“Brilliant Value”

Ranked #128 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Dublin
“Brilliant Value”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Hotel Savoy is a smart choice for active travellers who want to spend time in Prague.
I stayed at the Hotel for a week while seeing sights and exploring prague and would recommend it to anyone who is hoping to spend time in Prague doing the same. The hotel provides everything needed for a comfortable bed and breakfast, and while I would recommend it again, I would advise you keep an active schedule as the hotel is not one you would enjoy hanging around.

Positives:
- Reasonable prices (I booked on lastminute.com)
- Incredibly generous free breakfast with brilliant variation (hot, cold, pastry, sweets, fruit etc.)
- Bath and shower facilities
- Excellent location; far enough away from large crowds, very close to scenic views, castle and tramline
-Free WIFI

Needs Improvement:
- Rooms need redecorating; television is out of date/ only two English channels, furniture is worse for wear.
-The "Relax Centre" is not very relaxing; staff members should not be sitting around on their laptops in the main area, equipment needs fixing (there are other facilitates that are not offered to guests), and updating.
- While rooms are turned down daily, sheets need to be cleaned more regularly which were not done for us despite leaving the sign on the room.
- Associated restaurant either has to offer a higher calibre of food or reduce prices; the current menu is resulting in an empty dining hall with a dead atmosphere.

Room Tip: The front desk sells tram tickets if youre in a pinch! There is a local store down the road for 24 h...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Iva N, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Cailine,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Savoy for your stay while in Prague.

We highly appreciate your feedback.

We are happy to hear the many positive points and will certainly work on those you've suggested to be improved.

Many thanks again and we hope to welcome you back again one day...

Kind Regards to Dublin,

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were extremely nervous about booking 40 rooms for over 100 people from all over the world (US Australia, Denmark, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Czech Republic etc. for a 3 day wedding extravaganza weekend in Prague but this hotel was the absolute perfect choice. The staff was TRULY amazing. I really can't speak highly enough of everyone.

They accommodated every single guest and were helpful with all requests - small and big.
The breakfast was extremely impressive and including in the price.
At night there was beautiful piano music playing for the guests using the bar.
They kept the bar open later then usual to ensure all our guests were able to finish the night in the company of friends.

Being one of the grooms it was such a pleasure talking to all of our friends and family about their stay because they all loved it.

To be honest no review of this hotel will actually give them the credit they deserve.

They helped make our wedding weekend truly spectacular for everyone

The hotel was also added to our wedding video

We will for sure be back and do everything possible to send more friends and family your way.
Thank you Hotel Savoy.

Your Sincerely
The newlyweds Jirka & Rasmus

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank RasmusD
Iva N, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Jirka and Rasmus,

It truly has been an honor for us to help your wedding day become an unforgettable one. We are pleased that we have met your expectations and ideas. From our heart we wish your family the best of luck and we are looking forward to your next Prague visit.

Team members of Hotel Savoy
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Golden Tulip Savoy Hotel in Prague is simply amazing - the food in the restaurant is superb, the staff are incredibly helpful and the ambience is utterly luxurious. A special mention of Sara and Jan on reception who made us feel so welcome and the chef Petr, who made us a meal we will never forget. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: The number 22 tram stops right outside the hotel and it's just 4 stops to the centre of town in...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1982Amanda
Iva N, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Amand,

on behalf of the entire team at Hotel Savoy I´d like to thank you for your wonderful review and we are truly happy that your stay was enjoyable and our staff made you feel so welcome! We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel Savoy in the future.

