“Great Location, Exvellent Service”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #93 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Location, Exvellent Service”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed twice in this hotel last month when I was on business trips to Prague. The first thing I can day is that it's a hotel that's not only great for business trips but also if you are a tourist visiting Prague. Being in the old town, it is close to most tourist attractions. There are excellent restaurants all around. There is even a shopping mall (Palladium) in close vicinity. The metro and tram stations couldn't be nearer. What else would any visitor need?

The rooms and bathrooms are elegantly done. Breakfast buffet has a sufficiently good variety. The staff are pleasant to interact with and always around to help. Wifi was free in my plan, but I am not sure if that applies to everyone.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Prague.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tewari_S
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying again in Hilton Prague Old Town during your business trip to the Czech Republic and for your interesting feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the high quality service provided by our Team and you enjoyed breakfast and our central location. I have shared your comments with the whole Team, and all were delighted.
Thank you again for your kind feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back during your next visit to Prague.

Warmest regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The very inexpensive ($7.50/person) and convenient Cedaz shuttle from the airport practically delivers you to the door of the Hilton Prague Old Town. We stayed at this hotel for five nights and had access to the Executive Lounge as Diamond members.

Our room was spacious, comfortable, and had everything we needed. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the Old Town Square, Jewish Quarter, and Charles Bridge. The tram stops on the block next to the hotel made it very convenient to get to the castle district, and also to the see Mucha's "Slav Epic" at the National Gallery. Otherwise, we walked everywhere.

The Executive Lounge was well-stocked with beverages. Hot appetizers and liquor are served from 6-8pm. The food quality is average with the offerings being about the same every day. We chose to have the broader selection of the breakfast buffet in the restaurant.

The staff was friendly and responsive. The concierges in the lobby and in the Executive Lounge were all very good. We are grateful to Front Office Manager, Mr. Miroslav Pijak, for seeing to our room upgrade and early check-in. We would definitely stay at this hotel again when returning to Prague.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to avoid noise from the street at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Sir, dear Madam

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic and for sharing with us your experience.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you remained highly satisfied with our location, comfort of your guestroom, Executive lounge facilities and the service provided by our Team members across the hotel and in the Concierge Team. I will certainly share your positive comments with all my colleagues.
I also would like to mention, that it was a pleasure for me to contribute to your enjoyable stay and I have to thank you for the delicious chocolate present. The whole Team was amazed by the excellent taste of the chocolate and nuts combination.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in our property also in the future.
Warm regards from the Hilton Prague Old Town Team,

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in May. The hotel is in a great location nearby the main train station and Old Town. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The best part: the staff in the Executive Lounge. I've stayed at many Hilton properties and the staff here was far and away the best I've encountered. During breakfast it was almost like table service at an American restaurant. They made coffee for us. They brought us drinks during cocktail hour. They provided great, non-touristy, restaurant recommendations and even running routes through the parks across the river. Fantastic hospitality.

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was a pleasure for us in Hilton Prague Old Town hotel to host your May visit of our city and I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice feedback. I am happy to note that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and in particular the service offered by our Executive Lounge Team. We are looking forward to hopefully welcome you soon back to Prague..

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My family recently spent 3 amazing days and nights in Prague and stayed at the lovely Hilton Prague Old Town. First, the location is wonderful. It was right down the street from a great Czech Restaurant and outdoor market. It was a short walk to the Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, and the Historical Jewish Quarter. The rooms were very spacious and clean. We aren't big breakfast eaters, but the hotel provided croissants and fresh coffee in the lobby for free every morning. It was a great on the go quick breakfast. The concierges were very helpful. It was my mother's birthday and the hotel sent free champagne and strawberries to the room. We didn't even tell them that it was her birthday and somehow when we got back, it was magically there. We were blown away! The hotel bar was also our nightly getaway after long sightseeing days. We had the same waitress, Barbora, all three nights and she was wonderful! She really made our last night in the bar special and was so welcoming.

