“Terrific location !!!”

Ranked #92 of 649 Hotels in Prague
New Delhi, India
“Terrific location !!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hotel location is great as it is just next to the Vltava river in Prague. Opposite to it is the tram station and from there, you can walk to the Old Town Square. View from the roof top restaurant is breath taking and overall I see this as a good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear AnujAggarwal,
I do appreciate your very positive feedback from your recent stay and thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice in May 2014. We are looking forward welcoming you back and make your stay again as much as memorable and enjoyable – thank you.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went here April with group from work for a 3 day trip. Great location, not too far to travel from airport. Great location near the river, shops and bars.
Friendly staff, great rooms with everything you need - even travel adaptor for my iphone charger which i alwasy forget!
Only ate breakfast here as we went out to all the local restaurants for main meals. Breakfast had wide selection to choose from.
Overall clean, welcoming hotel with everything you need.
Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear HunnyBunny2014,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during April 2014. Your detailed comments are more than appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read all of them, especially regarding friendly staff, breakfast selection and cleanliness. It is my utmost pleasure to share all your notes within my team as this gives us the best available message about our customer service oriented – thank you very much. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the future during your next time in Prague and wish you wonderful rest of the day.
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel is so close to everything...,within walking distance to almost everything. So close to the best shopping. The restaurant was amazing and had fabulous views at night. The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have good views......but are comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary07020
Dear Mary07020
Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback and for sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate and I am more than happy to read about satisfaction especially with our very helpful staff and amazing restaurant – thank you very much. Thank you for your stay and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the future at InterContinental Prague.
With kind regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel is old ,but maintained,staff is just okay,nothing more.Rooms are not very clean. They allowed to smoke in the hotel, which is not good,especially for the families with kids.There is no complementary water in the rooms.Food is good but no big choice.
Location is really good, in the center of Prague.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear lali8000,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Prague and I am truly sorry for the fact you were not feeling valued and appreciated. I would like to assure you that this kind of experiences do not reflect on our usual service and I do hope having a chance welcoming you back at our property in the future and prove to you our commitment. Regarding the smoking / non smoking issue please be informed that as of 1st June 2014 all our guest rooms will be no smoking only. Please if there is anything particular I can do for your during your next time in Prague do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a wonderful weekend.
With kind regards,
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a lovely hotel. The staff could not have been nicer. Friendly, competent and extremely keen to assist. The room was large and comfortable. I had a very nice sleep in this hotel. I've knocked one star off due to the road noise, which although I had been assured on a Sunday night would be minimal, was actually a presence. However, I did have a river view and that was most pleasant.

The breakfast was absolutely extraordinary!! Absolutely staggering choice. Again, beautiful, kind staff. I also had cause to eat in their cafe/bar which was terrific. The food and the service and a reasonable price.

I stayed in this hotel with a number of colleagues. We were all very, very happy with our stay and agreed we would be more than happy to stay here again.

It's well located in the centre of Prague. One note: (and this is in no way a reflection on the Intercontinental) but the Czech have different smoking laws to the rest of Europe allowing smoking indoors in certain areas. I found this extraordinary. However, I'm assured that their smoking laws are changing in the very near future. I find smoke repugnant and was quite shocked to see people smoking inside the hotel. This might be of particular interest to people travelling with children.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear tinyfury,
This the great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in May and reading all your lovely words about our hotel, especially regarding friendly staff and extraordinary breakfast – thank you for sharing with us directly. In terms of smoking / nonsmoking availability at our property, please be informed that as of 1st June 2014 we do not anymore any smoking guest rooms which for sure will be highly appreciated from our customers. If there is anything particular we can do for you during your next time in Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly. We are looking forward welcoming you or your friends back at InterContinental Prague in the near future.
QUEBEC, CANADA
Reviewed 26 May 2014

As member of Ambassador Club we were upgrade to a suite and we had access to the loundge for our breakfast and drinks later on the day. This hotel is well located not far from center of Praha who is a beautiful city.

Room Tip: be Ambassador member
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JACWCANADA,
I do appreciate your very positive feedback from your recent stay and thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice. We are looking forward welcoming you back and make your stay again as much as memorable and enjoyable – thank you.
Punta del Este, Uruguay
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Spent 5 nights there. Paid for a suite, which was adequate. Breakfast was adequate. Service was, I thought, better than adequate.

Rooms were old and tired. The blinds didn't close all the way; the pulls were bent and not maintained. There was nothing really good or really bad about it. For the price, I expect more. For half-the-price, I expect less. All relative I guess.

I thought the location was slightly inconvenient. A bit out of the hustle and bustle - but at the end of a very lovely street (the Rodeo Drive of Prague). Odds are, you're staying here because of a conference or cruise or because your company chose it. Not my first choice; but not my last either. It's adequate.

Their hotel car service is great, and very reasonable. Alternatively, when I checked out there were no hotel cars available and they called a "special" taxi for me.

I "bypassed" the waiting yellow taxis and was escorted to an unmarked silver station wagon. I should have suspected something when the guy pulled the cover over my bags in the back. He also pulled the taxi sign off his roof and put it in the trunk with my bags. He proceeded to circle the city in order to drive me less than 5km. I was too tired to argue; especially since I knew I was going to write about it on Tripadvisor later. I ended up spending twice what it should have cost ($20 instead of $10) on the taxi. The lesson here, is don't trust the bellmen. Take the hotel car and reserve early.

1 Thank amtann
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear amtann,
Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague during the month of May 2014 and spending in total 5 nights with us at our lovely city. I do appreciate your valuable feedback sharing with us directly and I am truly sorry for the fact you had to face this kind of particular issue in terms of transportation. I would kindly ask you and would be more than appreciated if you share with me more details regarding the transportation as this kind of experience does not reflect on our usual service and I will do my best to resolve it. Would you kindly share with me the particular destination, date and approximate time - I will investigate further. Your assistance in this matter is more than appreciated. Unfortunately I am not able to avoid these particular “taxi” drivers however I am able to arrange proper training for my staff. My email address is petr.vodicka@icprague.com. I do hope in despite of this experience you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will still have a chance welcoming you back at our property in the future.