“Stunning”

Ranked #45 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Surrey
“Stunning”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

An amazing find, not cheap but equally for what it provides not expensive. Superb location and amazing rooms, fresh fruit in room on arrival. Staff are excellent, interested and keen to serve and advise. After a week in Czech republic this was a brilliant break compared to the previous weeks hotels. No hesitation in recommending this. Ask to see the ballroom, you will be amazed.

Room Tip: All rooms have view over city, not noisy anywhere and we had a good look.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Iwona,

it¨s very nice to see, that you were happy with our hotel and service we are providing. As you are amazed by our ballroom Boccaccio, I hope you will have a chance to come again and be a guest of our Mozart dinner with live music performance from three Mozart operas accompanied by meal inspired by 18th century receipts!

With warm regards from Prague,

Grand Hotel Bohemia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel and it was great. The staff were very kind and friendly, the breakfast had great variety of cereals, cheeses, meats and you can order the eggs to your liking or choose from the buffet. The rooms are comfortable and very clean, the king size bed was wonderfully comfortable. During our stay was my birthday, after our morning walk we went back to the hotel to drop off some shopping and I found a bottle on champagne in ice with strawberries waiting for us with a lovely birthday card, very touching, very special.
If I could change something it would be the water pressure for the shower head and the hair dryer for a more powerful, better quality one, but this just me being picky and it wouldn't stop me coming back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Nena,

let me thank you for your words and we are happy that you were so satisfied with our services. It is very nice that you choosed our hotel for your birthday stay and we will be glad if you will come again, so we will have chance to fulfill all of your wishes.

Best regards from sunny Prague

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I was sold on this hotel before I left my country. To get a visa to the Czech republic from my country I had to get a confirmation directly from the hotel and the electronic reservation I had wasn't enough. Maybe I haven't had much experience with good service, but to me, since the hotel sent me the required confirmation within a couple of hours since i sent my email to them, I was very satisfied with them from that point on (I had expected to get a reply within more than 24 hours, which is the case with many places I've dealt with).

Besides that, the location was perfect. Everywhere we went to was within walking distance, except for the airport which wasn't too far either. I for one enjoyed the breakfast selection, it was all I could ask for. The room was pretty comfortable albeit a bit too small for my tastes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Ahmad,

we are very happy with your reaction to our services even before your arrival to our hotel. It is very nice you find Prague interesting and we are looking forward to see you again.

With best regards

Drammen, Norway
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Bohemia for a long weekend in March 2014. We had a wonderful time there. We had booked airport transport and sparkling wine for our arrival. The hotel even got us a picture of our dream dog framed in our room when we arrived. The service is perfect. The location is very good with short walking distances to the old town square. We are very pleased with our stay and can recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Anettenj,

your comment make us very proud of our services and we are very happy we were able to fulfill all of your expectations and dreams about vacation in Prague. We will be happy to see you again and I am pretty sure, the picture of your dream dog will be in your room again :)

With best regards

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I traveled to Prague for business this week. The hotel advertised as having wifi and being non-smoking. When I checked in I noticed that it smelled like smoke inside, when I inquired I was told that the rooms were non-smoking but that the restaurant allowed smoking. My room was on the second floor and I woke up after the first night with a massive headache and an asthma attack. I tried to call the front desk but the phone in the room didn't work. I tried to log onto the internet to find a legitimate non-smoking hotel but the wifi wouldn't ever resolve. At the end of my meetings for the day, I returned to the hotel and immediately had troubles with the air quality so I checked out a day early and checked in to the Prague Sheraton. They charged me for the second night regardless even after I explained that I couldn't breathe due to the smokiness in the hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel if you want a non-smoking environment or wifi access.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 210, 212, 208 range were close to the cleaning closet and the doors slammed all night l...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Danielle R
Miami
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was on business in Prague and my partners choose this hotel. It is old style looking and I was kind of worried but pass the lobby when I got to the room I was very pleased. The room are modern and well equipped. The plugs are at desk height and flat screen TV. The safe can accommodate a 15 inches computer. The bed comfortable and the linen very pleasant. The team at the front desk, restaurant, and bar are very polite and speak English. the location is great you are within walking distance to the center since you are already in the historical center. A little old looking lobby scared me but between the room and the staff I was very pleased with my stay. I could not test the breakfast since my plane was leaving very early. For the restaurant very czech in its menu.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hampshire
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just got back from a 4 day stay at this hotel. We enjoyed being there. Everyone was v friendly and helpful. Rooms good and breakfast excellent. Great location 5 mins from old town square.
It was my wifes birthday and we were given a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine which was a nice touch.
Rooms were a bit hot but overall good.

Room Tip: On high floor at back so no noise
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple