“Very nice experience!”

Ranked #42 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at GHBohemia while it was my birthday. They surprised me with a little gift (champagne &strawberries) which was really nice. The staff is very very professional. We had some difficulties with the payment (paid twice), but the staff solved the problem immediately. The hotel is on excellent location. And the hotel's ballroom is absolutely amazing. The 'must see'!!!! We highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear guest,

let me thank you for your nice review and recommendation for other travelers. It's always so nice to see that you were so satisfied with our services. I hope you had enough time to explore Prague and if not, than you have a great reason to come back :)

Grand Hotel Bohemia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,854)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I love the location of this hotel as it seems everywhere that we wanted to go it is within walking distance of this hotel. When we arrived and check in the staff was very friendly and was very efficient. Our room was not immediately available so the front desk kindly store our bags and we started our exploration. Getting to this hotel from the airport was also very convenient as all we did was use the airport express bus.
Our room was modern and spacious. There is free wifi which is fantastic. The view from our room was nothing to wow about. The bathroom was clean and tidy. Breakfast was buffet breakfast. However nothing to wow about. It is strange in somedays although it is buffet breakfast we can order omelette. In other days this is not allowed. Not ideal.
The reception we find it a bit old and would need some redecoration. Not sure what star hotel this is but definitely not 5 star. I would say 3 star +.
The day when we departs, when we asked the reception about public transport to the airport, they keep on pretending they are not aware of this and try and get us to take taxi. Don't, As it is really cheap and quick and convenient to take underground and bus to the airport.
A tip: if this is the first time you come and visit prague please get the praha card from the airport and this will also cover airport express journey. The Praha card is really value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EastmeetsWestAB

Dear guest,

let me thank you for your nice words about Grand Hotel Bohemia. We are happy you enjoyed your vacation in Prague and I have to agree, that our location in city centre is great, isn't it?

Please accept also our apologize regarding misunderstanding about public transport. We always first offer our hotel taxi services and than options for public transport. One of benefits of booking DeLuxe rooms are even free public transport tickets.

I do hope you still find Prague astonishing and we will welcome you back again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was our first time visiting Prague, and we really want to thank this hotel giving us luxurious time.

We arrived at the hotel at 14:00 but our room was not ready. So the reception kindly gave us wecome drinks at the bar. They also upgraded our room to suite which was on the 8th floor. The view from the window was just...stunning.

Location was perfect--few minutes walk to the old town, approx. 7 min walk to the shopping mall "Palladium". You might buy some bottle of water here since we didn't have any compliments in the room.

The staffs at the hotel were friendly, kind, and charming. Restaurant at the first floor served delicious breakfast(I highly recommend you to try their french toast on the menu!!!) Water pressure(shower) was sometimes weak in the morning--maybe everyone was using at the same time.

I highly recommend this hotel, and I would love to stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Satomi B
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Satomi,

on behalf of Grand Hotel Bohemia team, let me thank you for such a nice review and recommendations to other travelers. It makes us very proud that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found Prague as a wonderful place to visit.

I do hope we will see you soon again and with best regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was a bit sceptical before arriving because none of the French guides to Prague talked about this hotel... However, everything was perfect... Arrival, room, concierges, service, situation in the city, FREE WiFi ! The concierges try to do their best all day long to please you and help you make the best of your trip. Also, do not hesitate to use the drivers company they work with ; it's not that expensive and you get a ride to anywhere you want in a very nice car. Do not hesitate to have a dinner in the Boccaccio Hall, it's a piece of architecture!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ellimaz,

I can see from your words that you are leaving our hotel and Prague with astonished memories :) we are really glad that you recommended Grand Hotel Bohemia in such a positive way and we are looking forward to you next visit soon

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was surprised by how nice this hotel was for the price. The room was very spacious, clean, and modern. Even the free WiFi worked great. And the hotel is only a few blocks away from the Old Town Square. However, I recommend skipping the complimentary breakfast. That was one of the worst breakfasts I've ever had. The selection was pretty slim, and everything was cold. I thought the cold eggs were going to make me sick.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Paul,

on behalf of Grand Hotel Bohemia team, let me thank you that you share your nice memories about our hotel with other people. We are glad you found our rooms so nice and comfortable.

Also please accept our apologize about our breakfast, I did sent your review to our F&B manager to check situation, as most comments abour our offer are very positive.

I do hope this wasn't your last visit in our hotel and with best regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went to Prague for a conference and wanted to spend a couple of days near old town.

Read the reviews and came across this gem. The staff were great and spoke excellent English. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a great view.

Had breakfast , which was good. We also had an early flight and left at 4am and they packed a breakfast for us to take with us that included a sandwich, water, iced coffee, granola bars, and fruit. It was excellent.

The location is only a couple of minutes from Old Town Square. There are many shops and restaurants nearby.

Bring your walking shoes because there is so much to see and this hotel is in the perfect location.

I would recommend this hotel and would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob,

it's very touching to read your review and finding that you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me thank you for your recommendation and sharing your nice memories with other travelers. Whenever you're in Prague, you will be always welcome at our hotel.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Totally felt at home during a recent trip. The hotel staff was friendly, the breakfast offering robust and the service was spot on. The business center was well equipped and accessible. We had one dinner prepared there and it was absolutely amazing. My only concern was around the bathtubs which you literally had to climb into for our room, but overall definitely a great find.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Michal M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear guest,

reading your words makes me wonder, why I didn't make reservation in Grand Hotel Bohemia for myself :) In behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for your review and we are glad, that you are leaving Prague with so nice memories.

I do hope this wasn't your last visit with us and with best regards