“Lovely hotel and great location”

Ranked #47 of 651 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel and great location”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Perfect location in a quiet road. We had a twin room on the 2nd floor overlooking the street, which was very quiet. Although we had a standard room, the quality of the furnishings and bathroom was very high and the beds very comfortable. The hotel breakfast buffet excellent with plenty of choice and we ended up having 3/4 courses (cereal, hot breakfast, fruit and sometimes a waffle!)! We also found the hotel staff to be very helpful. We pre-booked a taxi from the airport to the hotel, but booked the hotel limousine for our return journey which was the same price and much more comfortable (about £28). We walked everywhere, even up to Prague Castle (which I think is more a Palace rather than a Castle) but the trams go everywhere. All the streets are cobbled so suggest no high heels for walking about! We had trouble finding our way back to the hotel on our first day, so recommend you take a map and make a note of the location of the hotel and any points of reference before you get caught up in the excitement! We would certainly return to this hotel and to Prague.

Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Jackie,

if I wasn't in Prague already, just reading your review will make me pack my luggage and call to Grand Hotel Bohemia for a reservation. We are really very proud and happy that you enjoyed your vacation so much. And the breakfast offer is really huge, I have to 100% agree with your words. Prague is full of beautiful places just waiting for discovery and I hope this is a good reason for you to come back and stay with us again.

Grand Hotel Bohemia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had an "inside room" so no view, but well designed and many amenities. Breakfast was awesome and multi-cultural. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Could walk to most of Prague
's sights. The history of the hotel in the room is worth reading as well as a visit to the restored ballroom downstairs.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room (odd numbered).
1 Thank JAD28036
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Jad,

thank you very much for your words, I am really sorry we didn't have enough available rooms with view over the city.

I would like to thank also regarding your comment about our staff, they are really doing their best to fulfill expectations of our guests. And as you like our neo-baroque Boccaccio ballroom, let me recommend you our Mozart dinners we are organizing in this magnificent place.

Looking forward to your next visit and with best regards

Punta del Este, Uruguay
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I think, had they had any availability in superior or delux doubles; my stay would have been different. Unfortunately, I was put in a very small single room facing a small lightshaft. Also, because of the location of the room, the sound from the service area echoed into my room at around 6:30 both mornings. The housekeeper was not concerned with noise; it sounded like she was playing the symbols with the tops of the room service plate covers.

Certainly not a 5 star hotel under any circumstance. However, the staff was friendly and the location fantastic. Elevators were quick, breakfast efficient. I would go back if the price were right. Depends on the ability to confirm a good room.

Room Tip: Don't face the courtyard on a low floor. 408 was dark and tiny.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank amtann
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Amtann,

I am really sorry that we didn't have enough free superior or deluxe rooms with view over the city for you. I would also assure you that I will inform our housekeeping to pay more attention early at the morning not to disturb our guests.

I do hope that our staff behaviour and other services were able to improve your judgment about our hotel and you will give us another chance to see you.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Perfect location, close to square and cool restaurants and shops. Staff amazingly helpful and friendly too! Our room on the 7th floor had an amazing view of Prague castle and town square. It was spectacular!! Included breakie was super as well. I'd stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Adam,

we are very proud and happy that you find our hotel so spectacular. All our rooms on upper floor has beautiful view over the city, all guests love it. I hope this wasn't your last visit in Prague and we will welcome you in our hotel again.

Gyor, Hungary
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel was amazing. The location is excellent, not to far from the city centre.
The staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was awesome. I cannot say anything wrong about Grand Hotel Bohemia.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Roberta,

such a great start of week reading review like yours. Let me thank you in name of all employees in Grand Hotel Bohemia and we hope, this wasn't your last visit. We would be very happy to see you again and I am pretty sure, there are still some places you can explore in Prague.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a good and well located hotel in Prague. I have stayed there two nights for business and other three for leisure. Their staff was friendly and helpful, so would recommend to other travellers...

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest,

let me thank you for your words and recommendation to other guests. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope, you were successfull in your business and we will have a chance to see you again.

Lorton
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Having just returned from a week long stay at the Grand Hotel Bohemia I am delighted to report a positive experience at the hotel. I was delighted with the service at the hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel, built in the 1920's is a handsome property in a convenient location to shops, restaurants and site seeing . Just a few minutes away from many sites and within easy walking distance of most everything. Although the cleaners were quite thorough, there was some room for improvement. The most distracting issue during the stay was a bathroom sink that failed to drain properly. In spite of this small inconvenience, I recommend this hotel as it seemed very friendly to Americans. This helps with the language gap.

Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Nanny,

in name of all employees of Grand Hotel Bohemia, let me thank you for your nice review about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I will also inform our housekeeping department to pay more attention to bathroom sink, so next time you will come, everything will be absolutely perfect :)