“Good, but expensive”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #92 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Very good, but expensive hotel near Prague's old town. Comfortable rooms, an excellent hotel restaurant, friendly staff. Smokers will find a lounge. Many travel groups from over the pond are there. WiFi is available, but very expensive. Recommendable for business travellers, if you are a tourist you'll find sheeper, but also excellent alternatives around the corner.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank coach_pilot
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2011

Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic and for taking your time to give us some feedback regarding your stay.
It was indeed a pleasure for me to note, that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with our facilities, and with the service provided by our Team Members. I will certainly share your positive comments with our Team.
Regarding the Internet access, please allow me to mention, that we have a complimentary Internet station in the Lobby Area and in the Executive Lounge. Please allow me to mention that, as of January 2012 the Internet access will become complimentary in all the Hotel public areas.
Looking forward to your returns and wishing you a great autumn,
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Were there for a week. Service and the food were great.

Rooms that we got were not good:
1. No view at all (I suspect that around half of the rooms in the hotel have this problem)
2. No mini kitchen, fridge - used smalll mini bar to store drinks.
3. No drawers
Only good thing to say about the rooms is about the bed(very satisfying)

Rooms were cituated near the health center and due to renovation of the health center that is being performed there were drilling all day. No compensation were offered for this - as if it is a normal thing that is going on.

Pricy wifi(local network connection from the room costs the same) - 24 euros a day

Service was great and considerate

Food was great.

The location of the hotel is perferct

7  Thank Dmitry B
miroslav_pijak, Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your stay at Hilton Prague Old Town.

I am happy that you enjoyed our food, service and location during your stay with us. At the same time I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced due to the reconstruction noise and the view from the room. Our location is, as you mentioned "perfect", unfortunately being in the city centre some of our rooms need to face other buildings.
Regarding the Internet access, we do have a complimentary Internet station in the Lobby Area and in the Executive Lounge. Please allow me to mention that, as of January 2012, the Internet access will become complimentary in all the Hotel public areas.
Please note, that our guests satisfaction and feedback are of great importance to us. I would like, once again, to thank you for your valuable patronage and look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Prague Old Town in the future.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Average tourist hotel with signs of threadbare, hopeless centre wellness; I had the junior apartment with the ugly, overshadowed view on the patio and with the neighbourhood of noisy staff lift.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your stay at the Hilton Prague Old Town.

Please accept my apologies, that some of our facilities were not to up to your expectations.

Please allow me to mention that, we are currently fully renovating our health club in order to offer our guests an enlarged gym with brand new equipment, two massage rooms, swimming pool and sauna. As an alternative to all our guests during this time we offer access to the beautiful World Class facilities next to the hotel. Thank you for your comments in regards to the lift, we are in the process of solving the issue. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in our property in the future.

Kind regards from sunny Prague,

Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed two nights with wife and adult daughter. Check in was friendly enough with apparently usual Hilton push to upgrade to Executive level for mucho more Euros per night which included unlimited drinks and snacks. Since breakfast included, and not being big drinkers, we declined. Breakfast buffet was about the best of the six hotels on our trip. Location very convenient to Old Town. Room was spacious enough and no complaints. Flat screen tv and bathroom were fine. Staff friendly and helpful when my daughter stubbed her foot with open toe sandal on metal remnant of street sign pole in Old Town Square (watch out for those, especially at night), they brought out antiseptic spray from kitchen. No time to use fitness center (too tired and jet lagged anyhow). Free computer use in business center (just need to kick kids off Facebook). Location right next to subway stop and a few blocks from train station. We would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Hilton Prague Old Town.

It was indeed very nice to read you enjoyed your stay with us, and very much pleased to hear that our Team was friendly and helpful when you asked for help with your daughter injury.

Please rest assured, that positive feedback such as yours is a great motivator for the Team, ensuring day after day we provide excellent "Hospitality" to our guests.

I thank you again for taking your time to share your comments about our property, and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I bid on a hotel on Priceline in the Old Town neighborhood. We were hoping to get this Hilton and we were so happy when we did. We spent 7 nights here for a great rate. We knew Hilton had a good reputation and we were not at all disappointed by this one. Some notes:

Getting there was incredibly easy. The airport shuttle (called Cedaz) literally drops you off next to the hotel. For the equivalent of about 7 dollars it is really the best way to get to this hotel from the airport. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes. It was a relief to not have to worry about getting ripped off in a taxi.

The location is pretty good. It is situated within a 5 - 10 minute walk to Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square. We found it to be far enough removed from the action that it was not noisy at night, but close enough so that you could easily join in. It is also near a huge shopping mall and a central transportation hub (Namesti Republiky).

The value was incredible. Based on prior reviews we new that the executive lounge seemed to be a good deal. When we checked in we were offered an upgrade for 50 euro per night to the executive level. We accepted it and were very pleased that we did. The lounge is really nice. You have access to breakfast, snacks, sandwiches, beer, wine, water and soda. There are also computers with internet access. From 6-11 pm there is an open bar. We saved a lot of money on breakfast, snacks and beverages. Also, the staff (particularly Tereza) were exceptional. They helped with every aspect of our stay, including recommending restaurants and booking day trips. I can't say enough about how professional and competent they were.

The pool and health club were closed due to construction. However, you have access to a really nice facility across the street. It was easy to sign in using our room key.

Overall this hotel is a wonderful value and we would highly recommend it, particularly if you opt for the executive level.

Room Tip: Take the upgrade to the executive level. You won't regret it.
1  Thank cityorcountry

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague Old Town.

Thank you for your very kind feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and Prague. I am very proud of Tereza and Executive Lounge Team, I will be happy to share your comments with them.

Regarding the health club, very shortly the newly renovated facilities available to our guests will include a fully equipped gym with brand new equipment, two massage rooms, swimming pool and sauna.

I would like to thank you again for your review and hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Prague Old Town in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We just returned from a River cruise that uses this hotel for Prague tours. The hotel is conveniently located and the staff is friendly and helpful. However, the housekeeping service leaves a lot to be desired. We were in a group of about 30 rooms and I heard many complaints about no service or incomplete service. We were there 3 days and I'm not sure that our room ever got vacuumed. 2 days we had to go get washcloths and the trash wasn't emptied as well. Lastly, we never got the room cool. Tried to adjust the thermostat and asked for assistance. Still no success.

1  Thank dmbkDallasTX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay in our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn about your room experience. Please accept our deep apologies and be ensured, that your comments are properly followed up, in order not to reoccur in the future.

I sincerely hope, that we will be able to welcome you back in the Hilton Prague Old Town in the future, as we would very much like the opportunity to prove to you, that your experience was certainly not a reflective of our usual high standards. For future bookings please contact me directly, so I can make sure, that we extend your expectations.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Well, the location of this hotel is good. Its about a 10 min. walk to the old town. Thats all that is positive.

The rooms are quite dated. The check-in was absolutly horrible; not welcoming at all, I was not even greeted properly, no smile, no map of the city offered. I really felt that they don`t like me to have as an guest.

Theres a lot of construction work going on right now at this Hotel, so you will most likely have construction noise in you room from the early morning to the evening.

Internet charges are a rip off - around 26 Euros for 24 h and thats for the slow line. The fast internet access costs more than 85 Euros! Tray charge as well, 150 CKZ (around 6 EUR) added to their overpriced restaurant or breakfast prices which is ridiculous since you get in other restaurants already a main course for that money.

Can`t say anything about the quality of food served at the Hotel Restaurant "Zinc" since I eat always in other places due to this charges.

TV reception bad as well on almost all channels.
3 slow elvevators - one of them out of order since days. Long waiting time to get one.

As other comments on tripadvisor said, yes it is probably the most overpriced Hilton in the world. To this hotel they even bring now almost every day bus loads of tour groups. I wonder if they pay the same, very high rate, as individuals.

1.8/5 Not recommended at all.
If you like to stay in this area try the Marriott. It`s directly opposite of the Hilton Old Town. Can`t say anything about the quality of the new Hilton in Prague, however its location is a bit remote.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay in our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn about your check-in experience and I truly regret, that my front office team members seemed unfriendly and that some of our facilities were not up to your expectations.

I would like to ensure you, that your comment are taken very seriously and are followed up in order to avoid such issues in the future.
In regards of the Internet we do have a complimentary Internet station in the Lobby area and in the Executive Lounge. Please allow me to mention, that as of January 2012, the Internet access will become complimentary in all the hotel public areas.

I also would like to confirm that, we are currently renovating the wellness area and whilst we take any possible care to ensure disturbance is kept at a minimum sometimes it is a disturbance to our guests.
The health club work is closely coming to an end and shortly we will open the newly renovated facilities with an extended gym fitted with brand new equipment, two massage rooms, swimming pool and sauna. We are also aware of lift issue, which we had during your stay and we are working on improvements.