InterContinental Prague
US$148
US$95
US$93
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$140
US$323
US$265
Preferred Hotels
US$71
2,819 results
All reviewsold town squarezlata prahagreat locationjewish quartercharles bridgethe club loungerooftop restaurantriver viewpillow menubit datedwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetastronomical clocktop floorthe main squarevery nice hotelbeautiful city
Reviewed 26 May 2014

As member of Ambassador Club we were upgrade to a suite and we had access to the loundge for our breakfast and drinks later on the day. This hotel is well located not far from center of Praha who is a beautiful city.

Room Tip: be Ambassador member
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear JACWCANADA,
I do appreciate your very positive feedback from your recent stay and thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice. We are looking forward welcoming you back and make your stay again as much as memorable and enjoyable – thank you.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Spent 5 nights there. Paid for a suite, which was adequate. Breakfast was adequate. Service was, I thought, better than adequate.

Rooms were old and tired. The blinds didn't close all the way; the pulls were bent and not maintained. There was nothing really good or really bad about it. For the price, I expect more. For half-the-price, I expect less. All relative I guess.

I thought the location was slightly inconvenient. A bit out of the hustle and bustle - but at the end of a very lovely street (the Rodeo Drive of Prague). Odds are, you're staying here because of a conference or cruise or because your company chose it. Not my first choice; but not my last either. It's adequate.

Their hotel car service is great, and very reasonable. Alternatively, when I checked out there were no hotel cars available and they called a "special" taxi for me.

I "bypassed" the waiting yellow taxis and was escorted to an unmarked silver station wagon. I should have suspected something when the guy pulled the cover over my bags in the back. He also pulled the taxi sign off his roof and put it in the trunk with my bags. He proceeded to circle the city in order to drive me less than 5km. I was too tired to argue; especially since I knew I was going to write about it on Tripadvisor later. I ended up spending twice what it should have cost ($20 instead of $10) on the taxi. The lesson here, is don't trust the bellmen. Take the hotel car and reserve early.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank amtann
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear amtann,
Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague during the month of May 2014 and spending in total 5 nights with us at our lovely city. I do appreciate your valuable feedback sharing with us directly and I am truly sorry for the fact you had to face this kind of particular issue in terms of transportation. I would kindly ask you and would be more than appreciated if you share with me more details regarding the transportation as this kind of experience does not reflect on our usual service and I will do my best to resolve it. Would you kindly share with me the particular destination, date and approximate time - I will investigate further. Your assistance in this matter is more than appreciated. Unfortunately I am not able to avoid these particular “taxi” drivers however I am able to arrange proper training for my staff. My email address is petr.vodicka@icprague.com. I do hope in despite of this experience you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will still have a chance welcoming you back at our property in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We returned to the InterContinental in Prague after a twenty year hiatus and found the hotel much the same in terms of comfort and location, both of which cannot be beat. It has been renovated (more than once I suspect) so that it can easily compete with the top hotels in the city. The rooftop Terrace restaurant is exceptional both for the food, service and view. The breakfast buffet is very good as well. The only black mark is Duke's Bar in the lobby--okay for a quick espresso or drink but for a complete meal, both food quality and service are the pits.That aside, we would certainly return here again should the occasion arrise.

Dear chaiminded,
It was our pleasure welcoming you back after 20 years along with the fact you have chosen our lovely property. There are certainly several areas which have been completely renovated, particularly breakfast restaurant, garage, facade and many other things, to improve our guest satisfaction which is actually the most important focus for all of us. Thank you for your valuable points which has already been shared within my colleagues directly and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.
With kind regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at the Intercontinental with my wife for 3 days and it was exceptional throughout. As an Ambassador member of IHG I was given the guaranteed upgrade and was given a suite room, which was excellent - spacious and well appointed. We decided to dine at the rooftop Zlata Praha restaurant on the first nice, which I have reviewed separately, but will say here that the whole restaurant experience was superb - the service was attentive and timely, and the food and wine were top quality. We enjoyed it so much, we dined there the second night.
The other amenities are good - the central lobby bar, spa and the breakfast dining room, most notably. The Breakfast selection was excellent and service again top notch.

The location is also excellent, right in the centre of Prague with everything only a short walk.
They offer a hotel car service to and from the airport, which is about 20 mins. It is very good value at about £30 from the airport and £20 back.

I am a fan of the Intercontinentals, and this exceeded out expectations. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a suite room.
1  Thank Leigh B
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Leigh B,
Let me please take this great opportunity to thank you and your wife for choosing InterContinental Prague and spending 3 days at our lovely property. Your detailed comments are more than appreciated and I have to honestly say that your lovely words are exactly the best available award for all of us. It is my utmost pleasure to share all your notes within my team as this gives us the best message and especially from loyalty IHG Reward customer. We are all here for you and will look forward welcoming you back in the future during your next time in Prague. Please let me know in advance during your next time in Prague.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I upgraded the room by joining IHG's Ambassador program ($200) to an executive corner suite which is the nicest of the normal suites. The living room and bedroom were both large. There seemed to be constant service in the room while we were out, so the bed was always made and things were always picked up. The bed is definitely an old school hard bed, but the pillows were very comfortable down pillows. Decor wise the room was definitely old school, and nothing worth remembering.

The spa is connected to the hotel and quite extensive. They have external membership so it's really more of a normal gym than a typical small hotel spa. The cardio and weight room is big and well supplied. There are yoga classes, and a pool and wet area. The massages are so, so depending on what you like and what you order. My experience is that you won't get deep tissue no matter what you ask for or tell the massage therapist during the massage.

The location is perfect for walking around old Prague and seeing the historic sights. There are lots of high end boutique shopping (Dior, Hermes, etc.) and good restaurants close by. The concierges can point out the best restaurants and were very helpful both times we used them.

The hotel breakfast was large and caters to diverse cultural tastes. The hotel bar offers great lunch/snack options. The tomato and onion soups, pizza and BLT paninis are particularly good. Prices at the hotel are a mixed bag, some seem quite high and others are very reasonable, so pay attention if cost is a factor.

The basic decor is old world. The lobby areas are nicely done. The exterior is maybe a 1950's/60's style. My suite had a rather old look about it, like it was last redecorated maybe 10 years ago in the hotel style popular back then.

The major plus for the hotel is the location, concierge, gym and the food. The minuses are the room decor, bed and some of the prices.

Dear CraigDallas,
Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague during the month of May 2014 and sharing with us your valuable comments directly via tripadvisor. I do appreciate your overall very positive and detailed personal experiences especially regarding concierge services, gym and the food – thank you so much. I am glad to read about your loyalty with IHG brand along with the fact that you have received all the confirmed benefits. Please if there is anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague, I will do my best to make your stay even more enjoyable and memorable one.