Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Metamorphis(Prague)
1,936 results
All reviewsold town squaremozart dinnergreat locationpowder towerdeluxe roomlovely hotelcharles bridgewithin walking distancerecommend this hotelbottle of champagnethe hotel staffbreakfast buffetastronomical clockfive star hotelfew minutes walkloved this hotelthe main square
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Grand Hotel Bohemia is in a quiet part of the old town and is centrally located to all the sites. No where is too far to walk. Our stay was booked by our travel agent Tailor Made Holiday and we got the Executive room with a sitting area which was huge! Even our daughter's Superior twin room was very spacious. Lots of choices at breakfast and included alacarte items like eggs Benedict etc. but we were more than satisfied with the hot and cold selection available every morning. Our 4 night stay included a 3 course dinner at their restaurant which was a bonus and we got to sample the local cuisine. The beds were very comfortable and the area was very quite and we were there 2 weeks before Christmas. The Christmas markets were close by around every square!
We will definitely stay in this hotel when we return.

Room Tip: Our executive room with Nespresso machine face the Main Street but was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank westraveler
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your review. It seems you've been all over satisfied, which I am very happy to hear of.

I hope we will have a chance to host you, should you travel to Prague again in the future.

With best regards

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Grand Hotel Bohemia is in a perfect location, in the Old Town close to the square. Also, not a far walk to the Charles Bridge. Stayed here in December to visit the Christmas Market and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are a bit small, but comfortable. Spacious and clean bathrooms. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, hot and cold dishes, cereals, bread, rolls, etc., even champagne! Had dinner at the restaurant and it was delicious. Make sure you try the Prague Ham, it's incredible!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Susie,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay here on Tripadvisor.com.

I am happy to see that you were satisfied and I hope you have also enjoyed the unique atmosphere of the Prague Christmas markets. A glass of mulled wine on the Old Town Square is perfect and it is just a few steps from the hotel, right? :-)

Warm regards from (now quite cold) Prague

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The location is perfect, very near the clock and other attractions. It's a quite hotel boasting it's own ballroom at the basement which is nice though we haven't got a chance to witness any concert due to schedule and lack of time. Overall it is clean, though for a five star hotel you would expect it to be squeaky clean. Though the price is quite reasonable. Staffs though needs a lot of cheering up, though most people in Prague are not very smiley in a way so that's forgiven :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jerico B

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

You are absolutely right that such dusting issue is not acceptable in a hotel of our quality. I have already spoken to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that it will not happen ever again.

I hope we'll get a chance to welcome you again during your next stay in Prague. I am sure that you will be 100% satisfied and our staff will welcome you with a sincere smile, as they usually do ;-)

Thank you again and send best regards from Prague

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel for a long weekend break.
Before going I had contacted the hotel and arranged a pick up at the airport- very efficiently done, driver was very pleasant and was convenient. Only downfall was the advertising of lots of trips during our journey- was a little pushy in my own opinion, i'd rather discover and pick things myself.
On arrival to the hotel we were checked in efficiently and had a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the front of the hotel. On check in we were informed we had breakfast included- I was surprised at this as I had not paid the extra for breakfast. The room was average size with a huge bed and lovely extras including slippers and bathrooms. Bed very comfy. Great rain shower as well, as usual over the bath. Only 2 downfalls regarding the room was the only channels on the TV that were english were news channels, and also the heat of it! We turned the heating off and still I was roasting. I found a brooch on the floor when we entered our room which made me query how much it had been cleaned? But was spotless to my eye, bar a few black scuff marks on the walls. Lovely turn down service in the evening with a little chocolate on each pillow.
The next morning we went for breakfast. Upon filling up our plates a waitress approached us and informed us that a mistake had been made and breakfast wasn't included in our room rate. A little embarrassing considering we were told it was on arrival! We decided to save ourselves embarrassment and had breakfast that morning in the hotel- a great selection of breakfast but very costly. Around £40 for two people.
We didnt eat in the restaurant for dinner as the choice was a little limited for ourselves.
The hotel has a great location- less than 5 minutes to the Old Town Square, 2 min to Republic Square, around 7 min to Wencelas Square, and around 15minutes to Charles Bridge. Great for exploring and in a safe area.
Overall a lovely hotel in a fantastic area, and a great base for exploring.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for leaving such a detailed review of your stay at the Grand Hotel Bohemia.

Unfortunately, however, I can see that your stay was not 100% to your satisfaction. Please accept our apology for the misunderstanding with your breakfast. I do not know the details of your reservation, but I will talk to the Front Office Department, so it will not happen again.

Also, thank you for your note about a little "pushy" advertising from our driver. Our drivers are very professional and always try to be as much helpful to the new Prague visitors as they can. I will also talk to them just to make them aware.

I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel Bohemia again.

Best regards from (finally) snowy Prague.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Peaceful tranquil oasis in Old Town Prague, a very (5min) short walk to the fantastic gothic Old Town Square. Yet it was quiet and calm inside the hotel from the hustle and bustle on the streets.

Our room was a deluxe room with king bed which was comfortable. A digital room safe was in room.

The staff were kind and friendly, they even noticed it was my birthday and left complimentary champagne in the room - nice touch and unexpected.

The breakfast buffet was included in the room price and was perfectly adequate with a buffet as well as made to order hot breakfasts included.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us here on Tripadvisor.com.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed and liked your stay at the Grand Hotel Bohemia.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again in Prague!

With kind regards