant a long wait in a queue at a coffee machine - so unnecessary and frustrating. There were plenty of smiling staff but none seemed to notice, for example, a lack of bread knife where the "cut your own bread" was. The scrambled eggs were runny and anemic. The buffet choice was good and the food not bad but I'd recommend the manager visit a classy hotel in another city to see what business travellers are used to and expect.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear DJRBristol,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I have already passed your valuable comments to my responsible colleagues as any customer comments are more than appreciated. I am honestly more than happy to read the fact that our staff is friendly, helpful and what is the most important, smiling – this is exactly the most important feedback for us and actually the best available reward for all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back during your next time in Prague and please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further assistance requested or anything particular we can assist with.