“Great Stay!”

Ranked #28 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel is simply hassle free, enjoyable and an easy stay. We stayed here for four nights and found the rooms to be spacious, well lit and comfortable. We loved the breakfast room with its natural lighting and enjoyable breakfast selection. The room service was reasonably priced and tasty. The hotel is an awesome position only 5mins walk to old town square. This hotel is a great choice for a stay in Prague.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MaximilianHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Maximilian Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear ABelchy,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor! We are really happy to know that you had a great time here and that you liked so many aspects of your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again at the Maximilian Hotel!

Andrea Járvás

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Perfect location: really close to the historic center and lots of possibilities to go out for dinner or to drink something. Nevertheless it is a quiet street and there wasn’t any noise at night. The hotel is located in an old building, but the interior is modern and stylish.
Their breakfast is really, really good. And they pay a lot of attention to small details: every morning you have a little sheet of paper at your breakfast table which gives you the weather forecast of the day.
They have free wifi and a free computer in the lobby, so we could even print our online tickets for the plane there.
The staff was helpful and friendly.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear kaffeeanne_87,

Thank you so much for your positive review and also for having chosen the Maximilian Hotel for your stay in Prague.
We truly appreciate your kind feedback about all the small details you liked here and we hope to see you again!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

After several weeks of deciding where to go to for a weekend break to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we finally chose Prague. I did the usual then of reading through all the hotel reviews a Maximillian Hotel just stood out for two reason a) looked fab and b) great price.

I booked directly with the hotel and chose the offer of 3 nights stay for the price of 2 and then with the saving made booked the Zensation spa at the in house Zen spa. Due to it being our wedding anniversary I'd been in touch with the hotel to arrange for some flowers to be in the room as a surprise for my wife, the hotel did more than that and provided Champagne, Chocolate Truffles and Strawberries when we arrived, great touch and fab service.

We were given room 304 which has a view of the church in front of the hotel and we also opted to have a goldfish in our room or Milo as it was known. All the staff at the hotel were superb and dealt with any type of query we may have had either about the hotel or the city itself.

We had the breakfast each day of our stay which we must say the choice was brilliant, cereal, fresh fruit, continental cheeses, hams, smoked salmon and breads, hot breakfast and a special menu where you could also select special smoothies, pancakes etc.

The location is great, only few minutes walk to Old Town Square and has a bars and restaurants en-route, saying that if you were tired on an evening you could quite easily eat and drink and venues within a stones throw or use the hotels honesty bar if you want a pre bedtime drink.

We loved our weekend break and choosing this hotel certainly helped with that. The next time we go to Prague we will definitely chose Maximilian Hotel again and recommend it to any friends visiting the city

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MaximilianHotel, General Manager at Maximilian Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear CheekyRed,

I would like to thank you for posting your fantastic review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Maximilian Hotel.
It was my pleasure to read your detailed feedback; your kind words have been forwarded to our entire team.
I look forward to seeing you for a future stay again!

Manfred Tobolka
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I selected Maximilian Hotel based on past TA reviews & I was very pleased! The rooms are comfortable & spacious (for Europe). The addition of the goldfish to the room was a very special touch! The breakfast in the morning was superb....plenty of options! The location was ideal being just a short walk to the astronomical clock area. Free Wifi also added to the convenience of the property. Overall, I would highly recommend Maximilian!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank dmbgal
MaximilianHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Maximilian Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear dmbgal,

Thank you for recommending the Maximilian Hotel on TripAdvisor.
We are really glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here and found so many aspects to your liking.
We look forward to seeing you again!

NYCJulie
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I will stay here any time I come to prague! It is in a great location, a few minutes walk from the center of old town. The staff was very helpful, they called the airport for us (twice) when our luggage was lost. The free breakfast is probably the best free breakfast I have ever had, there is a room with free coffee, tea and snacks, free water and tea in the lobby, free wifi and a free computer in the lobby. The room was very comfortable and very clean. The hotel is an old building, but renovated to be very modern. I dont have a single negative comment about this hotel and cannot say enough good things about it. I absolutely loved it!

1 Thank NYCJulie
Dear NYCJulie,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful comment on our TripAdvisor page.
It was great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Maximilian Hotel and we truly appreciate your kind comments regarding all the features you liked here.
We would be happy to see you again any time you come back to Prague!

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Maximillian's strong points are it's excellent central and cozy location right in Josefov in the old town. From here you can walk just about anywhere in the center if walking is not a problem for you. Otherwise, trams are just a couple of blocks away and the nearest metro stations are roughly a 5 minute walk. I've made over 15 trips to Prague and have tried almost as many hotels, apartments, etc, mainly I because I work with tourism and enjoy trying out different hotels. During the winter, especially at Christmas time, I prefer to stay right in the old town because it's simply more cozy (not to mention when there's a layer of snow everywhere and brightened by charming Christmas decorations).
The second strong point for Maximillian is their breakfast. It's not the best breakfast I've ever had, but it is excellent. Especially their specials of the day, such as blueberry pancakes or french toast etc. The smoothies are also a nice touch.
The rooms are good, but not as good as they could be. The first night I stayed in a regular room, but upgraded to a superior room for the remaining three nights. The Bose ipod docking station is very nice to have, as is the Nespresso machine. For someone like me who always starts their day with three espresso's at home, it's nice to be able to have an espresso in your room without having to wait until breakfast. Having a little fish friend was actually more fun than I imagined.
The weaker points were the staff. They all seemed a bit 'machine' like. I realize they want to appear professional but being professional doesn't mean you can't show some personality either. Even after four nights there, I never felt the slightest connection with any of them. In fact I got to the point where walking through the reception area and the breakfast room were the least favorite aspects of staying there because they were just so stiff and impersonal. Another negative point was when I asked about upgrading the first night (after arriving into the first room), the guy at the front desk quite curtly asked me why I didn't book a superior room to start with if that's what I wanted.
Overall, I would still recommend Maximillian Hotel to other people because I feel it is an overall good hotel in a great location. But, since there are so many great hotels to choose from in Prague, I will probably try a different one when I go back in December, as I did this past July.

Room Tip: If a Nespresso machine and Bose docking station are important to you, upgrade to a Superior room, ot...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
MaximilianHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Maximilian Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear smokva,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write and post your review about the Maximilian Hotel.
We are delighted to know that you liked our location and amenities offered in the rooms.
Regarding your negative points, it is our aim to make our guests feel welcomed and provide service that is friendly but professional at the same time, therefore we were sorry to hear about your experience here.
We truly hope that you had a nice holiday in Prague.

Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My sister and I had an unbelievable stay here in August. The hotel is modern, clean, and new-looking. The room was a bit small but was perfect for our needs. It is just a few minutes walk to the Old Town Square. The service is what really stood out here. They helped us with whatever we asked for. Mike in particular was extremely helpful in giving us directions and making sure our stay went as smoothly as possible. Would most definitely recommend!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Tova L,

We were so happy to read your positive feedback about your stay at the Maximilian Hotel in August, thank you for posting it on TripAdvisor!
It makes us proud to know that you were satisfied with the location, service and liked so many features of the hotel, and we are especially grateful for your kind recognition of our staff.
We look forward to seeing you again!