“Traditional art nouveau wonder!”
Review of Hotel Paris Prague

Hotel Paris Prague
Ranked #50 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
“Traditional art nouveau wonder!”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I meet and give tours to many Prague visitors staying at the large well known 'chain' hotels like the Hilton or Marriott or at the top of the price scale the 4 seasons/mandarin. While they are fine hotels, specially for business men, I like to point my clients to a hotel with a difference that is unique, owned by the same Czech family since opening in the early 20th century and an Art Nouveau wonder that has not been modernised or spoiled! Not only that but it has an excellent small cafe and wine bar along with a more formal restaurant. And the best central location you could want right next to the Municipal House. And the best part is I can get you rates that will surprise you for a 5 star historic hotel and also will result in good savings when compared to similar establishments!

Room Tip: Let me know what you are looking for but an upgrade is well worth it and ask for a corner room with...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank davideif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
perth western australia
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We would highly recommend this wonderful art nouveau hotel next to municipal house
The staff were outstanding and nothing was too difficult.
Breakfast was of a very high standard and we will always return to hotel Paris.
Thank you Peter and your staff.
Across the street at the back of hotel Cafe Parisenne brilliant wine and food French cheese a must
Just go and enjoy very reasonable prices West Australian wine

Room Tip: 406 great room with view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank murrimbidgee
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

We loved this hotel. The staff was courteous, the building is absolutely beautiful. We even ate in the hotel restaurant - Sarah Bernhart - and we typically avoid hotel restaurants. The meal was great. Breakfast buffet was wonderful. The rooms are a little on the small size but typical for Europe. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends. Everything was a short walk away.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phillykids
NYC
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is a small, elegant hotel which is perfectly located. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms clean, sleek with plenty of counter space for toiletries (a must for women). The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a hidden treasure on the lower level - a full spa.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for five nights while I was in Prague for a business trip. We had a great stay and found the hotel to be exactly what we had hoped.

Location:
It would be nearly impossible for the location to have been any better for us. The hotel's front door is 100 feet from the Namesti Republicky (Republic Square) metro station so you have the convenience of the Prague Metro for any transportation you need around the city. My wife did not use it for any of her sightseeing, but I used it daily to get to my conference location and I had no troubles at all. The hotel almost fronts Namesti Republicky with its collection of restaurants and shopping areas. There is a small craft/farmer's market that sets up on one end of the square, tour operators use another end of the square for pick-up and drop-off, and the Municipal House is on the square if you want to attend a concert or other performance. The hotel is a few blocks from Old Town Square, but it is a nice walk along streets with plenty of shops and places to eat.

Room:
The size of our room was moderate by European standards but slightly small by American standards. The room was well-appointed and the bathroom had all of the amenities that you would expect. There are no irons or ironing boards in the room, so be aware of that. We asked for an iron one afternoon, but it was already in use by someone else so we went without. Not a big deal for us on this trip, but we would have brought a travel iron had we known. The only negative with our room was that smoke from the adjacent room seeped in to our non-smoking room whenever the next-door occupant lit up. In a city where seemingly every other person smoked, it would have been nice to have one certain place where we could escape the fumes. You may have better luck with neighbors.

Restaurants:
We ate at both the Cafe de Paris for lunch and dinner and Sarah Bernhardt for breakfast. First, it isn't really fair to say we ate at Sarah Bernhardt for breakfast since it was the breakfast buffet that was included in our rate. However, the breakfast was very good and had all of the usual items that are provided with a European breakfast buffet. Service was good and it was a very nice setting for breakfast each morning. Cafe de Paris was perfect for light meals both after we landed and were waiting for our room and in the evening when we didn't want a heavy dinner. Service was good here, too, and the wait staff did not hover over the table but instead gave service commensurate with what was ordered.

Overall:
I am very happy that I chose to stay here while in Prague. If I had it to do over again, I would definitely choose the Hotel Paris again. If you want a typical American-style hotel, there are two of them across the street from each other just about two blocks away (and I've got a separate review for one of them). But if you are looking for a very nice hotel that gives you more of the experience of being in Prague, you should take a close look at the Hotel Paris. If I come back to Prague, I'm staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Very good value. The hotel is in a beautiful building, the rooms are small but nice. The location is fabulous, close to everything and walking distance to the tourist sites. Breakfast and wifi are included and the breakfast is excellent. Staff are very friendly and courteous but I thought the concierge could have been a little better with information rather than trying to sell us their tours!!
All in all a good trip and would stay there again

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 29 May 2012

It was the second time I stayed at the Hotel Paris. I love the building, the location, the breakfast and the friendly employees.
The only drawback is the relative tiny rooms and bathrooms and the little spa area. Still I would book again the Paris hotel on my next stay to Prague.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple