“Wonderful hotel near the main square in Prague”
Review of Maximilian Hotel

Maximilian Hotel
Ranked #28 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful hotel near the main square in Prague”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Maximilian Hotel in Prague. I would highly recommend it. The room was well appointed and modern, with free WIFI and an espresso machine in the room. The sound insulation in the rooms is excellent, so we had a great nights sleep. The free breakfast is quite nice with a wide variety of options. What stood out the most, was the excellent customer service. From the moment we booked the reservations, they were in contact to see if we needed help with anything. That deep customer approach continued through our entire visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MaximilianHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Maximilian Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Paul M,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on our TripAdvisor page about your recent stay at the Maximilian Hotel!
We truly appreciate your wonderful comments about the service our team provided you with and also about other aspects you were satisfied with.
We are glad to know that you had a pleasant time in Prague and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back for a future stay!

Andrea Járvás

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Huntsville Al
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our stay at the Maximilian exceeded all superlatives. It started with a request for an early check-in, which we made a few days beforehand. As expected, we arrived at noon, and they cheerfully checked us directly our beautiful room without any delay whatsoever. The room was well-appointed, roomy (we got the 2nd level of room), and very elegant. They'd even provided a US/European plug converter in case it was needed. The room was quiet, well air-conditioned (and it is needed in June), and we took a nap since we'd left our previous location quite early. When we left for the afternoon, we saw a little sign asking if we wanted a goldfish, and so we said yes, and when we returned their was a beautiful aquarium with a large goldfish! In the afternoon, there was a lovely reception with coffee and cake, and a gentleman in the staff (sorry, can't think of his name!) was quite personable and really tried to get to know us. The next morning we discovered the absolutely incredible breakfast (included). Not only did it have all the standard buffet items, but they also offered tapa-sized made-to-order specialty items which were wonderful (e.g, special french toast, breakfast crepes, etc). Continuing with the royal treatment, I asked it there was a laundromat nearby, and was directed to one just around the corner. Unfortunately, the owner only spoke Czech, and I had some special instructions, so I asked the front desk if they would write out a small translation for me. This same gentleman on the staff instead offered to come with me and translate directly! And, last but not least, the hotel offered a "group-run" of about 5K one morning which I signed up for and enjoyed tremendously. The girl taking me on the run was the same one who had arranged the early check-in, so it seemed to be completion of the full-circle royal treatment. So if you haven't figured it out yet, I HEARTILY recommend that you stay at the Maximilian!!

Room Tip: We did enjoy getting the one step up for an extra 10 Euro, which has a couch and a sitting area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear GreeceStars,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay at the Maximilian Hotel. It is delightful to know that we could meet and exceed your expectations and we are proud that we managed to contribute to a memorable time in Prague.
Thank you also for mentioning all the aspects you were satisfied with, such as the possibility to check in earlier and the other little touches we add to our guests' stay to ensure a pleasant and enjoyable time in Prague.
We hope to see you again!

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I am/was a skeptic of the idea of boutique hotels, but I was convinced that it makes a difference after our 2 night stay at Maximilian Hotel. The service was very professional and friendly, the location was perfect and the breakfast excellent. Rooms are modern and well equipped (with a Nespresso machine!), personal greeting and good WiFi reception. Being able to order off the menu at breakfast including speciality coffees (all included) was a great plus although the buffet was more than sufficient! The location is great, many restaurants nearby and all major sites in the old town are within walking distance.
Only drawback is the hefty parking fee for the overnight parking garage (27 euros per night) but it seems parking in the old town is an issue.
The personalized service, location, food and small touches are appreciated and nice to experience again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear EmergencyExits,

Many thanks for providing us with your lovely review and positive feedback on our TripAdvisor page about your stay at the Maximilian Hotel. It makes us really happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities.
We also appreciate your feedback regarding parking - we understand that the price may seem a little high,although safe parking options in the center are difficult to find.
Thank you for your feedback once more and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for four days and I must say we enjoyed every minute of it. The airport transfer was very handy and it took around 20 minutes to get to the hotel. We stayed in a superior delux room. The hotel itself is very modern and is located around five minutes from the main square. Back to the room,on arrival there was 2 little cakes and strawberries in the room which I found to be a nice touch. There was also a nespresso machine and a reasonably priced mini bar in the room. The bed was also very comfy and you could reserve a goldfish for the room a quirky little touch.You could also rent dvds from reception free of charge.The breakfast in the morning was great! Firstly there was the option of the buffet breakfast with everything from fruit, cheese, cold meat, cereal, cakes, pastries and hot breakfast. There was also a menu available with other options such as pancakes or eggs benedict. I have to say I really enjoyed the breakfast every morning. There was also an honesty bar above reception which offered free tea/ coffee and cake throughout the day. I found all the staff to be very accommodating and helpful and whenever we needed tourist advice the people at reception did their very best to help us. Nothing seemed to be a problem and overall there was a very relaxed atmosphere in the hotel. If I come to prague again I will definitely be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MaximilianHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Maximilian Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear oriel7,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review on our TripAdvisor page!
It is really encouraging to read feedback like yours and we are grateful for your positive comments. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities and liked so many aspects of your stay with us, such as the location, our breakfast and the Honesty Bar.
We will be looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Brooklyn
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Most of the hotels I review get 4 or 5 stars because I extensively research each one. Maximilian Hotel was an absolute treat. From the moment Dalila (hope I spelled her name correctly) checked me in to the moment I left I could not have asked for a better experience. I arrived a couple of hours before check in time and luckily my room was ready (room 145). The room size was perfect for one person with plenty of space for all your clothing. The bathroom was larger than I normally see in Europe which was a pleasant surprise. Housekeeping did a great job and finished cleaning the room before noon. Every staff member was very helpful and always had a smile. The location is perfect with good restaurants within a few blocks. I celebrated a birthday while there and the hotel left a nice piece of cake and a bottle of champagne in the room after I returned from a day of sightseeing. I cannot say enough good things about the Maximilian Hotel. If you decide to go to Prague, and you should, stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Danny S
Dear Danny S,

A huge thank you for the wonderful feedback on our TripAdvisor page and also for having chosen the Maximilian Hotel for such a special occasion as a birthday celebration.
We truly appreciate all the positive comments about the aspects you appreciated here and we would especially like to thank you for the kind recognition of Dalila as well as the rest of team for their efficient service and attentiveness they provided you with to ensure a memorable experience in Prague.
We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel in July 2014 and had an excellent stay! Location was superb and within walking distance of old town square and most of the sites. Staff was very attentive, helpful and provided us with excellent service. I got lost walking back to the hotel the first evening. I called the hotel and the person volunteered and walked to get me from my location. Awesome service! They sent a goldfish as a pet to our room for my son. He loved it!! Breakfast was great with lot of good choices! Staff recommended very good vegetarian restaurant (Maitrea) to us. We had an early morning train on the last day and we were given well-packed breakfast on-the-go! Overall, very happy with our stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MaximilianHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Maximilian Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear travelworld108,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedabck with us and other readers on TripAdvisor!
We are really grateful for your wonderful comments about how much you enjoyed your stay at the Maximilian Hotel. It is also nice to know that you were satisfied with the service our team provided you with. We are so glad to know as well that you appreciated when one of our colleagues assisted you with getting back to the hotel and also that your son enjoyed the company of our Goldfish.
It would be our greatest pleasure to see you again in Prague!

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The location is perfect for exploring central Prague on foot. Easy access using the airport shuttle, and easy walking distance to old town square and everything else, yet the street is quiet. Very comfortable room and great breakfast, reliable Wifi. All you need really! And a goldfish in the room on top of that!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ML123991
Dear ML123991,

We would like to thank you for leaving the above reveiw on our TripAdvisor page as well as for having chosen us in Prague!
It is lovely to know that you liked our location, room, WiFi connection, breakfast and our Goldfish.
We look forward to seeing you again!