“Well-located hotel near Old Town”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #94 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We upgraded our room to the executive level per advice from another Trip Advisor review and were glad we did, as other travelers we met complained about small rooms looking at the wall next door, while we had a spacious room with two windows. The staff here was extremely helpful and courteous. We were tired when we arrived and opted for a light dinner in the bar and were surprised by how good the food was! It is a short walk to Old Town Square and other attractions, yet far enough from the busiest streets to be quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for deciding to spent your Prague visit with us at Hilton Prague Old Town and we appreciate your kind review.

I am certainly very pleased to learn you were completely satisfied with our facilities and service and we all are proud we contributed to your pleasant stay.

We will be very happy to have you staying with us again in not too distant future.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Prague Old Town

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Prague Old Town for our honeymoon, and I'm so glad we did. When we were in Prague, the weather reached more than 100 Degrees Fahrenheit, and we would have died without air conditioning. Although wifi isn't free in your room, it is free if you go down to the lobby. The lobby was full of river cruise representatives, as this appears to be the go to hotel for people either before or after their river cruises. The location is perfect as everything in Old Town is just steps away from the hotel. Walking through the gates into Old Town felt special. The food at the hotel is overpriced, but good. For breakfast, I recommend walking around the block to Cafe Imperial. Nearby (across the street, next to the Marriott) there is also a grocery store if you want to pick up some cheap snack or drinks for your room.

When we arrived all of the king beds were gone so they upgraded us to a suite as it was our honeymoon. Not sure what would have happened if we hadn't been on a special trip, but it worked out wonderfully for us.

I enjoyed a massage at the spa. This pricing was comparable to what you would expect at a nice hotel in the United States, and the quality was similar.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Megan R

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your honeymoon visit to the Czech Republic, and for taking the time to share with us your very kind feedback regarding your stay.
It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you liked our location, room upgrade offered, and service offered by our Team. I am happy that we contributed to your enjoyable visit to Prague, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our property in the future.
Kind regards from Prague,

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed twice in this hotel last month when I was on business trips to Prague. The first thing I can day is that it's a hotel that's not only great for business trips but also if you are a tourist visiting Prague. Being in the old town, it is close to most tourist attractions. There are excellent restaurants all around. There is even a shopping mall (Palladium) in close vicinity. The metro and tram stations couldn't be nearer. What else would any visitor need?

The rooms and bathrooms are elegantly done. Breakfast buffet has a sufficiently good variety. The staff are pleasant to interact with and always around to help. Wifi was free in my plan, but I am not sure if that applies to everyone.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Prague.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tewari_S

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying again in Hilton Prague Old Town during your business trip to the Czech Republic and for your interesting feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the high quality service provided by our Team and you enjoyed breakfast and our central location. I have shared your comments with the whole Team, and all were delighted.
Thank you again for your kind feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back during your next visit to Prague.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The very inexpensive ($7.50/person) and convenient Cedaz shuttle from the airport practically delivers you to the door of the Hilton Prague Old Town. We stayed at this hotel for five nights and had access to the Executive Lounge as Diamond members.

Our room was spacious, comfortable, and had everything we needed. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the Old Town Square, Jewish Quarter, and Charles Bridge. The tram stops on the block next to the hotel made it very convenient to get to the castle district, and also to the see Mucha's "Slav Epic" at the National Gallery. Otherwise, we walked everywhere.

The Executive Lounge was well-stocked with beverages. Hot appetizers and liquor are served from 6-8pm. The food quality is average with the offerings being about the same every day. We chose to have the broader selection of the breakfast buffet in the restaurant.

The staff was friendly and responsive. The concierges in the lobby and in the Executive Lounge were all very good. We are grateful to Front Office Manager, Mr. Miroslav Pijak, for seeing to our room upgrade and early check-in. We would definitely stay at this hotel again when returning to Prague.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to avoid noise from the street at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Sir, dear Madam

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic and for sharing with us your experience.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you remained highly satisfied with our location, comfort of your guestroom, Executive lounge facilities and the service provided by our Team members across the hotel and in the Concierge Team. I will certainly share your positive comments with all my colleagues.
I also would like to mention, that it was a pleasure for me to contribute to your enjoyable stay and I have to thank you for the delicious chocolate present. The whole Team was amazed by the excellent taste of the chocolate and nuts combination.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in our property also in the future.
Warm regards from the Hilton Prague Old Town Team,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in May. The hotel is in a great location nearby the main train station and Old Town. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The best part: the staff in the Executive Lounge. I've stayed at many Hilton properties and the staff here was far and away the best I've encountered. During breakfast it was almost like table service at an American restaurant. They made coffee for us. They brought us drinks during cocktail hour. They provided great, non-touristy, restaurant recommendations and even running routes through the parks across the river. Fantastic hospitality.

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was a pleasure for us in Hilton Prague Old Town hotel to host your May visit of our city and I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice feedback. I am happy to note that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and in particular the service offered by our Executive Lounge Team. We are looking forward to hopefully welcome you soon back to Prague..

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My family recently spent 3 amazing days and nights in Prague and stayed at the lovely Hilton Prague Old Town. First, the location is wonderful. It was right down the street from a great Czech Restaurant and outdoor market. It was a short walk to the Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, and the Historical Jewish Quarter. The rooms were very spacious and clean. We aren't big breakfast eaters, but the hotel provided croissants and fresh coffee in the lobby for free every morning. It was a great on the go quick breakfast. The concierges were very helpful. It was my mother's birthday and the hotel sent free champagne and strawberries to the room. We didn't even tell them that it was her birthday and somehow when we got back, it was magically there. We were blown away! The hotel bar was also our nightly getaway after long sightseeing days. We had the same waitress, Barbora, all three nights and she was wonderful! She really made our last night in the bar special and was so welcoming.

I know this is a lot of random thoughts. In summary, the Hilton Prague Old Town was beautiful, clean, and VERY welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for using facilities and service of Hilton Prague Old Town hotel during your family visit to Prague. We are very proud that you enjoyed our location, comfort of the bed room and Zinc Lounge & Bar facilities. Your praise of Barbora makes us all feel inspired and very grateful and we all are happy, we contributed to the nice birthday celebration of your mother. We also appreciate your high recommendation of our great city and hotel’s facilities.

Looking forward to welcome you back and kindest regards from Barbora and the entire team,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights, fab hotel, lovely staff, breakfasts good too.
Rooms spacious, very comfortable beds and pillows, and fluffy towels, didn't want to get up.
Ideal location for sightseeing, must have comfortable shoes at all times, heels not practicable with all the cobbled roads and walkways.
Weather was raining and cold when we arrived, so we hit a fan bar with glass exterior and heaters. Obviously in and around the touristy places the drinks and food was dearer, but there are so many little alleyways with tables and brollies that were quaint and much less.
The castle is a must, but beware mega, mega steps, my calves are aching 2 days later & I'm a gym bunny.
The only thing that disappointed me there was the lack of English information around the castle, we would have liked a tour, but they were all full, and they only had German & Italian audio equipment, but we only saw 6 people with audio.
Charles Bridge was about 30/35
min stroll away, but the buildings , street cafés, eateries, gift shops, shopping, we loved it.
Would love to come back.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank YorkshireLass2013
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for you stay at Hilton Prague Old Town, and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on the Hotel facilities and service provided by the Team.
I was delighted to read your kind comments and I am pleased you had a nice stay.

Our aim is to ensure high guests satisfaction and we are therefore happy you remained satisfied with everything. I will be proud to share your comments with the entire Hotel Team, acknowledgements such as yours are of a great motivation to the Team.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.

Kindest regards,