“A GREAT hotel... period”

Ranked #45 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed here and one word - perfection. From picking us up at the train station, to checkin in to taking care of every need. The front desk stuff was informative, friendly and very helpful. We had issues with a bad tour from one of the local tour companies and the front desk staff immediately got on the phone and took care of it, including getting our money refunded - they went above and beyond. And we were very impressed.

The location of the hotel is also incredible - right in the heart of Prague... 5 minutes walk to the main square.. very close to pick up spots for all the tour companies and the hotel is great at making all reservations for you. Great hotel. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBug6277
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review about our Grand Hotel Bohemia.

It's so nice to see ahat you were so satisfied with our reception staff. I hope you enjoyed all your tours in city, Prague is beautiful, isn't it?

We keep a wish that this wasn't last time we could provide our services for you and you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

service, 5star+,position, great ,close to all you need,order the limo service,breakfast good selection, good coffie and alla cart menue,willing staff,,,dont look further.. try the dining room downstairs, good shoes are a must and deep pockets help ,buy tickets online or the q's are forever, .Bon voyage.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Moshe,

it's always pleasure to read comment like yours. We are very proud that you were so satisfied with our services and I hope we gave you a good reason to choose our hotel again for your next visit in Prague.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had some items sent out for dry cleaning and i failed to inspect them instead packing my clothes for my next destination. They were never cleaned; just pressed ! I saw the same stains that were present when I sent them out and there they were present upon further inspection.
Plus an usurious charge of 83.71 Euros.
If you must use the valet service be sure of the price and inspect your garments upon return.
Other than that the small rooms were well appointed with a courteous staff.
The Breakfast Buffet is fresh with an extensive choice. A pleasant surprise was the Real Canadian Maple Syrup. No artificially flavored liquid sugar here. Close to all the attractions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank James K

Dear James,

thank you for your review and please accept our apologize for your inconvinience with laundry service. I am sorry we didn't have a chance to check what's happend and to correct it.

I hope you will give us another chance to prove that we really care about our guests and we do everything to fulfill their expectations about our services.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The location is excellent, within walking distance to the Astronomic Clock and Charles Bridge.
The hotel is well appointed, the rooms are very nice, as well as the bathroom.
Breakfast is excellent, of the best I have tried, and full and complete and you can order a la carte too.
It was a pleasant stay in Prague because of this stay, I recommend it.

Room Tip: the executive room is very big and has excellent amenities, such as Nespresso coffe machine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Ruth,

it's very touching to read your words about our hotel and your experience with our services. Let me express my hope that you will come to Prague soon and we will see you in our hotel again.

With best regards from sunny Prague

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is at a great location. It is very close to the Old Town Square and lots of other tourist locations, but it is a couple of blocks off the really busy streets, so the streets right around the hotel are quiet. It is also only a couple of blocks from the subway. I even walked to the Prague Castle from the hotel, which only took about 30 minutes.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, and the service was superb. The room I had, while not exactly huge, was more than enough room for two people. I think this place is a great value for the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Aaronam,

thank you very much for your words about our hotel. I can see you enjoyed your stay in Prague and I hope you liked also other Prague sightseeings, not only Prague castle. We are looking forward to your next visit and with best regards

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had the good fortune to spend 3 nights at this lovely property. I was upgraded upon arrival to the castle suite which had a fabulous view of the town square and Prague castle. It was perfect. The room was huge! Great closet and a very large bathroom. The bed was configured as two twin beds with two twin comforters. As I was traveling alone, the bed was not an issue, but I would have preferred a large comforter. The twin size comforter did not keep me covered all night long. However, the mattress was comfortable. The only downside to the room was that it was on the top floor, tucked under the eaves so one side of the room had a sloping roof. I am sure my husband would have bumped his head at least once if he had been with me. The front desk was really helpful in arranging a tour and airport transportation. The breakfast was very nice, and the service was really efficient. The bar was also very nice. The hotel is steps away from the Square and is quiet. It would be very noisy to stay on the Square so the 2 minute walk was well worth the location.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Madam,

let me thank you for your words about your experience with our hotel. We are very happy you choosed Grand Hotel Bohemia and you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites. We are looking forward to your next visit and just let us know, that you prefer king size bed and we will be very happy to arrange it for you. In case you will come with your husband, we will make sure to allocate room without sloping roof, so his head will be safe :)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked this hotel through a 3rd party vacation package service (europeandestinations.com). They gave me an incredible rate for starters. The hotel was pretty centrally located. We arrived at night when it was raining and cold, but it was magical. We walked from the main Prague train station to our hotel. Not too long of a walk, but loud with our luggage rolling over all the cobble stone roads :) Our original reservation had us in a standard room, which they showed us and it was nice-although small, and not really a great view. I had emailed management ahead of time to see about upgrading our room. But I wanted to see both rooms before we decided. The bellman took us to the Bohemian Suite on the 6th floor, and the view was just stunning. The suite included a terrace with a view of Prague Castle and all these gorgeous churches. The view alone was worth the small increase in our room rate, so of course we opted to upgrade. So the suite is a two room suite, a living room with a flat screen TV, a Nespresso makes, an iMac computer, and very nice bathroom, and then a few steps up is the bedroom where the terrace is, as well as a nice walk in closet. I really have no complaints about this hotel. But I do want to share something that really set this hotel apart for me. So we are in Prague, and even though English is the universal language, obviously not everyone speaks it…or speaks it well. This was the case with the maid who was assigned our room the first morning. We had gone down to breakfast, and then came back up to find the door to our suite opened and she was working away. I didn't think anything of it…we just walked inside to grab our stuff and head out to go explore the city. The maid was sweet and kind, but I could tell she was a bit nervous about something. A few minutes pass as I'm getting my things together for the day…and she…without any English…and with a very sweet polite smile on her face, motions for me to slide my key card into the front door. It took me a second to realize what she was asking, but then it dawned on me: she wanted to make sure we were in fact the occupants of the room and not some thieves pretending it was our room. I was so touched. Not at all inconvenienced and happy to satisfy her request. I'm sure most of her concern was covering her own behind in case we really were thieves and she let us come take someone else's belongings on her watch. Maybe she thought ahead and realized she would get in severe trouble. But I'd like to think it's because she cared enough about boundaries and other people's things…not just her job security :) Regardless, it really made me pause and go "thank you!…thank you for checking!". I deeply appreciated it. Apart from that, yes the hotel was lovely, every one was kind and treated us like royalty. Even on our departure day I asked the hotel to call us a taxi to the airport. A black tinted mercedes pulls up and whisks us away. They really go above and beyond here, and I really appreciated it. Oh!…I forgot…I do have one suggestion: perhaps sheets in the bed would be good :) Us Americans are used to having a comforter AND a single sheet to sleep under, in case the comforter is too hot but we still want something light covering us. Our hotel in Poland had that same set up as well: no single sheet. Just a suggestion :) Other than that everything was lovely!

Room Tip: Just pay the extra and upgrade to the suite. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheena S

Dear Sheeney,

it's a pleasure for every hotel manager to read a review like this. It's really nice to see you were so satisfied with our services and rooms and you are right, view from Suite Bohemia is really stunning and as I can see, you enjoyed it a lot. I am just glad that our maid did care about security of your room and you found it touching :) (knowledge of English is mandatory for all employees but maids). I do hope this wasn't your last visit in Grand Hotel Bohemia and we will see you again soon.

Best regards