“Suberb. Service and hospitality great.”
Review of Maximilian Hotel

Maximilian Hotel
Ranked #27 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Loved the hotel. Honesty bar teriffic. Breakfast -sustaining.Try the elixir! Central to all places of interest.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank brittoncatherine
maximilianhotel, Manager at Maximilian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

Thank you for your review and comments about Maximilian Hotel. Our morning elixer is a big hit and a great way to get you going for the day. Glad to hear you were also able to take advantage of our honesty bar. We hope to see you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,540)

Reviewed 14 December 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights at the end of November, travelled to Prague for the Xmas market, whilst I was rather disappointed with the market the hotel definitely made up for it. Location was super. In a quiet spot but just minutes from the buzz of Old Town Square and huge shopping centre - Pallidium.
Bedroom was a great size, the bed was a real double and the pillows were massive. Loads of shelf space in the bathroom to spread the make up on. Shower gel and body lotion provided has a gorgeous fig scent.
Our room was situated right beside the stairs and behind the lift and we thought this would be rather noisy - proven very wrong. Husband thought it was the quietest hotel we'd ever stayed in and at times you wondered if there was anyone else there.
Hot chocolate and cookies were available at reception until around 7pm along with a selection for "fancy" waters.
Staff were friendly and courteous. Breakfast was great with different hot specials to choose from in the mornings or set fayre of eggs in various guises, pancakes, smoothie.
Would definitely stay again and totally recommend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank smaft

Thank you for your review and kind comments about Maximilian Hotel. Our location is unique as it is so close to Old Town Square, but at the same time in such a quiet neighborhood. I am glad you also enjoyed our water bar and were able to sample waters from around the world. We hope to once again be able to welcome you to Maximilian Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2010

This Hotel deserves 5 stars, not just 4! It's amazing: only 5 minutes (and this is not an idiomatic expression) from the Old Town Square and from the big shopping center "Palladium", absolutely clean, perfectly reachable by car. The breakfast is awesome, rich and tasty. A lot of services are offered, the staff is very friendly. There are two nice relaxing areas, a free coffee machine in your room, a free wi-fi connection in your room, a zen wellness center.
The parking is the only flaw: very small and expensive, but good thing there is one (it's very difficult to find in Prague1)! I suggest to reserve a place some weeks before if you need to leave the car.
I absolutely recommend the Maximilian Hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laliluna

Thank you for such a fantastic review and that you think we should be a 5 star hotel. Our goal is to provide 5 star service and amenities at a 4 star price. Glad you enjoyed your Nespresso coffee machine in your superior room. Hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

We stayed for 4 nights on October 2010. The staff were very professional and helpful. Our room was spacious, clean, modern and very comfortable.
The room service was excellent and the quality of food and beverages was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cammy44
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The good stuff:

Reasonable price, great location (a few blocks away from the craziness of Old Town Square), modern furnishings, nice bathroom (be sure to ask for a room with a bathtub), adequate power outlets, excellent breakfast and "honor bar" in common area, complementary surprise refreshments (fruit cup, water bar) and HBO with mostly English programs/movies.

The not-as-good stuff:

- There was a mixup with the transportation I requested from the train station. Be aware that there are two train stops in central Prague. I provided my arrival time which should have tipped the hotel coordinator and driver off to know which station I was planning to arrive at. The driver went to the other station and I got charged even though I also ended up paying for a taxi from the train station. I was never given any instruction on which station I should meet the driver at, so I assumed all was well with my arrangements. Despite this mixup, the most frustrating aspect was the attitude of the front desk coordinator upon my arrival. She was completely rude. She insisted this mixup never happens (even though I later found out the same thing happened to my friends arriving a day early, and all the guide books point out this clarification), and even after we had agreed to split the charge and I thanked her for that, she still called me in my room so she could continue presenting her case on why I was wrong and she was right. Completely unnecessary and RUDE. My impression is that she was trying to cover herself for some ongoing communication/corrdination issues and that this happens A LOT to the guests she is responsible for coordinating.

- We were "recommended" a classical music concert that was a complete joke. We were told it was held in a monestary that only people that attend the concert can view. It turns out there was nothing special or historic about this tiny room. There was a guy playing Vivaldi on a tiny organ, a singer and novice violinist. I felt like I was at a carnival or state fair. The concert cost us ~$60/per person. I'm certain the hotel made a commission on this.

- My room did not include a Nespresso machine as was advertised.

- Two out of three nights, there were drunken fights outside my room window between 1 and 3am. Bring your earplugs

I recommend this hotel on the location and amenities alone, but be aware that you may encounter some poor recommendations and rudeness from some of the women at the front desk. The young man working the overnight shift at front desk was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank seattlearc
Reviewed 16 November 2010

The location is excellent - close to the old town square and yet quiet at night. It is much better tahn staying in the noisy old town if you are willing to spend just 5 mins to walk!! And it also save you huge cost and get a larger and better toom.
The staff is very helpful especially someone called Lucy. She helped me to found my lost bad on the bus, which is almost impossible in some other countries. I did not have the chance to appreciate her as she was on leave but I left my appreciation to her colleague who walked to the bus staion and pick up my lost bag back at night time.
This small Hotel is wonderful and of course qualified as a member of SMH.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Albey
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We were very pleased with almost all aspects of the Maximilian Hotel. The location can't be beat -- it's just a 6 or 7 minute walk to Old Town Square, in a wonderful, quiet neighborhood. The staff is warm and accomodating and the breakfast offerings were extensive. This is a relatively small, boutique hotel, with a modern vibe. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We stayed in room 206, considered the "romantic" room, because it has a small balcony. My only gripe, and it's a small one, is that the bathroom has glass walls on 2 sides (kind of like a frameless shower stall) and it's right next to the bed. Although it's opaque from about 18" to 6 feet up, glass walls in a bathroom do not lend themselves to romance. However, I think this may be the only room with the glass bathroom (I peered into another room on the floor while it was being cleaned and saw a regularly walled bathroom) and I would not let this issue stop anyone wanting to stay in this charming hotel. I would stay here agin in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple