We stayed at the Paris Hotel for 3 nights from 2nd December 2013 as a base for the Christmas Markets. Having read the reviews, we were not really expecting too much but on arrival, we really could not believe it. This is one of the best surprises we have had. The hotel is very much French Art Nouveau style and you almost feel as if you would walk out of the ddoor on to the Champs Elysees.
Staff were most welcoming and extremely attentive. Room was lovely, well appointed and had all the things one expects of a five star hotel.
The bar was pleasant but in keeping with most bars in Prague, there was no none smoking section which I suspect that tourist pressure is likely to push for over the coming years as the bar serves food and it is not that pleasant eating whilst someone smokes at the next table.
We also ate in the restaurant Sarah Bernhardt which was excellent but shall review separately.
We would have no hesitation returning to the hotel and would just like to mention a small irritation which would not take much to correct.
On leaving, we decided to have a drink in the bar. We ordered a glass of champagne and a gin and tonic. The champagne is served as 0.1litres, clearly marked on the drinks menu, but was flat. We presume that the problem is as there is not a great throughput, the champagne is poured from 0.2l bottles. This leaves one galss in the bottle. The actual measure is embarrassing, less than half a glass. When we mentioned it, we were told that other guests and nationalities had similarly complained about the size of the measure. Might we suggest that in future the hotel sells the full 0.2l bottle and adjusts the prices accordingly. This would
1. Avoid the remaining glass in the bottle going flat and
2. Give the guest a fuller glass, thereby avoiding the feeling of being underserved.
People who drink champagne are hardly likely to refuse to pay the price.
This is not a criticism; merely an observation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Paris Prague offers luxury hotel rooms and suites in Prague with an exclusive view of Prague Old Town, furthermore a French and traditional Czech hotel restaurant in Prague, Parisian style Cafe de Paris. Hotel Paris also includes a relaxation centre Wellness & Spa in the heart of Prague city centre, where you can perhaps try a Thai massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Paris Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paris Hotel Prague