Hilton Prague Old Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
3,432 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeold townzinc restaurantgreat locationhilton praguewithin walking distancecorner roomcharles bridgeriver cruiserepublic squaretrain stationcar servicepowder towerastronomical clockexcellent hotelmajor attractionsfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2009

Landed late in Prague and reached the hotel roundabout 22.HRS, when the guy at the reception asked me about my choice for smoking or non-smoking, I just asked for one with a view and in any case I do not smoke. I was in for a nasty surprise when my room overlooked a inner court-yard that was slightly dingy and from my past experience having stayed on many occasions in a smoking room, this one smelt pretty badly of tobacco, even the bed-spreads and pillow covers. Of-course the hotel had no other options for that night, so I managed to open the big window a little and slept awfully. The next day the hotel ,managed a different room, but all rooms in my opinion were not done up very well. The hotel had only one restaurent in operation, I only tried breakfast, wherin the choices offered were alright. The location a 5.min walk to the Old Market Square is useful. The staffs too could be a little more polite and helpful. Overall in this location, the Marriott hotel, just across offers superior services atleast in terms of food and service.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank Vishnuvardan
Reviewed 3 June 2009

I’m wondering if you book and pay up well in advance to get a good deal whether you become the poor relation of a hotel’s guests. Our room at the Hilton, Prague Old Town with its stained carpet offered enough hangers for one person (4) and enough shampoo, conditioner, shower gel etc for one person. Two shower caps though! The smart Cuisinart coffee maker provided no coffee pods and on visiting reception (the phone call was unanswered) we were told that we would have to use the sachets of instant coffee (only two provided, so that’s one each) and the machine could also be used for hot water to make tea – you have to like coffee-flavoured tea though. A note was left for housekeeping the next morning asking for more coffee and they left 8 sachets of decaffeinated! A further note asking for proper coffee resulted in just two sachets again. In the evenings one small bottle of water was delivered – to share!
The plus sides of the Hilton in Prague Old Town are its excellent position and the wonderfully comfortable beds. But the housekeeping was very hit and miss. For days, the console table opposite our lift had, nestled amongst the pot plant, a tea bag, a used cotton ear bud and a prostitute’s business card. The day we left, the tea bag and the cotton bud were still there but the card had been taken!

2  Thank jospanner
Reviewed 2 June 2009

When looking for hotels in Prague, we found many boutique options in Old Town. We wanted something more affordable and larger, and found the Hilton Old Town. If you are used to the Hilton experience, this won't disappoint. It's less than a 10 minute walk to Old Town Square/Astronomical Clock, and steps away from the underground station. Great location, quiet atmosphere, helpful and polite staff and concierge. IWhen booking this hotel, if you can find the rate that includes breakfast I would recommend that.

1  Thank Kmitch44
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Our trip started out well, we were travelling with others and the hotel put us both on the same floor. The problem started when we had a air-conditioning problem. The system would make a terrible loud noise and kept me awake most of the night, when I told them in the morning, the staff was not apologetic and stated they would send someone up to have a look. When we came back later around lunchtime, the issue had still not been sorted out. Later still in the afternoon I rung down to ask when the problem was going to be sorted, I was told that they couldn't fix the problem and half heartedly offered to move us to another room. We were moved to a much smaller room (smaller bed too) without a nice outside view and it smelt funny/musty (Don’t stay in 702). I was really a bit miffed at the smell, but really couldn't be bothered to complain about it as they were less than friendly when moving us in the first place.

Other than that the rooms were nicely decorated and with comfy beds, and the breakfast was lovely everyday with a good rage of food. The location is great for exploring the old town, and is super close to the metro station for going beyond the old town.
Generally not a bad experience, however I felt the room issues could have been dealt with a bit better.

1  Thank Philippa D
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I visited Prague for 3 days in July 2006. This hotel was very good value. Rooms were spacious, and up to North American size standards. The location was very convenient, across from a grocery store and bistros, and a 10-minute walk to the old town and Charles Bridge. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was hectic and service slow diring these peak hours. Airport transfer by Mercedes car was efficient and the concierge was helpful and knowledgeable about places in the old town. Note that this hotel was the Renaissance Prague when I stayed here; it is now apparently a Hilton.

The only drawback was the crowding in the lobby during my visit -- many tour groups had arrived at the same time, and I think management could have done a better job at traffic and noise control in the public spaces within the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo