“Lovely hotel near city”

Best Western City Hotel Moran
Ranked #160 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Prague and the hotel added to the experience. From reading other reviews we phoned the hotel beforehand and they booked us a taxi from the airport to the hotel at a cost of approx £21 which, as we landed around 10pm was very convenient and a good price considering the distance from the airport. Hotel was lovely and very clean, from the reception area (where you can buy snacks, toiletries and drinks from the little 'supermarket') to the breakfast area and the room, The reception staff were very helpful and courteous at all times. Room very spacious and clean. The bed was so comfortable and we had an ensuite with bath and shower. It was lovely to have a long soak after a day's sightseeing. We were in a room on the corner of the hotel so had views over two streets. Trams would travel by frequently but we could not hear them from the room. Breakfast was your typical European breakfast with egg, bacon, sausage, cold meats, cheese, bread (and a toaster), yogurt, cereal, fruit and pastries. The staff would ensure that all food was in constant supply. The hotel was only a couple of minutes from the river and took us about 15 mins to get to Charles Bridge (would also recommend the pizza restaurant on the corner by the river). We didn't need to use public transport to go anywhere as it didn't take us long to get to places (and we like walking). Would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again if I ever go back to Prague.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank izzy2354

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Best Western City Hotel Moran. Some of the low ratings may have been related to the time of year visited or other factors. IBut I found the hotel to be very clean, accomodating, convenient, a great location. Additionally, I got an excellent off-peak rate. I made several requests of the hotel before arrival and they were able to provide all except one. I request a quiet room away from the street noise and I received a lovely room on the 5th floor (room 502) that faced the courtyard and there was no street noise. I was concerned because the room was next to the service elevator, but I never heard any noise from use of the elevator either. The room was a decent size with a 'European double bed' (I say European because compared to the USA, it was simply two twin beds side by side). I can't say if the hotel actually has any true double beds but the mattresses were comfortable enough. The sheets and linens were in good condition, clean and crisp. As were the towels. The bathroom was a little small but had a full bathtub so it was adaquate. The room had a flatscreen TV mounted on the wall and the TV was a bit small for the size of the room but it worked well and there was the usual choice of stations with the only two English language stations being news (CNN, BBC). Breakfast was included in the rate and I felt it was adaquate. It is pretty much the same choices daily but it appeared to be fresh and there was something for everyone. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful while the breakfast staff wasn't overly friendly but were polite enough. The hotel is extremely well connected for access to the center of town, the train station, and many of the tourist attractions. I actually walked back to the hotel from the center of town in about 15-20 minutes. Several tram lines run and stop directly by the hotel and the subway is not far either. All and all, I was very happy with the decision to stay at the hotel and would gladly return there if I visit the area again.

Room Tip: If you have a particular request for the type of room you would prefer, email the hotel directly ahe...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Edwina J
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The Hotel is nothing special but absolutely good enough for a short city trip, especially for this price. I travel a lot in my business and often stay at Best Western, so for me it is a typical standard Hotel with everything you need but nothing special or exclusiv but good enough to come back again for a city trip!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great hotel, wonderful location and a fantastic weekend. I booked a single room, I arrived expecting a small room with a single bed. When in actual fact I had a huge comfortable room, very warm. Breakfast was fine, I am not a huge fan of breakfast so I can't comment further.

I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed in a triple room for 3 nights. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. The room was modern, light, well decorated and very clean. Easy to get to with metro and tram stops all around it and a 10-15 minute walk from Charles Bridge and the centre. Can't fault this hotel, it's excellent value for money.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Never had a problem with the reception staff, always found them helpful, apart from when we needed extra tea and coffee in the room, breakfast staff could do with learning to smile, but that didn’t ruin our stay. Breakfast was fine, enough food and tasted ok. Room was warm enough, clean towels every day. Loved the mini fridge in the room, so we could keep our own drinks cold.
No matter where you go in Prague there is a lot of heavy traffic, we were very lucky in the fact we were not bothered by the noise, I think staying closer to the Old Town you might be.
Walk into the Old Town was about 20 mins a taxi is around 250 Khrona (£12) Make sure you talk good walking shoes, as the streets and roads are all cobbled. Not the easiest to walk on, if you like sky high heels.
The little Cafe opposite is well worth a visit, nice staff, good coffee wonderful cakes. Another nice place is Cafe Louvre and is very reasonable.
River is a few minutes walk away. We had the river cruise on our last day to while away some time before our flight, found this quite interesting.
Prague is a wonderful place to visit and I would stay here again, should I come back, fingers crossed it shall be very soon

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Potty-Ottie
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for our honeymoon all I can say it was just ok when we arrived we were met by miserable reception staff who gave us our room number in a card and a key card to get into room I had to ask how to get there!!! Was told 2nd floor use lift,which I thought was abit harsh as I never never been to a hotel and had to find my own way to my room.the breakfast was ok good selection but here again miserable staff who looked sick if their lives.hotel is quite a good location a good ten minutes brisk walking and you can be at old town square and astronomiCal clock.when we return to Prague I would choose alternative accommodation

• Stayed: November 2013