“Wonderful Hotel”

Prague Marriott Hotel
Ranked #84 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel was 1 of the best Marriott s that We have stayed in, The staff was amazing...Beata Ban who was on concierge floor was extremely helpful during our stay. I would recommend this hotel for your stay in Prague. The location,amenities, and staff were all the best. We had a wonderful time in Prague because of this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking @ key bridge, beautiful day or night. Alicia at front desk was all ways smili...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dennis c

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights prior to a Viking River Cruise. The hotel is located within an easy walk to Old Town and to Wenceslas Square. The room was clean and well laid out. The staff was friendly and helpful. The desk personnel made recommended very good restaurants and offered to make reservations. They also were able to exchange Euros for Korunas and charged no transaction fees.

Room Tip: Be sure to take advantage of the hotel's Concierge services. They are knowledgeable and very hel...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Other than the location, which wasn't the best, (not by the river) the hotel was very good! Very comfortable linens, friendly staff, excellent concierge. Very good breakfast. Service was a bit hit or miss: sometimes we got turn-down service, sometimes we didn't. Sometimes we got the weather for the next day, sometimes we didn't.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Points that need improvement:
*I found the room a bit bland and old-fashioned.
*I found it difficult to handle the airco. It was somehow always too cold and when it was finally warm enough the cleaning ladies changed the temperature again back to freezing. Probably they are instructed to do so but it took too long for the temp to go up again to a comfortable level.
*I like the fact that there is a swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym but unfortunately it gets very crowded because they are also used by non-guests. I had the impression most people came around noon on the weekdays (maybe people who work in the area using the gym on their lunch-breaks?). Less people early morning. Same for the pool which is quite small.
*Bathtub is quite small if you prefer a bath over a shower

Positive:
*Rooms are very clean
*Rooms are spacious compared to other hotel I stayed 2 years ago
*Perfect location near old town and shopping area
*Very very comfortable bed
*The water pressure in the shower is very good. It's one of the best showers I've ever had in a hotel.
*I still enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi and gym despite of the fact that there are so many people.

Room Tip: Avoid gym and pool at noon on weekdays
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The best experience ever with Marriott. Checked in with Alicia who was extra ordinary nice with all the orientation with the hotel and Prague old town. The following day till the check out she was nice. We also talked with Luke who was also great.

Jitka in the lounge was also very entertaining. Everybody was kind in the hotel.

When we went out everyone was so nice too. I don't know if it is just bec if Prague.

We should be going back to this hotel soon.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Gurkhaz
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From Prague airport Terminal 1 I took the " CEDAZ " shuttle bus which dropped me off exactly opposite the Marriott Hotel on V Celnici 8, make sure you tell the driver which Marriot you want to go to because there are three Marriott Hotels in Prague! I found the entrance to my hotel was a bit 'set back' not so impressive , it didn't sort of 'stand out'. That impression changes once you set foot inside, off to the right you'll find the reception/concierge desks, straight on is the bar/lounge and to the left the dinning room. Check-in went smooth and uncomplicated, staff helpful, friendly and smiling. I had a room on the 5th floor, spacious , very clean and tidy , with all the mod cons i.e. built in safe, complimentary tea/coffee, mini bar etc. The breakfast buffet offered an excellent choice, a chef was there to cook omellets/fried eggs on demand and the coffee was not weak/thin! The location in smack in the middle of the Old Town, great to get to many of the old sites that we've all come to see. I'll more than likely be back again next year in May for a few days, I hope they've got a room available cos at the moment the place looks packed out - they must be doing things right!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

First of all, I contacted the hotel to see if they could arrange something special as it was my partner's birthday. When we arrived, we were given a Superior Room, with access to the Executive Lounge and free WiFi in the room for the 3 night we were there which was fantastic. The room, the executive lounge, the gym; all fantastic. The new lobby is very nice too! We also dined in the Midtown Grrill restaurant which was lovely, the steaks were great. The overall service from all staff around the hotel was great and a big thank you to Angela Petrakova who upgraded us. The hotel is in a great spot and very central.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrewhone
Sarka H, Front Office Manager at Prague Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Prague Marriott Hotel. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also very happy to read that you found our associates friendly, helpful and courteous. I will share your feedback and your comments with our teams.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor and I sincerely hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards