“Prague, nice to see you again...”

Jalta Boutique Hotel
Ranked #113 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 16 September 2013

stayed at the jalta for a long weekend with my partner and a couple of our friends, the room we had was very spacious with a great view of wenceslas square, my only quibble would be the balcony was a tad on the small size, other rooms had larger balconies, guess thats just the luck of the draw, other than that a lovely stay,the staff were more than happy to help, friendly and polite, even met a guy from the uk working there, you can also get tickets for the hp on hop off bus tour round the city from the hotel which includes a trip on the river, all in all a pleasant stay in a beautiful city and it wont be my last thats for sure......

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MrB1963
Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I go to Prague quite often as it is not too far away, and I always love my stays in the city as there is just so much to do.
This time I opted for a different Hotel as my normal one was fully booked. I have to say I was not disappointed with what I got.
Firstly the whole booking service was fantastic, shortly after I booked I was contacted by Paul the concierge checking on my special requests as I was going for a special Birthday treat, and this went perfectly. Then upon check in, the valet parking and the hotel services provided by a young gentleman call Thomas (excuse me if I use the incorrect spelling there) was excellent, with parking and returning my car, and also with the assistance with the baggage.
The room was overlooking the square, and was very clean, comfortable and spacious. Yes you may hear something’s going on outside, however you are in one of the busiest streets in the city, but I still managed to sleep like a baby (and I do not mean waking up every couple of hours for a feed)…
Breakfast was a good selection and enjoyable.
In short if you might like a city hotel in the centre, I would say take a look at booking the Jalta, for sure I will use their services again in the future.

My only issue which I had was with regards to the package that I selected, which included a 3 course meal at the adjoining restaurant Como. This was not a very pleasant experience at all, especially as it was on the day of the birthday celebrations (the whole reason we go to Prague each year now). But these comments I reserve for the actual restaurant review.

Do not let that last comment change your view on where to stay though, this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Take one with a view over the square...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarlB1972
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I visited the Jalta in August n business; it's perfectly located for me as my offices are in and around Wenceslas Square.
Though I have visited Prague many times, I have never stayed at Jalta.
I thought the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and well appointed.
Overall a very good hotel and I will be visiting there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 11 September 2013

It is an historical building, in a very good location and very clean. The towels in my room had holes and they were torn apart, never seen in any hotel I stayed before.To be honest, I wouldn't call this as a boutique hotel but still the location is great and the rooms are clean, staff is friendly. They have one of my favorite brands as amenities, just loved that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel is very well placed for a stay in Prague. It is near enough to all the sights, shops and restaurants. Although it is on the Main Street we found it quiet on an evening. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice, we were not tempted by the pool area or gym. We looked at the spa/treatments area and were not impressed. Some of the guests were a little noisy, I suppose that is what you can get if you are in the middle of a lively city.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Lovely, in a perfect spot. Lots of interesting shopping and restaurants nearby, as well as cultural places to see.
Room accommodations are pleasant and roomy. Restaurant is very good! Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank geedge
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Nice hotel, friendly people, good location, clean, and good breakfast to start your day, walking distance to most of the city attractions.. just book street facing rooms! There are lots of restaurants near by.. another plus, booking directly with the hotel gets you complementary transportation.

Room Tip: Book room facing the street for good view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family