Prague Marriott Hotel
Preferred Hotels
US$73
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
2,406 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat locationbourbon barold townriver cruisebusiness centercharles bridgewalking distancemunicipal housefitness centerrepublic squareper daylobby barexcellent hoteltrain stationrooms are largemajor attractions
Reviewed 23 August 2009

When we arrived at Prague, we never expected to get such a good hotel in the city. Apparently the city was boring and melancholic.
The hotel is certainly better than what the rating suggests.
Staffs are helpful, rooms are small but neat.
Best was the ice maker in our floor.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank drlahiri
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I've stayed in many Marriott's - this one ranks right in the middle, but I was happier than expected after reading some bad reviews. Here is the good and bad:

Good - location, location, location! Rooms - very clean and big. Two great restaurants right down the block, you must try!

Bad/needs improvement - front desk service. We wanted to book the city tour, and it just seemed that everyone was very unhelpful at the front desk, and no one wanted to answer questions about general siteseeing information because they weren't the "concierge." We also had a hard time checking out because we had to split the bill and that seemed like a complicated matter. Also, no coffee maker in the room. I went to the lobby cafe to pay for coffee, only to realize that they have free coffee and tea - American style (not little cappucinos) down by the bar (behind the bar) every morning.

I would probably stay here again if I were to get a good deal on the room again.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2009

OK we are usually Westin and Hyatt users so not sure what people expect. Great rooms, beds and showers and walking distance to everything so don't know what more you'd want. OK food and drinks in the hotel are double elsewhere so really simple don't eat or drink here. Service? Prague and service should never been be used in the same sentence and the hotel lives up to that though the server at our 1 dinner was actually very good.

1  Thank ScottC
Reviewed 10 August 2009

...but there was some major building work going on - the drilling sounded as if it was coming from the room below and the next room from 8.30am. This was a surprise trip for my 60th birthday with my husband and daughter so was rather disappointing. There was no advance warning or explanation in the foyer. There was no hesitation in moving us to another room (on a higher floor away from the noise) so that was good and the concierge was very helpful.

1  Thank babsyates
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Okay, great location. Just a 5 minute walk to all the major stuff...maybe 15 minute wlk to charles bridge...if that.

Since I am Platinum with Marriott, they put us on executive lounge floor with a nicer room. However, the internet options are the worst ever. If you need to stay connected, and yu need to use your own computer, plan on going to the pizza place around the corner (200 meters) and using their free wireless.

The executive lounge has 2 computers only and no option to plug in your own. There is a place to plug in your computer, by we were told this was NOT complimentary.

If you don't have access to the executieve lounge (and I reccommend you not paying for it) the internet options are ridiculous. There are no free hot spots in the hotel.

Ready for this? For 24 hours of dial-up speed, you will pay $25. For 24 hours of broadband speed, you will need to pay close to $100!! Forget the internet option throught th TV...super-slow.

Do not upgrade to the executive level if offered. The breakfast is very limited and the night time appetizers are not much at all. You only get soda or juice free, you have to pay for the beer or wine. I would say their executive lounge was the worst in Europe that I've stayed at. It was always crowded in the morning, and they are slow to clean off the tables. And forget wiping them off...if the last person spilled juice, they won't wipe it up. We were very displeased with their executive lounge.

Now, they also tried to charge me for 4 things I shouldn't have had to pay for...so watch your bill closely. For exampe, we asked if we could make a local call to use an access code to call the USA. The manager made me come down from my room to look at the number. She would not take the number over the phone. So, I had to go down stairs to sow her the number. After showing her the number, she said, yes, this is a free number, and you won't be charged. We called the local number and entered our pin to call the USA. The next day, we had a charge of $40 for 1 local call. I had to talk to 2 different managers to get the charge removed. Here's another example...on Sunday the executive louge had no breakfast. We were told to go downstairs and eat at the buffet. The next morning we had a charge of $80 on our bill. Again, 2 phone calls and 2 managers later, we had it removed. And we had 2 more issues like this.
The pizza place around the corner has free internet wi-fi. We bought a pepsi and used their internet for 2 hours. Pretty good speed too. It was just ridiculous that I had to carry my computer down the street to use it. I'm a platinum memeber and have stayed over 100 nights since january 1...and they don't seem to give a hoot. If they treat their best customers like this, I'd hate to see how they treat folks with no status with Marriott.

By the way...everything in the tourist area (staraya mesto) was way over-priced. From food to Bohemian crystal, the place has gone crazy. We took a tram outside of the tourist area and found cheaper everything...considerably cheaper...in some cases 70-80% less.

3  Thank stevetanyaTexas