I know this is a lot of random thoughts. In summary, the Hilton Prague Old Town was beautiful, clean, and VERY welcoming.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for using facilities and service of Hilton Prague Old Town hotel during your family visit to Prague. We are very proud that you enjoyed our location, comfort of the bed room and Zinc Lounge & Bar facilities. Your praise of Barbora makes us all feel inspired and very grateful and we all are happy, we contributed to the nice birthday celebration of your mother. We also appreciate your high recommendation of our great city and hotel’s facilities.

Looking forward to welcome you back and kindest regards from Barbora and the entire team,

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights, fab hotel, lovely staff, breakfasts good too.
Rooms spacious, very comfortable beds and pillows, and fluffy towels, didn't want to get up.
Ideal location for sightseeing, must have comfortable shoes at all times, heels not practicable with all the cobbled roads and walkways.
Weather was raining and cold when we arrived, so we hit a fan bar with glass exterior and heaters. Obviously in and around the touristy places the drinks and food was dearer, but there are so many little alleyways with tables and brollies that were quaint and much less.
The castle is a must, but beware mega, mega steps, my calves are aching 2 days later & I'm a gym bunny.
The only thing that disappointed me there was the lack of English information around the castle, we would have liked a tour, but they were all full, and they only had German & Italian audio equipment, but we only saw 6 people with audio.
Charles Bridge was about 30/35
min stroll away, but the buildings , street cafés, eateries, gift shops, shopping, we loved it.
Would love to come back.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank YorkshireLass2013
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for you stay at Hilton Prague Old Town, and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on the Hotel facilities and service provided by the Team.
I was delighted to read your kind comments and I am pleased you had a nice stay.

Our aim is to ensure high guests satisfaction and we are therefore happy you remained satisfied with everything. I will be proud to share your comments with the entire Hotel Team, acknowledgements such as yours are of a great motivation to the Team.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights as an add-on to a river cruise. The hotel is in a great location and the staff was very helpful. The hotel must have smoking as well as non-smoking floors because we could smell the smoke in our room and coming through the vents. No matter how we adjusted the air conditioning we couldn't get the room to cool down. It seems to be the trend for hotels to use duvet covers and heavy comforters as opposed to top sheets and blankets but it certainly reduces your options for coverage. You can be hot or uncovered! It also seemed petty to charge customers to use wifi in their rooms when it is free in the lobby and the other public spaces in the hotel. Breakfast was good and the dining room staff was very attentive. Location is great.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit of the Czech Republic, and for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay. It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, helpfulness of our Team and the central location of the hotel (only few minutes away from the most famous touristic sites).

On the other hand, let me please apologize for the issue with the smoke feeling in your room, rest assured we are following up your comments. I also would like to mention, we are always glad to adjust the bedding as per our guest request.

We are looking forward to hopefully welcome you soon back to Prague to take care of even more enjoyable stay.

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton Prague Old Town for a long weekend, and had a great time. The hotel was very nice; our room was good size, clean, and in great condition. The restaurant on the main floor was very good and served a nice breakfast that had eggs made to order, with plenty of additional selections and variety of foods. As a unique touch they even had a fresh honeycomb to get honey from.

If you have a room that allows access to the exec lounge, the hotel has a very nice one on the eighth floor, which also serves breakfast, or light snacks & drinks in the evening.

We really enjoyed the location of the hotel, which was a short walk to the Old Town Square, and therefore an easy walk to anything we wanted to visit in Old Town, including the Astronomical Clock, the Charles Bridge, and even the Prague Castle (we walked down the hill). Everything is within easy walking access.

The staff at the hotel that we dealt with; front desk, concierge, waiters, and exec lounge staff were all very friendly and spoke good English. They took care of all our needs and requests, and really helped to make our trip very enjoyable.

We would recommend the hotel to others going to Prague for a leisure trip, and would return there ourselves if we get the opportunity to visit Prague again.

1 Thank MikeChippewa
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for staying in Hilton Prague Old Town and for your kind review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read, that you enjoyed our central location, that our facilities exceeded your expectations and you found our Team across the hotel friendly and efficient. I am looking forward to share your words with all my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm greetings from the team at Hilton Prague Old Town,