“Wonderful location! Excellent staff but be aware there are smokers everywhere”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #97 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Dresden is a beautiful city and the Hilton has one of the best locations. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The food quality was great. The only thing I did not enjoy was as a country, people are allowed to smoke almost everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your stay in our city.

It was indeed very nice to read your feedback regarding your recent stay and we all are happy that you had an enjoyable time with us.

I thank you again for taking the time to share your comments about our property, and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,381)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is close to everything in Old Town. It's also close to the main train station. This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel and received the same excellent level of service. All the staff listens to what you're needing. There are numerous things to do within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for deciding to spent again your second Prague visit with us at Hilton Prague Old Town and we appreciate your kind review.

I am certainly very pleased to learn you were completely satisfied with our facilities and service.

We will be very happy to have you staying with us again in not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel was lovely. It was well kept and offered a light complimentary breakfast of croissants, fruit, and coffee. The location was convenient and the staff friendly. Within walking distance to most of the major visitor attractions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Old Town and sharing your nice comments with us.

We understand how important is good service and quality to our guest therefore I gladly read, that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of hotel’s location and service provided by the Team.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards from the Golden city of Prague,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

A Very best hotel in Old town Prague!
Hotel is in great location, airport express bus dropped me only a min away from hotel, very easy to find.
People were at front desk was very polite, nice and willing to help.
My room was great, nice size, comfy bed, good size bathroom with great amenity.
As a Hiltom Gold member, they put me in a clubroom and also gave me a pass to use Hilton lounge, the lounge was very nice, it was not that big but had full bar and nice this and that snacks.
Breakfast was good too (could be better but still good).
The day that I had to check out, my train to Warsaw was leaving from Prague at 11PM, so I asked front desk, if I can do late check out, guess what? they let me have the room till 9:30PM, Wow! What a treat!
I love Prague and Hilton old town Prague made my stay in Prague even more enjoyable and special
Yes, I would recommend this great hotel to you, my friend and family .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Prague Old Town Hotel. It is a pleasure to learn we have exceeded all your expectations and also that we had availability to extend your check out to the desired and for your convenient time.

I will share your comments with all my colleagues and I would like to assure you that positive comments like yours are very much appreciated.

I am sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I recently returned from a 4 night break in Prague. Fabulous city and the Hilton was a perfect spot for exploring from. Based in the old town, its conveniently located a short walk from the shops, bars, restaurants and attractions, but well away from any noise or revellers.
When landing in Prague, We stumbled on a minibus pick up directly outside the airport (turn right as you exit the main departures). This bus runs every half hour and drops off at one stop in the centre of Prague but is a bargain at 300 CZK for 2 of us (less than £10). We took a chance on this as we couldnt understand which bus to catch and heard taxis are a rip off. Completely unbeknown to us the bus actually stops just outside the Hilton hotel in the old town. We didnt have a clue and stepped off the bus to see our hotel right there. Absolute bonus but total fluke!!
Check in was very friendly, polite and informative. We had upgraded to an exec room as we had read about the access to the exec lounge. This was well worth it.
Our room was clean, modern, a good space and only 2 doors from the exec lounge! We had access to the internet and a printer which was really useful when researching or booking things to do. We ate breakfast here every morning as it was nice and quiet and although had a smaller choice of breakfast options, it had everything you needed from toast, cereal, yoghurts and fresh fruit and a small hot selection of eggs and sausages. Of an evening between 6-8.30pm there were top shelf alcohol and beers to help yourself to as well as hot and cold snacks. A lovely way to start our evening before going for a meal and drinks. The waiting staff were lovely too.
We used the gym daily in the hotel, which was modern and well equipped with a good selection of cardio, weights and each machine had their own tv to plug into.
On our return home, we went back to our little mini bus outside the hotel to be taken back to the airport.
Overall, a great hotel, perfect base, well worth the upgrade and conveniently located to the centre of Prague Old Town, and of course that mini bus! Would definitely recommend and definitely return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Exec Suite, well worth it for the access to the Exec lounge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rbls15

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and recommendation with fellow travelers. .

It was a pleasure to read that you and your husband enjoyed the advantages of our central location, speed and efficiency of the check-in process and our health club facilities. I appreciate also your comment about Executive lounge and the service offered there.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, ensuring you spend yet another fully enjoyable time.

Truly Yours,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel is located in the heart of the old city.
I went for a business trip and had a meeting next to it, what was the main reason for booking this hotel. I arrived before midnight and they did not have the room for me. They sent me to other Hilton (which is located 700 meters away). Despite this unfortunate fact, they went over the limit and offer all possible compensations (executive suite and breakfast, morning complimentary taxi, etc). The very next morning I re-checked-in to this hotel and the service was excellent. I've got an upgrade again to executive suite, complimentary internet, executive lounge access, some food as a give was waiting in my room etc.

Overall, the hotel is nice. Room was clean, everything worked just fine. Location is excellent, especially for the sightseeing travelers.

Overbooking may happen, however they did their best for me to feel comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are choosing between two Prague's Hiltons, select the one in old city center. It is small...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vrusnak

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the nice review that you posted on this travellers’ platform.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed our central location, comfort of the room and service of our Team. I will proudly share your words with my Front Desk team, as well as all my hotel colleagues.

I also understand that moving to another hotel could be unpleasant and therefore I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused with this move. It was unfortunate, beyond our control event which gave us no other choice rather than offering the option of relocating guests to our sister property Hilton Prague. We always try to make it as painless as possible for our guests by offering same level accommodation with upgrade to the Executive Lounge, and I am very happy to note that we have met your expectations by the move but also after returning to our property next day.

Whenever you decide to return back to Prague, we will look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Prague Old Town.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Prague Old Town hotel this past weekend, and I absolutely loved this hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel, I checked in very quickly with the friendly and efficient receptionists. It was at this point that I found out I was upgraded to a suite, which made me pretty happy. I was helped up to my room with my suitcase (although I really didn't need this service, I still found it nice). The room was huge! There was a king size bed and a chair/table, dresser and TV in the "bedroom" portion. In a separate smaller room was a desk, an easy chair/ottoman and another TV. Then there was the closet area (room) and the bathroom with tub/shower combo. It was very nice, and very clean. Breakfast was wonderful with a large selection (hot/cold). I also had room service, and it was quick and very tasty. The lobby, bar, restaurant area on the ground floor was very nice. Location couldn't be too much better, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the Old Town and many tourist sites. All around, I will definitely stay at this Hilton again when visiting Prague.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Teddi B

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your weekend visit of the Czech Republic, and for taking the time to give us such a nice feedback regarding your stay. It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, and the central location of the hotel (only few minutes away from the most famous touristic sites) and service offered by my Front Desk Team. We are looking forward to hopefully welcome you soon back to Prague.
Kindest regards,