With best regards from sunny Prague,

Sales & Marketing
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed there for four nights in July. Room spacious and clean. Breakfast fantastic a choice of cooked or continental. Did not use the bar as it was very dark and uninviting. Staff very attentive . It was my husbands 60th birthday when we were there and a bottle of champagne and chocolate was delivered to our room, they must have found this out from our passports as we had not said anything. Very near the castle a wee bit out of the centre, of Prague but an excellent tram service at the front door, which runs until just after midnight.Brilliant hotel all round. Would recommend it and would return

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lyn R
Dear Lyn,

Many thanks for your very kind review. We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and glad we could help make your husband's Bday a bit more special with the Birthday suprise!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Our best wishes to United Kingdom,

San Diego
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am sitting in a room at the Hotel Savoy right now on a Friday night. I knew immediately that there was something wrong with the air conditioning, but I waited for an hour or so to see if the room would cool down slowly. Nope. I call the desk and they say they will check it out. The verdict? You cannot possibly be hot sir. You are wrong. Turn the A/C off for an hour or two and that will fix it. Really, that is what they said. So, I did and turned it back on. I am now sitting in a pool of sweat and they don't care. Hotel is way past it's prime. Getting rooms here was a terrible mistake. Unfortunately, I prepaid so no refund. I can sleep just about anywhere as long as the room is cool. This hotel is a gold plated travesty. Run...don't walk away from your reservation. See hotel staff? I do have a say. Judging from the empty restaurant and the pianist playing "Misty" others have passed judgment also. I will get no sleep for two nights.

Room Tip: If you want a good room...don't come here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Powell55
Iva N, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Savoy for your recent stay in Prague.

We appreciate your feedback and deeply regret you have met with the technical failure of AC on Friday night. I trust that lending of a fan has at least slightly helped cooling your room till Saturday's fixing.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the temporary inconvenience caused.

Kind regards to San Diego,

Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Aldie, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights here in an executive room, room 804. It was huge! Average on the cleanliness. Complimentary breakfast, ok. It was not too far from the castle and very close to the montasory. The tram is right out the front door. However if you are walking be prepared to be hiking down & up the huge hill. It takes about 30 min to get to the Charles Bridge. Overall though it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Dlb0306
Tereza P, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Hotel Savoy during your recent stay in Prague.

We are so happy to hear your have enjoyed the room, our services and overall had a pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards to Virginia,

Tereza Puri
Sales & Marketing Manager
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for my 60th birthday on the 26th June 2014 with my daughter. First impression upon walking in was the dark bottle green paintwork everywhere inside which made the place look very drab and dark. Especially the bar area was very dark and really needed lighting up. The bedroom was very spacious with everything you could possibly need, i.e. large wardrobe with ample coat hangers with a safe in. There were two towelling robes and two packets of slippers also in the wardrobe. There was a mini bar and tv. The bathroom was excellent all in marble with a bath and separate shower. The toilet was on its own in a separate room. The only thing I could fault with this room was I was woken up at 6am every morning to the chimes of a church or clock. One chime on the quarter hour, two chimes on the half hour, 3 chimes on the three quarter hour and 6 chimes on the hour for 6am, 7 for 7am etc. Once woken at 6am could not get back to sleep with them going off. Breakfast in the morning was average. There was cereal, yoghurt, fruits but the hot stuff like eggs, bacon, sausages were barely warm and I must admit I do like my food hot. There was also assorted breads, pastries too. There was a separate breakfast menu with omelets etc. but you had to pay extra for that. So all in all the only thing I could fault was the chimes going off and waking me up and tea and coffee was not replenished daily. I had to go down and ask at reception for some more and they told me to go to the bar and ask there. When I asked was it not replenished daily they just said no. Also the holiday company I booked it with put on the booking confirmation that it was my 60th birthday whilst there and could they do something special for me but sadly nothing was done at all. Would have been nice for just a bottle of wine or fruit to have been left in the bedroom just to acknowledge it but nothing. My summing up of this hotel is it is very clean and all you could want but does need livening up a lot as the bottle green paint everywhere does not give a good impression. Also if you want a hotel in the heart of the old town then no good as you have to take a tram to get there but not far from the castle. Not a bad hotel just spruce it up a bit to make it look bright and cheerful.

Room Tip: Don't get room 608 on the sixth floor if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tereza P, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Pam,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Savoy for your recent stay in Prague.

We appreciate your feedback and value your honest comments even on the few points evaluated as negative as it helps us work on the improvement of the particular areas.

Thank you again & Kind regards to the UK,