“Confused by These Reviews”
Review of Hotel Paris Prague

Hotel Paris Prague
Ranked #49 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hotel Paris/Prague wasn't good and wasn't bad. It was classically mediocre.

The location is excellent within walking distance of the old city and many of
the shopping areas. However, it is an 'old' hotel that I believe doesn't merit
the 4 & 5 star reviews given to it.

We had four room nights in two rooms. The rooms are small with old-style
high ceilings, good air-conditioning and modern bathrooms. If your time at
this hotel is meant to be intensively intimate this is the place for you.

The first night, we needed a bigger, 5-person taxi and I asked the bellman
in English to call one for me. He refused saying this was the responsibility
of the front desk and not his purview. Although he was a new employee
(and "trainee" was on his name tag), I think the correct thing would have been
in this hotel to say: "I'll take care of it through the front desk."

A 10-year old was traveling with us and just off the lobby is an old-world
cafe. I wanted to buy her a Czech apple 'strudel' and as we sat down in the
late afternoon, there were smokers everywhere in the cafe. Though I realize
some will dispute this, I don't see the basis to allow smokers
to smoke in an enclosed but open (to the lobby) area. The young 10-year old
said she didn't like smoke (nor do I) and we moved to a separate restaurant
in the hotel when we were told smoking was permitted in the cafe and hence
in the lobby.

Finally, I just hate it when hotels gouge customers for profit. At any 4-star hotel in Europe,
charging CZK 450 (about US$23) for 24 hours of Internet is Cheap Charlie Tactics
about which this hotel ought to be ashamed. The front desk staff did say that this is
their most frequent complaint as I signed the chit for $48 hours/2 days of Internet.

The facade of the hotel is beautiful as is so much of Prague, a city I loved
visiting again after a 20-year hiatus. But, this hotel barely merits a 3-star rating
based on its faded and tiny rooms, indifferent service and seemingly fraudulent
4-star rating.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We booked this hotel at the recommendation of our airlines, and United hit the nail on the head. This art nouveau gem is located in the old city, within easy walking distance of most of Prague's chief historical and cultural attractions (it takes no more than 20 minutes, for example, to get to the other sides of the Charles Bridge). The staff are very helpful, the rooms are well maintained and comfortable, and the breakfast is not to be missed--perhaps the best I've had in Europe. As a bonus, the period cafe, decorated in the style of a century ago, is an extremely comfortable place to pass a rainy evening, as I'm doing while I write this review.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I hope everyone gets a chance to visit Prague
I never enjoyed a trip so much, and I have been all over the united states.this was my first trip internationally
I spent 2 weeks when to five countries and Prague
And staying at hotel paris was the best experience
Of my life. I had a jr. Suite the service is perfect and location was great.i book it thru booking .com and everything
Was exactly as they represented it. The only sad part is I wish I was still there...the beauty is unbelievable. No photos can do it justice..fashion is better than Paris the cleanest city I have ever been thanks Diane Vecchio fr ft Myers ,florida

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Excellent art nouveau decoration. Fabulous friendly staff. One receptionist in particular made our five night stay exceptional. Always very helpful and attentive to our requests. Our room was comfortable and clean and included a balcony. Hotel is situated in a excellent location and within easy walking distance of all the sights. Very good breakfast as well. Highly recommended for a stay in beautiful Prague.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Zuzana V, Director of Sales at Hotel Paris Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear guest,
thank you very much for providing your feedback to other travellers and for choosing The Paris. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in every respect and I´m pleased to share your positive feedback with my team. Looking forward to welcoming you soon back to Prague. Warm regards, Zuzana Vincíková

Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is a great hotel for visiting Prague as a tourist. Fabulous art nouveau features. If you're going to Prague, why not get the full art nouveau experience, rather than staying at a more generic place? Nice neighborhood. Good location across the street from the Municipal House, five minutes from Old Town Square, 10-15 min walk from Charles Bridge and Jewish Quarter. Excellent breakfast, included in price. Helpful staff. Free Wi-Fi in lobby area, which sometimes extended with weaker signal to room on second floor.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob332211

dear guest,
Thank you very much for posting your experience to help other travellers. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for a number of nice comments on the room, cuisine and service. I am looking forward to you next stay with us! My best regards from Prague, Zuzana Vincíková

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I've stayed 2 night at Hotel Paris with friend. I made a reservation for DELUXE ROOM, but It wasn't correspond to the name. When I back to Japan, I checked their official website, I realize the truth that we assigned different room. If I made a reservation for Std room, I have no complaint.
Anyway, the location and staff's hospitality are great. Breakfast buffet is good. Bus stop bound for airport is close.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Hotel location is perfect. 5 min. to old town square. 10 min to Charls bridge. If you like walking, 20 min you can be at Prague castle. Hotel staff are friendly from reception, concierge to canteen. We feel home here.

• Stayed: July 2012