“One of the best in a good brand”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #93 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Edinburgh
“One of the best in a good brand”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Most years we stay in a Hilton to mark our Birthdays( two adjacent days). This year it was to Prague and we decided to stay at the Old Town Hilton, having stayed at the other one(very pleasantly) previously. This was an excellent decision! Not only is the hotel of a high standard, it is in a very good location, no more than 10 mins from the centre of the Old Town, with the express bus from the airport(60 cr pp) stopping just round the corner and a smaller hotel transfer bus(150 cr pp) stopping outside. There is a metro stop a few yards from the express bus stop, so more outlying parts of the city are easily accessed. But most striking was the attention to detail throughout the hotel and the competence and friendliness of the staff. We may be biased as(for the first time in 6 years) the manager had noted the fact it was a Birthday and left sparkling wine and strawberries for us with a greeting! Many thanks to all the staff who made it a memorable stay.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel. A large, very quiet room, but no direct sun. It kept the room cool...
1 Thank Kate M
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town hotel during your stay and your special occasion celebration in our beautiful city.

It was a pleasure to learn that you had a great stay with us, you took advantage of our central location and your found our Team friendly and efficient. Moreover, I was delighted to read that we contributed to your nice birthday celebration.

Please rest assured that your most valuable feedback will certainly be shared with the management team as well with all team members.

I hope, we will have the pleasure of hosting you again.

With my warmest regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

To me having free Wifi at a hotel is as standard as having a bed. Being a foreign traveller cell phone data is expensive and the internet is very useful for looking up information, restaurants, naps as well as keeping in touch with home and unfortunately work. To have wifi in the room it was at a cost of 25 euros a day. I don't pay that much for a month at home. Everything else with the hotel was fine. Standard big Hilton that you would find anywhere in Canada or the US. Not really old world charm. Wrote the review as the front desk said she gets the wifi complaint regularly but did not even feel it was her role to pass it on to management. Well at least you can find wifi at lots of small restaurants and bars as the love being tagged on social media.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 63Hotelmike
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your review with us and other fellow travelers.

I was disappointed to read your above feedback and I truly regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations due to our in-room Internet service. I appreciate your comment and I would like also to share with you that we do also offer free Wi-Fi service in our lobby, restaurant, bar, health club and Executive lounge. Furthermore our guests can use one of our 3 computer stations in our connectivity station located in the lobby area complimentary. However in the rooms WI-FI is paid service and we assure you we are fully in-line with the company standard and with the same category of the hotels in the city centre of Prague. Nevertheless, we always strive to continuously better our service and we very much appreciate our guest's feedback and suggestions which are shared daily with the management for any future improvement and considerations.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in our hotel again during your next trip to the Golden city of Prague. Please feel free to reach out to me on contact me on Miroslav.pijak@hilton.com and I will ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

With my best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here based on other people's reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. I chose this very much with my teenage children in mind, knowing they would enjoy the facilities the hotel has to offer. I upgraded the room to Executive level and we definitely made use of the lounge on the eighth floor as well as the in-room internet which came with the room. The hotel is incredibly located, a short walk to the Smetana Hall where we enjoyed a classical concert one night and no more than ten minutes stroll to the centre of the old city. There are lots of cafes and restaurants on its doorstep. We spend five days and four nights in Prague and were able to see all the major sights as well as have down time. We made use of the well-equipped fitness centre at the hotel and the small but perfectly adequate swimming pool. The variety of food at the breakfast buffet was brilliant. There were drinks and snacks available throughout the day in the Executive Lounge with cake and more substantial snacks served at 3pm and drinks served between 6-8.30pm. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, sometimes in stark contrast to the service we encountered in other restaurants. It was the perfect base from which to both explore and relax in this beautiful city. Yes, it's not a small and intimate hotel but you know what you are getting with the Hilton brand and everything, from the bathroom fittings, safe in the bedroom, quality of food was at an extremely high level.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Deborah A
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback with fellow travelers. .

It was a pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed our location, in proximity to all major sites, fitness center and spa area and the relaxing atmosphere and friendly service in our Executive Lounge.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, ensuring you spend yet another fully enjoyable time.

Truly Yours,

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were in Prague two weeks ago and chose to stay at The Hilton Old Town. Location was awesome, rooms clean and completely up to par. Food in the executive lounge was super as well as the staff.
The front desk was a completely different story; when we got there at 2 pm our rooms (we had two rooms reserved) were not ready and they would not ready for TWO more hours. Since they were executive rooms at least we were given access to the executive lounge for refreshments. During those two hours our reservation mysteriously changed names from my husband to me and the staff in the executive lounge at first couldn't even find it.

Then the check out was crazy too! First of all instead of six available desks they were only using three and the line for checking in and out was very long. Then AGAIN, our reservation switched names!!! Now it ended up under my sister-in-law, who we were traveling with. So check out ended up taking us 45 minutes!!

Maybe this is how things are run in all the hotels in Prague, but next time we would probably try the Marriott across the street.

Room Tip: Go executive.
1 Thank Eszter R
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your visit to Hilton Prague Old Town Hotel and for sharing your recent experience.

I am grateful for your nice comments about our location, guest rooms and Executive lounge.

On the other hand, please accept my most sincere apologies for your check-in and check-out experience. I wish to assure you that your recent experience was one off occasion and certainly not the usual conduct of our property. Your feedback has been shared with the entire department, ensuring a better care is taken of our guests during such circumstances. I can also confirm that I was following up on your reservations and causes of the name changes which unfortunately happened due to an unforeseen system error at check-in and check-out. This system error has been analyzed in depth, fixed and action taken to prevent such similar occurrences in the future. Once again, my team and I would like to apologize for the lengthy process.

I would be very thankful if we would get the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Prague Old Town in the future, to show you that we can do better. In case of your future reservation in our property, please contact me directly on Miroslav.pijak@hilton.com and I will be more than pleased to personally look after you.

Truly Yours,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Prague Old Town between April 13 and 16, 2014 for a small workshop. The location of the hotel is wonderful as it is just right outside of the Old Town. Therefore, you can REALLY close to all the attractions but far enough so you get a quiet sleep. The hotel was of course, very beautiful. The room was very nice and clean as well. One thing I have to mention though, is the service of the front desk staff. I don't understand whether this is just the natural response of Czech or whether this is specific to front desk staff at the Hilton. The front desk staff had been VERY unhelpful with my meeting and all other questions I had. Not only did they not know anything but also gave me attitude when I asked questions because they didn't know the answer to my questions. Either than that, the rest of the staff were really great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Madam,

Thank you for staying in Hilton Prague Old Town during your recent workshop participation and for sharing your experiences with us.

I was pleased to learn you liked our facility overall, you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of the guest room and the quality of the provided. I am also thankful for your location recommendations.

On the other hand, I am truly sorry that the Front office team did not live up to your expectations and came across as unhelpful. My team frequently receives lot of positive comments from our guests therefore I must consider your experience as one off event. However, rest assured that I have shared feedback with entire team to learn from it and to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to show you, that we can do better.

Kindest regards,

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We chose this hotel because a) it was slightly cheaper than those in the Old Town but still only 10-15 mins walk away and b) because we hoped that anyone on a hen or stag party wouldn't chose it! We were very happy with our stay. We had a room on the second floor opposite the lift and I was a bit worried this might be noisy, but everything was fine. We didn't hear a peep. The room facilities were very good - large bedroom and well equipped bathroom. There were plenty of hot and cold choices for breakfast and we saw others asking for cappuccinos or espressos instead of the regular coffee pot - didn't seem to be any extra cost. The lady (Veronika) on the business desk was extremely helpful when we asked if she might print off some music tickets which we had ordered online just before leaving London and the concierge later pointed us in the direction of the free to use (and print) computers so we could log in and print off our return boarding passes. Internet was free in the lobby area but if you want to use it in the bedroom you have to pay for it. The hotel was well located for both the old and new town areas, being roughly half way between the Old Square and Wenceslas Square. Everything is pretty much walkable in Prague. The hotel doesn't have a wow factor but it is a very good standard and I would be happy to recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your visit of Prague.

It was indeed a great pleasure to learn that you were very with our location, hotel facilities and service. I would like once again to thank you for taking your time to write the comment and I am looking forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.

Seattle
Reviewed 23 April 2014

...for a Hilton. The location is good if you want to walk to Old Town, the staff is friendly and professional for the most part and the Executive Lounge is a nice place to land after a hard day of sightseeing. We had an excellent experience with the concierge Katherina. She was extremely knowledgeable and able to look up immediately opening time for attractions and the like. She explained the tram system so we could get to the castle, ordered us a car for the trip to the airport and offered a lot of other good advice and tips. Probably the best concierge at any hotel of this trip.

The room we had was a corner room and ample for two adults and one child. The decor was nothing special, beige basically, but the room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. Bathroom had only one sink and the bathtub had a high step in; I would hesitate to recommend this for an older traveler.

The hotel staff seemed intent on recommending a restaurant called Celnice which is right around the corner from the Hilton. We were very disappointed in the place as it was filled with cigarette smoke and the service was exceptionally poor. The food was okay, nothing special.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review of our hotel with the fellow travelers.

I gladly read that our location and facilities met your expectations and you fully enjoyed our beautiful city and its attractions.

I appreciate very much your feedback about my colleague Katarina from the Concierge team and I am happy to learn she took an excellent care of you. I will proudly share your words with her as well as the rest of the hotel's team.

I regret to learn that our recommendations of close-by restaurant was not an enjoyable experience. Our Concierge team bases their recommendations on our guests' feedback as well as their own experience at the venue. It is apparent from your feedback that something must have changed with this particular restaurant and we shall take it off from our recommendation list until we check it deeply and are convinced again, that we can recommend it to our guests. Furthermore we will share your feedback with the restaurant's management for their review and further consideration. We are very sorry that this recommendation somehow spoiled your overall experience of Prague! In the occasion of your next visit to Prague, please feel free to reach out to me directly on miroslav.pijak@hilton.com and I will prepare a list of suggested restaurants / diners according to your requirements, ensuring your as well as your family satisfaction.

Warm greetings from the team at Hilton Prague Old Town,