“A wonderful stay!”

Ranked #223 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Milan
“A wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 11 December 2008

we had a lovely experience at the u raka hotel!
the atmosphere was very familiar, breakfast was excellent and the location is very close to the most romantic area of the city
the personnel has been very helpful in making our week end an extraordinary experience! they booked the best restaurants and the opera tickets for us.
we really recommend it to all of you who want to experience a romantic getaway in prague!

Stayed November 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 October 2008

This hotel is just ideal! What a great place to stay while in Prague. The hotel only has six rooms, but the rooms are amazing! It was a wonderful atmosphere - very quaint and homey.
Everyone on the staff was very helpful in arranging tours and bus trips to other areas of the Czech Republic. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Prague Castle and the sights are fantastic.
The breakfast, which is included in the price, was excellent. You get to sit among the other visitors, many of which speak English, and really get to experience the cultures of many different countries.
This place is a gem in a very beautiful city!

• Liked — The cleanliness and spaciousness of the rooms!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank BonnieBPhiladelphia
Munich
Reviewed 6 October 2008

This hotel fulfilled exactly our expectations: a warm welcome, a friendly atmosphere, a very personal attendance. It was perfect for a weekend stay!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Munich
Reviewed 30 September 2008

My english is not so good, but I will try it:

As I was a child I drove to Prag. I remember it often, because this is a verry nice city. Now I was again there for holliday. Only 4 days I sleeped in this verry romantical hotel. I dont like big hotels and thats why I found this nice one.

A friend from me tould me about this house and so I searched it on the internet. I like to come back as soon as possible.

Greatings from Munich
Carola Keller

Stayed August 2008
2 Thank SunshineeMunich
Berlin
Reviewed 22 September 2008

in the beginning of this summer I visited Prague with my husband. We stayed at U raka and we must definitely say " it was wonderful" !!! Everything what you can see on their web site is true. Amazing room, very nice breakfast, staff were very helpful and very friendly. We both know that we wish to be return very soon to this romantic place! We also took our dog with us and it was very welcome!
Nora and Jan from Germany

• Stayed June 2008
2 Thank nora991
Boston
Reviewed 8 May 2008

This small inn has an ideal location, on a quiet street close to the castle. It is uniquely decorated and the room we had - the luxury suite - was perfect, except for having a shower instead of a combination of a bath shower. Breakfast was excellent, as was the service. The owner takes personal pride in everything. I can only assume that the people who had a bad experience there were uncivil and deserved what they got. I would rank it as better than anywhere we have stayed in Europe, and that includes seven countries and dozens of cities.

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank everest4
duesseldorftraveller
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Hello,

my name is Gabriela Roth and I am a travel agency owner from Germany. I stayed by U raka between February 21st and February 25th this year. Few days prior my trip to Prague I have visited TripAdvisor web page among others to find out more about the hotel, highly reccommended to me by friends, who spent their honeymoon there few years ago. Between many positive remarks about the hotel I have found the story of one of the clients from UK who stayed by U raka through the Valentines Day. Bit scary one in some ways...
Few days after I got back home I would like to share my opinions. I have to agree, the location is perfect – absolutely romantic place. The hotel is one of the few looking the same way on its web page as in reallity. Cosy, clean and beautifully eqquipped rooms – we stayed on Superior room on the first floor – shower and bath included – viewing the hotel garden, which is a masterpiece – shame the weather was not inclinable yet.
All the staff we met during our stay (hotel driver, receptionists, snack bar personnell, and the owner himself) were very polite, kind and complaisant.
The only small minus I would like to mention is, that there is no restaurant directly in the hotel and the snack bar closes at 7 pm. But on the other hand – if you travel you should see more than your hotel only. The receptionist reccommended us for dinner restaurant called Lvi Dvur, which is about 10 minutes far walking from the hotel. She booked the places and arranged everything - very helpfull indeed. Even it takes some short time to get there, it is really nice walk through the impressive Prague Castle area. Food was delicious as well as the professional service.
So my conclusion is - U raka hotel is the trully romantic and absolutelly special place to stay in Prague. I do not hasitate to reccommend it to my family or friends.

Stayed February 2008