“Prague Intercontinental Hotel”

Ranked #90 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“Prague Intercontinental Hotel”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The location was perfect for touring the hot spots in Prague. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were well appointed and large. The included continental breakfast was served during the entire morning and had something for everyone. Beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: I doubt that there is a bad room in this hotel. We could not hear noise from the outside.
1 Thank Kim A
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Kim A,
Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback and for sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. We are already now forward welcoming you back in the future at InterContinental Prague.
With kind regards
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel is well located only about 10 minutes easy walk from the Charles Bridge, 15 minutes to the old town square and 25 minutes to the Castle. Service is excellent as you would probably expect from the Intercontinental brand. We ere upgraded to a very nice corner room with a free bottle of wine on arrival. Although the room did look a little tired, it was clean and confortable and relatively quite for the center of the city.

My only issue is that this hotel is used extensively as a river cruise stop hotel, we were lucky our arrival didn’t coincide with two or three coach loads of river cruise holiday makers, on one occasion the check in queue was out of the front door of the hotel and must have had at least 70 people in it! It’s a small issue until it comes to breakfast again I would find out what time the cruise parties do their tours and have their breakfast. We only had breakfast in the hotel once, it was a ‘bun fight’ with 100 cruisers all trying to eat quickly so they could get on with their tours. WE hadn’t booked breakfast when we reserved so I thought 30 Euros a bit steep, when within 10 minutes you can find restaurants who will give you a full English breakfast for less that 15 Euros!

Don’t let this put you off, we enjoyed our time here, just need to be aware of the impact of a lot of people trying to do the same thing at the same time!

Dear PaulDavison,
Thank you and your wife for your time spending with us, choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice during June 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences. We were proud having you here with us and glad to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding excellent service – we do appreciate it so much. I do apologize for any inconveniences and discomfort caused to you regarding the group check in experience and thank you for your understanding – we are so happy to read you have enjoyed your time with us. We are looking forward welcoming you back and if there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly. Have a wonderful week.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Amazing location. Right near the Jewish Quarter, you can walk to almost anywhere from here. Rooms are small but you aren't in your room for that much. The breakfast buffet was good but $30 each! The best part of the hotel was the concierge... they were extremely extremely helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Michael M
This is great opportunity to thank you and your friends for the stay at InterContinental Prague in June and reading about your overall stay – thank you for your lovely words especially regarding our helpful concierge staff – I have already passed your lovely comment. If there is anything particular we can do for you during your next time in Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly. We are looking forward welcoming you back.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location. Right on the river and a short walk to the Old Town Square. Lots of interesting shops and restaurants very convenient to the hotel. The rooms are very nice, but not huge. It appears to be an older hotel that has been upgraded nicely. The staff was friendly and spoke good English. As with most upscale hotels, don't eat or drink there. The cost was so much more than a local restaurant just a block from the hotel. Prague is a very inexpensive city to eat and drink compared to most European cities, so paying $7 for a beer at the hotel vice $2-3 down the street doesn't make sense. The breakfast buffet was good and had lots of options. Our room was directly over the main entrance on the 2nd floor. It had a great view of the small square, but we could hear car doors closing alot, so I would recommend you get a higher floor or better yet, get one that overlooks the river. The fitness center is quite large and has all the new equipment. They even have a heated indoor pool and hot tub.

Dear Lesley A,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during June 2014. Your detailed comments are more than appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read especially about our friendly and good English speaking staff. We are constantly focusing on upgrades, particularly our renovated breakfast restaurant, garage and overall façade of entire building, as satisfaction of our hotel guest is one of the most important factors for all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property and please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I had booked the Intercontinental for a few days prior to boarding an Avalon River Cruise down the Danube. We had come by train from Berlin and were met at the station by a driver from the Intercontinental and were whisked away directly to the hotel. The hotel staff and services could not have been nicer, friendlier, and more helpful for our entire stay. The room was spacious and clean; we used the exercise room everyday (and I must say that it rivals most health clubs for equipment and machines); and the pool and hot tub area was spectacular. I would not hesitate to stay in any Intercontinental hotel throughout Europe, if this was indicative of their hotels and quality. Their location in Prague is right in the major districts, be it for business or vacation. Plus, how does not one love the city of Prague?

2 Thank Tom R
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Tom R
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you and your wife for your stay at InterContinental Prague during June 2014 with Avalon river cruise group. Your detailed comments are more than appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read them all especially regarding friendly and helpful staff. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property so please do not hesitate to contact me personally during your next time in Prague to make your stay again as much as possible memorable and enjoyable one.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I’m not one to often write reviews....I believe my last was over 10 years ago. However, I just completed a week long stay at the InterContinental in Prague to attend my daughter's graduation and I feel compelled to share my thoughts so others might enjoy the company-wide exceptional accommodations and service my family enjoyed. The friendliness and attentiveness of every staff member we encountered was exceptional. On our first night we received the warmest of greetings from the Front Desk Staff, and then thoroughly enjoyed an evening (and many more) in the company of the professional, efficient and friendly Pavel, Petr and Renata at the Dukes bar. Every morning we started our day at the beautifully appointed InterContinental Club on the 8th floor and were spoiled by the gracious and professional Irena and her staff at the Intercontinental Club. These people take their jobs seriously and really love what they do....it shows. Thank you to all. In addition to wonderful people the facility is magnificent.....clean, modern, comfortable, breathtaking views, good food, and convenient. The only place we'll stay in Prague.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jake S
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Jake S,
I would like to personally thank you for your lovely words about our property and I do appreciate the fact you have shared your personal experiences with us via tripadvisor. Your honest words about our service are more than appreciated and I am glad to read all of them – thank you so much. I have already shared all of them within my team as this kind of feedback is the best available award for all of us. I am already now looking forward welcoming you back during your next time in Prague - simply let me know in advance and we will take care about you personally. It was my/our pleasure to make your stay at InterContinental Prague as much as memorable and enjoyable one – thank you for that.
With kind regards,
Delhi, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Bestest in prague. ..may not be as plush as other intercontinental properties but I think it matches old world charm of prague. ..very warm and helpful staff...best location in prague...will definitely come back ...thanks so much for the lovely holiday

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank akasho
Dear akasho,
This is great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in June and reading about your overall stay – thank you for your lovely words especially regarding our helpful staff. If there is anything particular we can do for you during your next time in Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly. We are looking forward welcoming you back.