“Modest hotel, great location”

Central Hotel Prague
Ranked #184 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel May 2012. Yes, it's basic, the rooms on the small side, and probably could use some upgrades, especially the carpet. But that is offset given the stellar location and pretty decent breakfast spread. There is a bit of street noise, but that's the price you pay for a central location. Others have commented on the less than friendly staff, but my experience is they were just reserved, not surly. They were more than accommodating when I arrived earlier than check in time because of an early flight - within 20 minutes I had a clean room ready for me.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank oregongirl2005

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Central Hotel is my second home when I'm on a business trip to Prague. I always come back there, because I perfectly know what I can get there. Friendly atmosphere, cosy and clean room, good service and tasty breakfast. You could be sure, that from your second visit there you could be recognised and feel that you are THE ONLY ONE AND THE MOST IMPORTANT GUEST. Don't you like it ?
The most important for the tourist is the perfect location - only 3 minutes walk from the Old Town Square. And all that for a very honest price.

Althogh I'm not sure if I'm doing the right job, because with this reference I could may be have problems myself when trying to book the room there next time because of "fully booked" situation :)

Tom

Room Tip: ask for the room with a view to Prague Castle
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom Z
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Just got back form our second trip to prague our first in January ( very cold ) stayed in Best western meteor but thought this time to look for a reasonable hotel cheaper and yet nearer did my home work as usual and booked the Central hotel 5 mts from Old |Square 10 mts Charles bridge etc etc ,Also on this trip decided to book 3 day transport pass (what a decision both in hotel and transport). 3 days unlimited Tram ,Bus, Metro for £10.00, went everwhere without a worry hopped on hopped off as the fancy took us.The Central hotel is very clean very good value for money just what you want for a short stey in Prague ( we stayed 4 nts over the Jubilee weekend ) The hotel had all you needed I requested a room on the 6 floor had views over the roofs of Prague even Prague Castle in the distance the room was recently re furbished had everthing we needed ( no tea/ cofee in room beds are 2 singles put together the only down sidebut not a problem ,The buffet breakfast was hot and cold all you needed and a good selection. A bar just to the left 05 ltr beer under £1 also by going a little further out things got cheaper ie a bottle of wine in a shop Australian £2.50. On this trip also went out of Prague on a bus to Terezin a Gestapo prison camp during the second war well worth it took 2 Metros then a bus for an hour ,If wed gone a little further would have been in dresden !

Room Tip: high floor street facing
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank guliver
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This hotel is in a great location walking distance to almost everything, breakfast was good, and was quiet at night, staff excellent, always willing to help, was fairly basic slightly tired in places and the bar was poorly stocked asked for the cocktails they advertised but the bar man said he did not have the ingredients to make these :( ,, but everything else made up for this. great hotel we definitely will return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank emondo40
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I recently visited Prague for business purposes and I chose Central Hotel, which lies almost in the center near the Old Town square. I was very surprised to receive a great staff, quality service and very tasty and rich breakfast. During his next visit to Prague is a very clear choice of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pavel S
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The people who give this place a very good rating must either work there or be comparing it to sleeping rough. If I paid 40 or 50 euros a night it might be acceptable, but for 90 euros it's a ripoff.

The beds are really really hard, a double room = 2 single beds pushed together with single duvet, the walls are so thin that you are kept awake just by people talking in the next door room, the towels are so thin they must be 10 years old. I don't even know how a towel can be that free of pile.

When we were staying there was constant road works outside (starting 7.30am) and the water was cut off on Saturday morning (not their fault but you think they would have maybe offered some compensation)

When I checked out I complained about how much we were kept awake by the next door room and asked for some money off. They implied I was lying by the fact that I had not phoned the reception at the time. I was not going to complain as the people next door were only talking but this was enough to keep us awake.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel but if you have already booked stay away from the street side rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Snowboarder81
Reviewed 8 April 2012

10 nights is hardly long enough to enjoy all that Prague has to offer. The location of the Central Hotel made it easy for us to walk to pretty much every site we wanted to see. We were even able to walk to and from the State Opera late in the evening and felt very safe. The hotel staff was generally very helpful, especially Charlie, who maintained a very efficient dining rom. The breakfast was hot with lots of variety. The room was big enough for the three of us without feeling we got in each others' way although the carpet needs to be replaced. I wish it was a non smoking hotel, but don't know if those even exist in Europe! Too bad!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family