“Location, concierge and large rooms!”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #91 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 5 June 2014

2 couples stayed 3 nights and would've given the hotel a 5 - except for the maid service...... left at 0900 and returned after a long day out at 15:30 to the maid just starting on our room - at that very moment, an English-speaking staff member announced that she was head of housekeeping on this floor and was everything wonderful?

We asked why our room wasn't made up earlier - and she looked at the maid, shrugged her shoulders and proclaimed, "She is new - very slow - she'll be done by 1600"...... Nice to see staff roll over on their underlings,

NO - she's done now I announced - give us new towels and make the bed and you're out! So the supervisor glared at the newbie, picked up a couple towels and begrudgingly helped her..... hope she wasn't fired....

The concierges were excellent especially with travel related issues. We took the public bus to Terezin - and they were spot on with advice - so too with trams and trains! Dining recommendations were also very good.....

I'd give it a 4.5......

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear lali8000,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent 3 nights stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us directly via Tripadvisor. I am truly sorry for the particular housekeeping experience and glad to read the fact that your request has been immediately and successfully resolved. I will pass your lovely words to my colleagues at concierge desk along with the fact you have enjoyed your trip to Terezin – very popular trip and thank you for letting us know your personal experiences. Thank you for pointing out your 4.5 rating and we will do our best to make 5 during your next time with us. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location was super as it was a lovely walk to the castle as well as all the other places mentioned before. We were as usual given a not very good room when we arrived even though we are on their top card level. Once we had changed room to a lovely bright room we were very happy. The one thing that shone out as far as service was concerned was the Concierge service especially Martin. He came up with the most superb restaurants for what we wanted every night. We did one casual and one smart and one near the opera. All three were superb and not at any of them did I feel that we had been sent to a clip joint. A big thank you to Martin for all his wonderful help and the lovely chat we had with him when it was late one night and no one was around.

Room Tip: Corner room was lovely especially with a view over the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear fussylady,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I am personally more than happy to read that you have been moved to the different room upon arrival where you felt much more comfortable as this is exactly our main focus, customer satisfaction – thank you for sharing with us directly. It is my pleasure to pass your thank you words to my Chief Concierge Martin who made your stay memorable and enjoyable one – it is so lovely. We are here all for you and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the future during your next time in Prague. Simply let us know in advance and any kind of concierge leisure time schedule could be prepared in advance according to your preferences. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hotel location is great as it is just next to the Vltava river in Prague. Opposite to it is the tram station and from there, you can walk to the Old Town Square. View from the roof top restaurant is breath taking and overall I see this as a good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear AnujAggarwal,
I do appreciate your very positive feedback from your recent stay and thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice in May 2014. We are looking forward welcoming you back and make your stay again as much as memorable and enjoyable – thank you.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went here April with group from work for a 3 day trip. Great location, not too far to travel from airport. Great location near the river, shops and bars.
Friendly staff, great rooms with everything you need - even travel adaptor for my iphone charger which i alwasy forget!
Only ate breakfast here as we went out to all the local restaurants for main meals. Breakfast had wide selection to choose from.
Overall clean, welcoming hotel with everything you need.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear HunnyBunny2014,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during April 2014. Your detailed comments are more than appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read all of them, especially regarding friendly staff, breakfast selection and cleanliness. It is my utmost pleasure to share all your notes within my team as this gives us the best available message about our customer service oriented – thank you very much. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the future during your next time in Prague and wish you wonderful rest of the day.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel is so close to everything...,within walking distance to almost everything. So close to the best shopping. The restaurant was amazing and had fabulous views at night. The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have good views......but are comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary07020

Dear Mary07020
Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback and for sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate and I am more than happy to read about satisfaction especially with our very helpful staff and amazing restaurant – thank you very much. Thank you for your stay and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the future at InterContinental Prague.
With kind regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel is old ,but maintained,staff is just okay,nothing more.Rooms are not very clean. They allowed to smoke in the hotel, which is not good,especially for the families with kids.There is no complementary water in the rooms.Food is good but no big choice.
Location is really good, in the center of Prague.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear lali8000,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Prague and I am truly sorry for the fact you were not feeling valued and appreciated. I would like to assure you that this kind of experiences do not reflect on our usual service and I do hope having a chance welcoming you back at our property in the future and prove to you our commitment. Regarding the smoking / non smoking issue please be informed that as of 1st June 2014 all our guest rooms will be no smoking only. Please if there is anything particular I can do for your during your next time in Prague do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a wonderful weekend.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a lovely hotel. The staff could not have been nicer. Friendly, competent and extremely keen to assist. The room was large and comfortable. I had a very nice sleep in this hotel. I've knocked one star off due to the road noise, which although I had been assured on a Sunday night would be minimal, was actually a presence. However, I did have a river view and that was most pleasant.

The breakfast was absolutely extraordinary!! Absolutely staggering choice. Again, beautiful, kind staff. I also had cause to eat in their cafe/bar which was terrific. The food and the service and a reasonable price.

I stayed in this hotel with a number of colleagues. We were all very, very happy with our stay and agreed we would be more than happy to stay here again.

It's well located in the centre of Prague. One note: (and this is in no way a reflection on the Intercontinental) but the Czech have different smoking laws to the rest of Europe allowing smoking indoors in certain areas. I found this extraordinary. However, I'm assured that their smoking laws are changing in the very near future. I find smoke repugnant and was quite shocked to see people smoking inside the hotel. This might be of particular interest to people travelling with children.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear tinyfury,
This the great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in May and reading all your lovely words about our hotel, especially regarding friendly staff and extraordinary breakfast – thank you for sharing with us directly. In terms of smoking / nonsmoking availability at our property, please be informed that as of 1st June 2014 we do not anymore any smoking guest rooms which for sure will be highly appreciated from our customers. If there is anything particular we can do for you during your next time in Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly. We are looking forward welcoming you or your friends back at InterContinental Prague in the near future.