“LOVED this hotel! Great location, service, and price”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #100 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while in town for Business. It was ideally located - walking distance to almost all of the spots I wanted to visit. The hotel bar on the roof was an excellent way to end the day while still taking in the city.

The room was large, clean and well decorated. The bathroom was clean and spacious (especially for European standards). The morning breakfast buffet had a great assortment of choices and the wait staff was attentive and on top of cleaning up tables.

The only reason the hotel did NOT get an Excellent is the WIFI. I cannot imagine why this hotel does not offer FREE WIFI 24/7. It was expensive and slow.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nelle_1234
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Nelle_123…,
Thank you for recent stay at InterContinental Prague during the month of July 2014 and spending few days with us at our lovely city. I do appreciate your valuable feedbacks sharing with us directly and I am personally pleased reading about our excellent roof top restaurant, large rooms, cleanliness and great breakfast – thank you very much. I do apologise for inconveniencies caused to you regarding the internet connection and I will double check with our IT manager immediately. Please be informed that we do certainly have complimentary Wifi Internet standard speed connection 24/7 and each login is available for 24 hours. In despite of this particular experience we do hope having a chance welcoming you back again at our property during your next time in Prague.
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,731)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great facility located in the heart of the tourist district. District 1 is a huge geographic area and the Intercontinental is close to everything a visitor wants to see and experience. A good example of the Intercontinental brand, which is excellent, but it also caters to large tours.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 2nd floor; you get a lovely view of the first floor roof.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greymoor
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Greymoor,
Thank you and your partner for recent stay at InterContinental Prague during the month of July 2014 and spending few days with us at our lovely city. I do appreciate your valuable feedbacks sharing with us directly and I am personally pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are so proud on reading such lovely words and we are looking forward welcoming you back again during your next time in Prague.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My partner and I are currently staying at this hotel, and are pleased with it.
Its most important attribute, perhaps, is its location--within a very short walk of many of the city's sights.
The room, and the hotel in general, is very clean, and the air conditioning in the room works great.
On the downside, I did find some sort of crawling insect in the room.
Also, while we have a nice, comfortable king bed, for some inexplicable reason we have two single size duvets instead of one king size duvet.
Would we stay here again? Probably.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jonathan…,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you and your partner for your current stay at InterContinental Prague, I do appreciate the fact that you are sharing your personal experiences even during your stay which is great. Your detailed comments are so much appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read especially about our location and cleanliness. We do have two duvets available according to our guests preferences however would be our utmost pleasure having prepared only one either in advance or during your stay directly. We are all here for you, so please let us know in advance and will be our utmost pleasure arranging your stay as much as memorable and enjoyable one. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a soviet era hotel, so architecturally there is only so much lipstick you can put on this pig. Having said that, I would stay nowhere else in Prague. Their concierge desk is beyond belief, including getting us tickets for New Year's Day orchestra concert, which is sold out well in advance and arranging for a doc house call for $200. Restaurant is very good. Small rooms are more than compensated for by excellent service and great location. J

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank r00per

Dear r00per,
I would like to personally thank you for your lovely words about our service and I do appreciate the fact you have shared your personal experiences with us via tripadvisor. Your honest words about our property are more than appreciated especially regarding concierge staff, restaurant and great location – thank you. We are looking forward having opportunity welcoming you back at our property during your next time in Prague.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

You know how hard it is to go to Prague and not stay in a historic site with a beautiful façade? The entire city is gorgeous. But not this hotel... this hotel does not have any curb appeal... nope, not at all. I believe is one of three communist era hotels which means is a big functional box, which stands up as a sore thumb when compared to the gorgeous buildings that surround it. Does that matter? Nope, not at all. The amenities and the location cannot be beat. Let me count the ways:

1) The location is fantastic. 2-3 blocks from the square, 1 block from the Jewish quarter, 1.5 blocks from the most awesome gelato in all of Prague and 1 block from La Veranda... a gem of a restaurant that should not be missed.
2) The rooms. Roomy, comfortable, good A/C, good bathroom.
3) Hotel amenities: salt water indoor pool in a solarium. Do I need to say more?
4) Gym: this hotel has reserved an entire floor to the pool, gym and exercise rooms. Awesome equipment, great service, and free Nespresso.

This is a good, solid hotel. It may not be the prettiest girl in the party but you will get a ton out of the fantastic location and the amenities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear karlushka,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you and your family for your stay at InterContinental Prague during July 2014. Your detailed comments are so much appreciated and I am personally more than happy to read such lovely ones especially regarding our location, comfortable room and Health Club and Spa facilities – it is so great and thank you for sharing with us. This kind of message sharing with us gives us the best available award for all of us as satisfaction of our customers is actually one of the most important focuses. We are all here for you, so please let us know in advance and will be our utmost pleasure arranging your stay again as much as memorable and enjoyable one. Have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted and our room were ready although we had arrived early. The staff was very helpful. The best breakfast we had during our trip through France, Germany and The Czech Republic.Location could not have been better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Don D

Dear Don D,
I am not able to say more than – great and lovely. I am so happy and glad to read such a positive feedback and even more, to read about your personal experiences - be better than other hotels in Europe. This is something which gives us the best available award for all of us and I do personally appreciate you sharing with us directly. I would like to express my big thanks to you and your family for recent stay at InterContinental Prague and we already now looking forward welcoming all of you back at our property in the future during your return trip to Prague.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent location. Lovely hotel.
Walking distance to all atracions.
Room was comfortable. Breakfast - great.
Service - excellent.
Good value for our money.
My only reservation - Wi Fi free only for 15 minutes. After that - payable.
Did not expect to pay for it in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 270Adi2014

Dear 270Adi201...,
Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback and for sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. We are so proud to read such comments especially regarding excellent service, great breakfast and comfortable room – thank you. I am actually surprised from your point in terms of free Wifi standard speed connection as we have already changed the time length for 24 hours in June 2014. Please let me know directly the room number you have stayed in and I will double check with my IT Manager immediately. I am glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the future at InterContinental Prague.
With kind regards