“Wonderful Holiday”

Ranked #93 of 649 Hotels in Prague
aldergrove
“Wonderful Holiday”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here at the end of our river cruise,and were not disappointed. The hotel is lovely we had great service from all the staff. Breakfast buffet was very good lots of selection. Rooms were clean and the bedding wonderful. The hotel is within walking distance to Old Town and other attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cznana
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear cznana,
Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback and for sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate and I am more than happy to read about satisfaction especially with our very helpful staff, cleanliness and wonderful breakfast – thank you very much. Thank you for your stay and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the future at InterContinental Prague.
With kind regards
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Intercontinental, Prague. It's in a great location with all major attractions within easy walking distance. The staff was helpful although not overly friendly. Breakfast was good and rooms were decent.

To us the location and ease that we could get to everything was key. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear wordlytraveler95,
This is great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in May and reading about your overall stay – thank you for your recommendation. If there is anything particular we can do for you during your next time in Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly. We are looking forward welcoming you back.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Old Soviet style architecture, very dated. Clean and well maintained. Breakfast has everything, even including traditional Chinese breakfast choices. Room on third floor facing Old Town was quiet, well appointed and a good size. Linen was exquisite. Lovely duvets and pillows. Staff was friendly. Housekeeping was somewhat intrusive. Room had coffee making facility, safe and fridge (A hotel of this caliber should really supply more than one instant coffee packet per day). Best location in town. Accessible to all the attractions. Public transport is nearby. A good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Zzakey S,
This is great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague (1974) and reading about your overall stay – thank you for sharing with us directly. Your positive words are more than appreciated and I am personally glad to read all of them especially regarding friendly staff, cleanliness and overall breakfast. If there is anything particular we can do for you during your next time in Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly. We do hope having a chance welcoming you back.
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Friendly staff greet you as you sign in to this hotel. It is well located within walking distance of the Old Town Square and many other historic sites.
The hotel itself offers good rooms and good food. The breakfast buffet is very good. We went out for our other meals as there were many good places to eat in the area.
It pays to set yourself up for a guided tour of the city. The hotel arranged a guide for us and we took a morning walking tour that oriented us and then went back to see the sites that we wanted to spend more time visiting. There is much to see within easy walking distance.
Altogether this hotel offers everything at a reasonable price. Rooms are good, food is good and service is very good.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good. We were with a group and nobody had any complaints.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DT1254
Dear DT1254,
Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback and for sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate and I am more than happy to read about satisfaction especially with our very helpful staff, memorable location and very good breakfast – thank you very much. Thank you for your stay and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the future at InterContinental Prague.
With kind regards
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I generally really like Intercontinentals - but lately I've been having disappointment with them and this property was just sub-par.

The location is superb. Right near lots of all the sites. The facility is in pretty good shape - looks like fairly new sofas and drapes in the rooms - room size was good.

The problem is the staff. From conceirge to doorman - no one is helpful. I waitied for 15 minutes at an empty desk one evening looking for someone to get me a new key. They really wouldn't help with restaurant reservations - we had to call ourselves. Housekeeping walked into my room several times without evening knocking. The wait when you call the front desk or "one touch service" is ETERNAL consistently - no one picks up the phone.

Airconditioner in room wasn't working well. I had to call maintenace and they checked twice but it never resolved.

There are a ton of nice hotels in Prague. Clean - simple and substantially better priced. I wouldn't waste the money or the time here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank mmmmlol
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear mmmmlol,
I am taking this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us directly via Tripadvisor. It is disturbing to read about your disappointments and I am truly sorry for the fat you were not feeling valued and appreciated. I would kindly ask you forwarding me directly more detailed information about your stay, particularly date of stay and room number as I insist to investigate deeply in this case. I would like to assure you that, as you can see in other past feedbacks, this kind of experience does not reflect on our usual service and I will do my best to avoid any similar scenarios occur to our customers in the future. I am nearly sure that after you forward me detailed follow up I will get as much as possible information which gives me more chance for further steps and actions which will be shared with you along with proper explanation. I still do hope having a chance welcoming you back at our InterContinental Prague in the future and prove to you our commitment. I am looking forward to your early replay – petr.vodicka@icprague.com. Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime during your next time in Prague.
With kind regards,
Robertsbridge
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a wonderful location, but I didn't sleep well, probably due to my room looking out over the river and being therefore also above the road - I voiced my concern to the concierge whom assured me that the traffic noise dies down at night. Yes it did, but it also started up again at 5am. I personally would have preferred a 'lesser' room which was very quiet.

A great city, everyone should go.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mhairilawson,
Thank you for your time spending with us at InterContinental Prague during May 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences. Most of our hotel customers prefers having river view room / deluxe room category however I do understand your concern and please during your next time in Prague let us know directly your preferences and we will do our best to make your stay as much as memorable one. We are looking forward welcoming you back and if there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a wonderful day
VALLEJO
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent 5 days prior to a river cruise here. The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to most interesting sights. Old town, Charles bridge, etc. The staff was friendly and courteous and very helpful. The concierge Martin was excellent. His recommendations for restaurants etc were the best. The hotel restaurant has a great view with great food and service. The breakfast was ok, but by the 5th days of the same buffet, it was tiring The rooms were very clean. The furniture (executive suite) is not comfortable hard and stiff.(chair and couch) But the beds and pillows were excellent, and that's what really counts!. The hotel has no place to relax. Their idea of outdoor seating is 4 hard teak "lounge" chairs on the lawn outside the indoor pool (which is very humid and hot) which is also next to the busy street and LOUD street noise. The lobby is full of "stores" but no adequate seating areas. How about getting rid of some of the stores and put in a proper lobby area!!. They really need to work on that aspect. I would stay at this location again, but would also check out other hotels in the area, checking out the reviews on trip advisor of course.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Dg1ANDonly,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your 5 nights stay at InterContinental Prague during May 2014 with river cruise group. Your detailed comments are more than appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read them all especially regarding friendly and helpful staff (particularly Martin from Concierge). In terms of relax area we do have available very popular room located above the swimming pool - it is a shame you were not able to use it. We do hope having an opportunity welcoming you back at our property so please do not hesitate to contact me personally during your next time stay – will be my pleasure to show you relax room. Please let me know directly if there is anything I can do for you – I will every time do my best to make my guests as much as possible satisfied.