“Beautiful hotel.”

Ranked #92 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Robertsbridge
“Beautiful hotel.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a wonderful location, but I didn't sleep well, probably due to my room looking out over the river and being therefore also above the road - I voiced my concern to the concierge whom assured me that the traffic noise dies down at night. Yes it did, but it also started up again at 5am. I personally would have preferred a 'lesser' room which was very quiet.

A great city, everyone should go.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mhairilawson,
Thank you for your time spending with us at InterContinental Prague during May 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences. Most of our hotel customers prefers having river view room / deluxe room category however I do understand your concern and please during your next time in Prague let us know directly your preferences and we will do our best to make your stay as much as memorable one. We are looking forward welcoming you back and if there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a wonderful day
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
VALLEJO
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent 5 days prior to a river cruise here. The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to most interesting sights. Old town, Charles bridge, etc. The staff was friendly and courteous and very helpful. The concierge Martin was excellent. His recommendations for restaurants etc were the best. The hotel restaurant has a great view with great food and service. The breakfast was ok, but by the 5th days of the same buffet, it was tiring The rooms were very clean. The furniture (executive suite) is not comfortable hard and stiff.(chair and couch) But the beds and pillows were excellent, and that's what really counts!. The hotel has no place to relax. Their idea of outdoor seating is 4 hard teak "lounge" chairs on the lawn outside the indoor pool (which is very humid and hot) which is also next to the busy street and LOUD street noise. The lobby is full of "stores" but no adequate seating areas. How about getting rid of some of the stores and put in a proper lobby area!!. They really need to work on that aspect. I would stay at this location again, but would also check out other hotels in the area, checking out the reviews on trip advisor of course.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Dg1ANDonly,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your 5 nights stay at InterContinental Prague during May 2014 with river cruise group. Your detailed comments are more than appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read them all especially regarding friendly and helpful staff (particularly Martin from Concierge). In terms of relax area we do have available very popular room located above the swimming pool - it is a shame you were not able to use it. We do hope having an opportunity welcoming you back at our property so please do not hesitate to contact me personally during your next time stay – will be my pleasure to show you relax room. Please let me know directly if there is anything I can do for you – I will every time do my best to make my guests as much as possible satisfied.
Romania
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very average hotel located in a very good area. The furniture is old, the breakfast is poor...For the price they charge the hotel doesnt have a competitive offer. I liked the spa area at this hotel and the location who is realy great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank KAL68
Dear KAL68
Thank you for your time spending with us at InterContinental Prague during January 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences. We still do hope having a chance welcoming you back at our property during your next time in Prague to make your stay much more memorable one. Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Bath, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the IC Prague as a pre-extension to our Viking river cruise. Check-in was quick and staff were welcoming. As a Priority Club member we were offered a river view room which was excellent. Breakfast each day is buffet style with both hot and cold including an omelete station. Service was good and the food met expectations. The hotel is well located in the Jewish Quarter, a 5 minute walk from thr Old Town Square along the fashionable Parizien Street. There was a slight misunderstanding with the complimentary internet service for Priotity Club members however at checkout it was quickly resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view from which you can watch the cruise boats pass as well as Prague Castle.
Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lloyd F
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Lloyd F,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during June 2014. Your detailed comments are more than appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read all of them. It is great to hear that as IHG Reward member you have received lovely room which is every time upon availability however we are doing our best to keep our customers happy. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the future during your next time in Prague. Have a wonderful rest of the day
Whitstable, Kent
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hi, I would just like to say that we stayed in this hotel April 2013, 1st time in Prague and loved it, Front desk staff where VERY helpful and the hotel was spotless, clean and well presented. We will definatley be returning in 2015 for another short break stay, Petr the manager answered all our questions before we travelled due to us reading bad reviews on here, he put us at ease and reassured us that we would not be disappointed... that we wasnt !!!
Looking forward to return here next year.

Room Tip: River View was very nice
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Olyfat
Dear Olyfat,
I would like to personaly thank you for your lovely words about our property and I do appreciate the fact you have shared your perssobnal experiences with us via tripadvisor. I am already now looking forward welcoming you back in 2015 so simply let me know in advance again, will take care about you. It was my/our pleasure to make your stay at InterContinental Prague as much as memorable and enjoyable one – thank you for that.
With kind regards,
Chicago
Reviewed 5 June 2014

2 couples stayed 3 nights and would've given the hotel a 5 - except for the maid service...... left at 0900 and returned after a long day out at 15:30 to the maid just starting on our room - at that very moment, an English-speaking staff member announced that she was head of housekeeping on this floor and was everything wonderful?

We asked why our room wasn't made up earlier - and she looked at the maid, shrugged her shoulders and proclaimed, "She is new - very slow - she'll be done by 1600"...... Nice to see staff roll over on their underlings,

NO - she's done now I announced - give us new towels and make the bed and you're out! So the supervisor glared at the newbie, picked up a couple towels and begrudgingly helped her..... hope she wasn't fired....

The concierges were excellent especially with travel related issues. We took the public bus to Terezin - and they were spot on with advice - so too with trams and trains! Dining recommendations were also very good.....

I'd give it a 4.5......

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear lali8000,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent 3 nights stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us directly via Tripadvisor. I am truly sorry for the particular housekeeping experience and glad to read the fact that your request has been immediately and successfully resolved. I will pass your lovely words to my colleagues at concierge desk along with the fact you have enjoyed your trip to Terezin – very popular trip and thank you for letting us know your personal experiences. Thank you for pointing out your 4.5 rating and we will do our best to make 5 during your next time with us. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.
With kind regards,
London
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location was super as it was a lovely walk to the castle as well as all the other places mentioned before. We were as usual given a not very good room when we arrived even though we are on their top card level. Once we had changed room to a lovely bright room we were very happy. The one thing that shone out as far as service was concerned was the Concierge service especially Martin. He came up with the most superb restaurants for what we wanted every night. We did one casual and one smart and one near the opera. All three were superb and not at any of them did I feel that we had been sent to a clip joint. A big thank you to Martin for all his wonderful help and the lovely chat we had with him when it was late one night and no one was around.

Room Tip: Corner room was lovely especially with a view over the river.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear fussylady,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I am personally more than happy to read that you have been moved to the different room upon arrival where you felt much more comfortable as this is exactly our main focus, customer satisfaction – thank you for sharing with us directly. It is my pleasure to pass your thank you words to my Chief Concierge Martin who made your stay memorable and enjoyable one – it is so lovely. We are here all for you and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the future during your next time in Prague. Simply let us know in advance and any kind of concierge leisure time schedule could be prepared in advance according to your preferences. Have a wonderful day.