“Best hotel service”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #91 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I are Hilton Members and we have stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world, but this hotel had by far the best inclusive perks and the best service. I read that you can pay an extra fee if you are not a member for the executive club and I would recommend it as it includes food and drink from 6:30am to 10:30pm, including alcohol and a great breakfast spread. Our room was updated and spacious and quiet as well. The only negative is they are working on the elevators right now and it creates some noise during the day, but that did not effect us as we were out and about during the day. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay for the executive club benefits.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C597044
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to kindly thank you for your stay and the very pleasant review about the hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities exceeded your expectations and I am also very proud that you found the service provided by our Team as best.

Regarding the lift maintenance noise, we tried to organise the work during the day in order not to disturb our guests in the morning and evening, please do accept my deep apology for any disturbance.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Warm greetings from the Team at Hilton Prague Old Town,

Reviewed 10 March 2013

With Hilton Points we were given an executive room for the same points as for a standard room. The executive lounge had free wi-fi access (though I think all hotels should have free wi-fi in their rooms...), snacks and drinks available all day and a tasty breakfast buffet.
The bed was very comfortable and the room (at the back of the hotel) was very quiet.
The location was excellent, only a few moments from Republic Square and a 7 minute stroll to Old Town Square.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarieGlasgow

Dear Sir/Madam,

We very much appreciate your lovely comments about our hotel and we pride ourselves in trying to exceed our guests expectations. It is very nice to hear that you liked our location, bedroom and executive lounge facilities and you had a good sleep.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Very nice hotel. However a few small points. The showers are rubbish...I had to run round in mine to get wet (as did a few others there so it wasnt room specific). The bar is very expensive...not surprising but beware!!!. Overall a very nice hotel, well situated about 15 minutes from old town. Cabs are very cheap as well.

Breakfast, for the price, is to expensive, go into town instead and the last small thing was that the room was hot, aircon was on cold and window open...but to warm (well for me).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and providing us with your feedback.
We are happy, that our location and hotel facilities contributed to your pleasant stay. Regarding our breakfast and bar offer, we are sorry to hear you felt they are expensive, as the quality and selection of offered products fully correspond with prices of other places of similar hotel category in the city centre.

We hope you had a good return journey, and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Prague.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Hilton Old Town is located near one of the main squares, on the outer rim of the old town - however don't let that fool you, the location is great - it's a 5-10 minute walk tops through the old town to Charles bridge for example. For the foodies out there, it's about 5 minutes away from La Degustation.

The Airport Express bus stops a street before and a street after the Hilton, so it's very cheap to get to/from the airport (under 3 EUR per person each way). Note that while the bus FROM the airport stops close to the Hilton, the bus TO the airport only picks up from the main train station, which is about a 7-12 minute walk (go into the train station and all the way to the top level where the motorway is).

The hotel itself is typical Hilton quality, and is a fairly modern build. It has excellent spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and good bar (try the local white wines, surprisingly good) and spa facilities. Rooms were immaculately clean. Only complaint is that the free wifi only worked in the ground floor reception/bar area and not in rooms, hence 4 not 5 in overall rating.

Didn't try the breakfast, so can't comment there, and in terms of value: well, it is a Hilton. Good for a romantic couples getaway.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for selecting Hilton Prague Old Town during your stay in the Czech Republic.

I am delighted to hear, that you had a nice trip to Prague and liked our hotel facilities. I am pleased to hear, that you were satisfied with the comfort and cleanliness of your bedroom, with our bar offer and service and you enjoyed our newly renovated spa. I am also happy you took advantage of our location and proximity of the hotel to all major attractions and you enjoyed our city.
Thank you again for your kind feedback and are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Prague.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Old Town hotel. My second Hilton in Prague. Last year I stayed at the other Hilton, which was much better than the Old Town Hilton. The Hilton Old Town room 518 was way too expensive for what I got, which included breakfast only in the Executive lounge. Only 2 plugs for use, one connecting the floor lamp and another the clock. So.... For an Executive room, no additional plugs. Rooms were clean, but the aircon needed service, made noise and had to be switched off 25 minutes after midnight. Not good.... No wifi in the rooms. Have to pay. Staff was professional and helpful... Not going back... Walking distance to tourist places like the Tower, the Clock and Charles Bridge...

Room Tip: Take the regular room in this hotel. Not the costly 'executive' room... Was not valuable for...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Old Town and for taking the time to give us feedback of the Hotel facilities, and service provided by the Team.
I was delighted, that you are praising our location and highlighting the service as professional and helpful.
Please allow me to add a remark, that you have been allocated to one of our king executive plus rooms, which offer larger accommodating space. Our top rated Executive Lounge was fully to your disposal daily during your stay. I must say that Wi-Fi is a paid service in the rooms in order to ensure the highest quality by the provider. At the same time free Wi-Fi is available for Hotel guests in the Executive Lounge, Lobby, Restaurant and Bar.
I would like to apologize for the air-condition noise and lack of plugs. Please rest assured, that we are already working on improvement on both named issues.
I would like to thank you again for your feedback, and we will be looking forward to welcome you back at the Hilton Hotels in Prague

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Location of the hotel is rather good if you are to visit the old city centre - everything is within walking distance. When entering the hotel lobby, the first thing that struck me was an extremely distinct and artificial smell like if the front desk was covered with electronic air-fresheners. Luckily this smell wasn't appearent at the room. Check-in (and out) went without problems. The room I had (8th floor with window to the street) was a bit old in appearence, but overall ok. Complementary water, coffee and tea was nice, but unfortunately wifi wasn't free. The window couldn't close tight so the street noise was so annoying that I had to buy earplugs in order to get some sleep.

Breakfast was fine with nice selection of cold and warm dishes.

Would I come back? If attending a conference or meeting at the hotel or just nearby then maybe. Otherwise, I would probably try something else next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Dear Sir/Madam.
Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and for taking the time to share with us your kind feedback regarding your stay.
It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you liked our location, breakfast quality and selection and thank you for highlighting the problem-free service provided by our Reception Team.
Let me please apologize for the smell in the lobby. As you correctly mentioned, on the day of your arrival we had an issue with air-freshening function of the air conditions units in the lobby. I would like to assure you that this issue is fixed already. I am also very sorry to learn that you have been disturbed by street noise. Our maintenance team is now going through all the rooms and checks window functionality to ensure good quality of the sleep of our guests.
Regarding the Internet, I need to mention, we provide free Wi-Fi in our lobby, restaurant and bar, as well as executive lounge and also free Internet on the PC stations in the Internet corner located behind our concierge in the lobby.
I very much hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our property in the future.

Kind regards from Prague,

Reviewed 1 March 2013

What an excellent hotel.Very well located for all the Old Town sight seeing tours. The hotel is spotlessly clean. Room was a good size.
Zinc Restaurant - euro/asian fusion food. Very tasty menu. Dinner around 50 pounds with drink for 1.
Would recommend this hotel for all age groups.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid some traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank euxtonal

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your nice review about the Hilton Prague Old Town Hotel on the Tripadvisor site and for your recommendation.

I was very happy to read, that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the comfort and cleanliness of your bedroom, the quality of the food in Zinc restaurant and our central location.

I will certainly share your feedback with the rest of our team and I look forward to welcome you back in our property in the future.

With Kindest Regards,