Prague Marriott Hotel
US$301
US$203
Official Site
2,380 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat locationbourbon barold townriver cruisebusiness centercharles bridgewalking distancemunicipal housefitness centerrepublic squareper daylobby barexcellent hoteltrain stationrooms are largemajor attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2012

If you are on business and looking for a safe bet in Prague, the Marriott is a good choice.

It is what you'd expect from an international Marriott -- clean, well-equipped, professional staff, and decent breakfast buffet. If fact, I would not be able to pick many things that are different from most other Marriotts -- down to the curved shower curtain rack. Plus, I like the fact that there are plenty of towels no matter how many people are checking in for the room -- unlike most local European hotels that stock the bathroom set according the the number of people in the room -- even though I rarely used them more than just one set.

So it is all good, except...if you want to soak in the fact that you're in Prague and stay in a hotel that offers more character, this would not be it. Again, the Marriott is well...very standard. It has a steak restaurant in the lobby!

I was on business this time, which is why I picked the Marriott. And I had been in Prague with my family before and we stayed in a different hotel near the Charles bridge. And if I'm back in Prague, I'd do exactly the same -- Marriott for business (because I just want a clean place with consistent service and facilities) and the other one for family (because it is a lot more authentic, personal, romantic).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay K
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Location and Amenities were very good. An otherwise very positive stay was ruined by an outrageous phone bill. Had to make an emergency business call (about 100 min) and rate was $700 USD. Hotel reduced a bit but overall felt like robbery. Felt this was very poor service and hotel should warn people if they are going to charge those rates same as they do the minibar.

Room Tip: Don't touch the phone!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank David H
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Located In a central and quiet street hotel is a very well located. You can practically visit Prague by foot.
Modern, clean and efficient as expected from a hotel form Marriot chain. We choose to Upgrade to the option whith lounge included. It was a good choise.. Canapes at night were good as well as breakfast that could be taken also at the main restaurant.
Althougnt it was a very pleasant and confortable stay, I think next time in Prague I would search for a hotel with a different athmosphere.. I mean, less anonimous ( like any other Marriot in the world) woth more Chech atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ceciliacastelli
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This was our first trip to Prague and we enjoyed it a lot! The hotel was an added bonus to making our trip special. We took a local shuttle which let us off at the train station. It was a bit of an adventure. Not easy to find the hotel from the train station but it was in walking distance about 15-20 min. We had to ask directions a couple times and walk with our luggage thru the cobblestone sidewalks but overall it was a good cost savings. We walked past the hotel street by mistake and walked quite a distance out of the way but we finally made it and realized that we could have spotted the hotel easier if we had been a bit more attentive to the side streets and looking up to see the hotel signs near the mall. Checkin was easy and pleasant. We are gold so we were kindly upgraded to a room on the executive floor near the concierge lounge. It was very nice and standard Marriott room as expected for international location. Very clean and modern but not quite as large as the rooms in the U.S. The concierge lounge was great and had an upstairs and downstairs room which made it quite spacious and nice. The food was good and nice variety and my husband was happy that the alcohol was even free. This was nice to be able to have a drink or two on the house especially since he doesn't drink wine. The staff in the lounge was especially nice and helpful as was the front desk and housekeeping staff and concierge desk. The hotel gym was very nice too! The location is the best of all since it is right near Old Town and many of the happenings. Great great location! When we went back to the hotel we didn't dare try to walk back to the train station and wait for a shuttle (not sure if a shuttle actually comes on a schedule or not and it's actually upstairs on the main street from the train station). We talked to the concierge who gave us options for transportation and was also kind enough to respond with helpful details when we inquired about the Checz Airline airport shuttle (Cedaz might be the name of the shuttle) which has a stop right across the street from the hotel at a reasonable price. That was the best tip that I got from other travelers which saved us a bundle on getting back to the airport! Thanks fellow travellers.
Overall, we loved this Marriott and will be back! Oh, we used points for this trip and it was quite a few points to stay here but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FayeCincinnati
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The Marriott Prague is well situated in the center of Prague within walking distance of everything one would wish to see. I had decided to stay an extra night at a sister group hotel, which was full. They arranged my move to the Marriott Prague, which promptly upgraded me and offered a lower rate for my inconvenience. The property represented the Marriott Brand well with all aspects one would expect from them. The Breakfast buffet was of a high standard and the staff helpful and friendly. I drove, so having the valet service and garage parking was a big plus as well. Would highly recommend both this and its sister group property the Boscolo Prague,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple