“Very nice hotel, excellent service”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #103 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Ballston Spa, New York
“Very nice hotel, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton Prague Old Town during our first visit to the Czech Republic, and we were extremely impressed. The hotel was in an excellent central location within walking distance to every major tourist spot, and was close to many great restaurants. The room was spacious, clean, and had all of the amenities that you'd expect. Most impressive was the staff ... the concierge service was outstanding, and always smiling. We felt like friends by the time that we left. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a trip to Prague.

1 Thank Steve L
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for selecting Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and thank you for sharing your comments with us.

It was indeed very nice to read you enjoyed your stay with us, our location, our rooms, and I am very much pleased to hear that our Concierge Team was friendly, helpful and smiley.

Please rest assured, that positive feedback such as yours is a great motivator for the Team, ensuring day after day we provide excellent "Hospitality" to our guests.

I thank you again for taking your time to share your comments about our property, and I look forward to welcome you back soon. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family all the best for 2012.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was one of the best kept and cleanest hotels i've stayed in. The staff was friendly and helpful. The locatioin was excellent, walking distance to old town and right next to a huge mall and the metro.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay.
It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you enjoyed the cleanliness, service provided by our Team, and the central location of the hotel (only few minutes away from the most famous touristic sites). We all hope, we will have opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards from Prague,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, and due to our Hilton Honors status got upgraded to the executive level. I cant praise this hotel enough. The rooms are large and the executive lounge is one of the best in all the Hiltons. What a fantastic location, very close to the old town sites and an easy walk up to the castle. But what stands out the most about this hotel was the staff, very helpful and attentive. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marlew76205
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

It was indeed a great pleasure to hear that you were very happy with our location, hotel room, Executive Lounge and especially with service provided by our Team Members. We are very proud of them and your positive feedback is for all of us as a great motivator. I will be more than happy to share it our entire Team.

I would like once again to thank you for taking your time to write your comments and I am looking forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Prior to arriving I emailed The Concierge (Marketa) to ask for help in planning my trip. She was very helpful & arranged for a driver to meet me at the train station in Prague. The driver was there when I got off the train and he quickly took me via a Black Mercedes to the hotel @ 6 minutes away. I'm "Gold" and was upgraded to the Executive Level with access to the Lounge. Its a bit small compared to Lounges in Asia etc, but it was great. The employees in the Lounge went out of their way to help me with everything I needed. The hotel is a short walk to the local sites and the bar & restaurant in the lobby are very good. A good place to stay while in Prague!

Room Tip: A room on the 8th Floor makes it very convenient if you have access to the Executive Lounge!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for selecting Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to Prague. I would like to thank you for such a great and extensive endorsement of the Hotel.

It was a great pleasure to read that you are very satisfied with your stay, our location in the city centre, Executive Lounge and service provided by the Team Members at the Hotel, and in particular Marketa from Concierge. Your feedback makes me very proud of our Team and I will be happy to share your comments with them. Feedback, such as yours, is of great motivation to the entire Team. I would like once again to thank you for taking the time to provide details of your experience at the Hilton Prague Old Town.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We enjoyed a fabulously decadent time at this hotel. The staff were all fabulous - engaging, attentive and fun! Suite was a little tired, but housekeeping super with lots of treats everyday. Location just PERFECT for exploring the city on foot. Totally recommend for a city break.

Room Tip: Floor 9 best - access to exec lounge (on 8), but no foot traffic in corridor.
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and for sharing your experience with us.
It was indeed a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and very nice to see that our Team Members and overall quality of the hotel contributed to your positive experience.
I very much hope, we will have opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kindest regards
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Really enjoyed the train ride down from Berlin through the Elbe River Valley. Hiring a taxi at the Central Train Station was a bit dodgy, though. The gentleman who was in charge (sort of) of the disjointed "taxi line" first quoted CSK700 for a trip to the Hilton Prague Old Town. But my wife quickly got him to CSK500. We had to confirm the price with the driver (who did not appear to speak English), but there was no problem after that.

The staff at the Hilton Prague Old Town is possibly the friendliest, most helpful we've ever experienced at any Hilton or any other hotel. The front desk staff, led by Katryn (?), the deputy manager, and Milos were just terrific in getting us rooms that were both upgraded (we have Gold level status) and adjoining, so that we could be next door for the kids. Adriana in Executive Lounge also went out of her way to recommend tours, restaurants, and other activities. "Mike" was also great on the second day. These folks really want to make you feel at home in their city. And they do it without coming across as officious or ingratiating.

The hotel itself is very good, typical of a refurbished European Hilton (I think this was converted from the Renaissance Hotel). Rooms are clean and relatively spacious. Pleasing decor and interior design through out. My only knock is that the Executive Lounge is a bit small. There's plenty of liquor, wine, and good Czech beer, but we don't drink anymore. The food selection for breakfast and evening snacks is pretty limited. Likewise, the pool/sauna area is small and minimalistic, though clean and pleasant.

(The sign on the sauna door, complete with images, indicating bathing suits were prohibited in the small sauna, was a bit head-turning, especially since I was with my 12 year old sons while a beautiful lady or two came through the pool area. Ok, maybe I'm betraying my American-ness, but still, it was a little funny.)

The location of this hotel also is terrific, not on the busy squares, but just a brief walk away. But all the information about Prague not being cheap any more is true. The Hilton is not an exception. But I could recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford a mid-to-upper range hotel in this unique and beautiful city.

Room Tip: Room on the back face an ally.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for selecting again Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and thank you for sharing your nice and very detailed comments with us.
I am delighted to hear that you had a beautiful stay in Prague, that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, our rooms and its cleanliness, our small but fresh renovated spa and hotels central location (only few minutes away from the most famous touristic sites), and you were extremely satisfied with the service provided by our Team.
Thank you for mentioning Kristyna and Milos from Front Office and Adriana and Miki from Executive Lounge. I will proudly share your words with our Team Members, and I would like to ensure you that, our aim is to look after our guests with high level of service. Comments, such as yours, are of great motivation to the whole Hotel Team.
I am very much looking forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kindest regards,
new york, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

hotel is nice. easy to get to by public transport or the hotel shuttle for a fraction of the cost of a taxi. hotel location good, easy to get to old town!bedding, sheets, towels all top notch. good plugs in the room as well. breakfast in the restaurant just ok. too many people in the lounge for a decent breakfast. staff superior!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

It was indeed very nice to read you enjoyed your stay with us, our location, room facilities, breakfast and our Executive Lounge, and I am very much pleased to hear that our Team was friendly and helpful.