“Prague Adventure”

Ranked #46 of 672 Hotels in Prague
“Prague Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I had the good fortune to spend 3 nights at this lovely property. I was upgraded upon arrival to the castle suite which had a fabulous view of the town square and Prague castle. It was perfect. The room was huge! Great closet and a very large bathroom. The bed was configured as two twin beds with two twin comforters. As I was traveling alone, the bed was not an issue, but I would have preferred a large comforter. The twin size comforter did not keep me covered all night long. However, the mattress was comfortable. The only downside to the room was that it was on the top floor, tucked under the eaves so one side of the room had a sloping roof. I am sure my husband would have bumped his head at least once if he had been with me. The front desk was really helpful in arranging a tour and airport transportation. The breakfast was very nice, and the service was really efficient. The bar was also very nice. The hotel is steps away from the Square and is quiet. It would be very noisy to stay on the Square so the 2 minute walk was well worth the location.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Madam,

let me thank you for your words about your experience with our hotel. We are very happy you choosed Grand Hotel Bohemia and you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites. We are looking forward to your next visit and just let us know, that you prefer king size bed and we will be very happy to arrange it for you. In case you will come with your husband, we will make sure to allocate room without sloping roof, so his head will be safe :)

Grand Hotel Bohemia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Roseville, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked this hotel through a 3rd party vacation package service (europeandestinations.com). They gave me an incredible rate for starters. The hotel was pretty centrally located. We arrived at night when it was raining and cold, but it was magical. We walked from the main Prague train station to our hotel. Not too long of a walk, but loud with our luggage rolling over all the cobble stone roads :) Our original reservation had us in a standard room, which they showed us and it was nice-although small, and not really a great view. I had emailed management ahead of time to see about upgrading our room. But I wanted to see both rooms before we decided. The bellman took us to the Bohemian Suite on the 6th floor, and the view was just stunning. The suite included a terrace with a view of Prague Castle and all these gorgeous churches. The view alone was worth the small increase in our room rate, so of course we opted to upgrade. So the suite is a two room suite, a living room with a flat screen TV, a Nespresso makes, an iMac computer, and very nice bathroom, and then a few steps up is the bedroom where the terrace is, as well as a nice walk in closet. I really have no complaints about this hotel. But I do want to share something that really set this hotel apart for me. So we are in Prague, and even though English is the universal language, obviously not everyone speaks it…or speaks it well. This was the case with the maid who was assigned our room the first morning. We had gone down to breakfast, and then came back up to find the door to our suite opened and she was working away. I didn't think anything of it…we just walked inside to grab our stuff and head out to go explore the city. The maid was sweet and kind, but I could tell she was a bit nervous about something. A few minutes pass as I'm getting my things together for the day…and she…without any English…and with a very sweet polite smile on her face, motions for me to slide my key card into the front door. It took me a second to realize what she was asking, but then it dawned on me: she wanted to make sure we were in fact the occupants of the room and not some thieves pretending it was our room. I was so touched. Not at all inconvenienced and happy to satisfy her request. I'm sure most of her concern was covering her own behind in case we really were thieves and she let us come take someone else's belongings on her watch. Maybe she thought ahead and realized she would get in severe trouble. But I'd like to think it's because she cared enough about boundaries and other people's things…not just her job security :) Regardless, it really made me pause and go "thank you!…thank you for checking!". I deeply appreciated it. Apart from that, yes the hotel was lovely, every one was kind and treated us like royalty. Even on our departure day I asked the hotel to call us a taxi to the airport. A black tinted mercedes pulls up and whisks us away. They really go above and beyond here, and I really appreciated it. Oh!…I forgot…I do have one suggestion: perhaps sheets in the bed would be good :) Us Americans are used to having a comforter AND a single sheet to sleep under, in case the comforter is too hot but we still want something light covering us. Our hotel in Poland had that same set up as well: no single sheet. Just a suggestion :) Other than that everything was lovely!

Room Tip: Just pay the extra and upgrade to the suite. Well worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheena S
Dear Sheeney,

it's a pleasure for every hotel manager to read a review like this. It's really nice to see you were so satisfied with our services and rooms and you are right, view from Suite Bohemia is really stunning and as I can see, you enjoyed it a lot. I am just glad that our maid did care about security of your room and you found it touching :) (knowledge of English is mandatory for all employees but maids). I do hope this wasn't your last visit in Grand Hotel Bohemia and we will see you again soon.

Best regards

Amersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated in the old town of Prague within walking distance to all the attractions. The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean, we were celebrating my husbands birthday and the hotel arranged complimentary champagne and strawberries on arrival which was such a nice touch. The breakfast was excellent with a great variety to choose from. The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful booking local concerts and airport transfers for us. highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Dawn,

after reading your review, I hope you won't mind if I show it to our employees so thay can be proud that they fulfilled all your wishes about vacation in Prague. If it's not too late, I would like to also wish a happy birthday to your husband as well. And if you like local music, let me tell you that there will be another interesting concerts so you have another good reason to come back soon :)

Wahlwies, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the old town of Prague and everything is in walking distance, e.g. the Charles Bridge is just 10 minutes away.
The rooms are nice and clean and the breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely consider going there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Marin,

thank you very much for your words, it really make us happy to see that you were so satisfied with our services and we are looking forward to see you again.

Best regards

lebanon,beirut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

good location near the malls and the historical places but bad amenities also there is no luggage man or he exist but do not show the breakfast is good
the staff in the front desk seems always talking about you

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank youssefhamdan
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Youssefhamdan,

we are happy that you were satisfied with our location close to historical places.

Please accept our apologize, luggage man is available, I suppose he was helping to another guest that time.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

A very comfortable and conveniently located hotel for nearly all the sights in Prague. They are quite a friendly bunch, who try and take care of your every need. We made use of the hotel taxi quite a bit, which was great and saved arguing with the locals.
The food at breakfast was generally good, especially if you order fresh from he menu. We also ate in the Ballroom during the Mozart concert, which was nicely presented if a bit boring for vegetarians.
The bar area was pleasant enough, but became very stuffy quite quickly when smokers arrived. However we solved this by moving to the airy lobby area to Finnish our drinks.
If you're looking for a comfortable base with a good start to the day,from which to explore the City of Prague, you need look no further.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Simon,

thank you very much for your nice review about our Grand Hotel Bohemia. We are glad that you enjoyed our Mozart dinner in ballroom Boccaccio and as per your suggestion, we will try to improve our offer for vegetarians also.

We hope we will see you again in our hotel and with best regards from Prague

Jan Mika
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed in the Grand Bohemia for just one night but wish it had been longer. We had a room upgrade but I imagine even the basic ones are still very good. it came with all the things you could ever wish for - including complimentary mineral water and fruit. The bathroom had robes and slippers plus toiletries, hairdryer and soft towels.The bed was SO comfortable and very big. There was plenty of storage space for clothes etc. we also had air-con which is very useful as I can imagine it gets very warm in the summer. We were there in March and slept with the window open.

The hotel itself is located very centrally.and a short walk from all the shops and restaurants. There is a metro station nearby. The hotel staff were very warm and friendly. The breakfast was out of this world - so much choice from continental to eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit, cereals etc
and as its buffet style you can eat as much as you like.

I would definitely come back to this hotel if I was in Prague again.

Room Tip: 505 was our room and was great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Ademitch,

let me thank you for your nice review about your experience with our Grand Hotel Bohemia. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and was happy about our services. We hope this wasn't your last visit in our hotel and we will see you again soon.

Jan Mika