This is a late review in that we stayed at this hotel a few years ago at Christmas time when visiting the Christmas markets.
Value for money: We were on a tight budget and managed to get a deal via the Best Western website for a third night free meaning the hotel came in at under £150 for three nights for both of us with breakfast included which was a great price. For the cost the hotel was wonderful, as with many Best Western's the hotel has its own character and is not comparable to the chain hotels where you can sleep in the same room on every continent! This hotel was traditional and really added to the feeling of being in Prague. The bathroom was amazing and huge with a tub and breakfast was good with some hot food (not just continental). The hotel definitely delivered good value for money and is one of our favourites from the European breaks we've had.
Location: The hotel is well located, a short walk from the Old Square where the Christmas markets really come to life. It is a longer walk to the river and bridges but manageable for those who are mobile and there are great transport links as with most European cities (get a 3 day pass for bus/train etc).
Christmas markets & Prague - The Christmas markets are on a smaller scale than some bigger cities but they lack nothing in charm. The market in the Old Square is magical and definitely not to be missed. Prague is a perfect Christmas market location and is our favourite of the three cities we have been to Christmas markets so far! Going at Christmas time we did not experience any of the stag/hen or party culture Prague is often renowned for (although I'm sure it's there if you want it). People say that it is an expensive city but eating from the markets and walking/sightseeing it is cheaper than London and on par with other cities. We ate twice at the same restaurant overlooking the square, a staff member dragged us in but we are glad we went! You had to walk through the downstairs restaurant to get to it but once inside we sat at the window with the place to ourselves and looked over the snow and markets outside - perfect!
Prague Christmas markets are a definite must-see, three days is a perfect amount of time from the UK and this hotel is recommended as your base for a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First references to this hotel come from the year 1307. The BW Meteor Plaza is situated directly in the center of Prague next to The Palace Hibernia, Powder Gate and The Municipal House. You can reach Wenceslas Square, The Old Town Square or other places of interest on foot within minutes. All 73 air-conditioned spacious standard rooms are very well furnished with all amenities including shower and/or bath, WC, hair dryer, satellite, wireless high-speed internet access free of charge, IDD telephone, personal safe, coffee/tea maker and mini-bar. There are 5 suites and 10 triple rooms in BW Hotel Meteor Plaza, which express an ambience of largesse, comfort and functionality. Except standard room equipment you will find cosy sitting area with reading lamp, trouser press. Some of the rooms have a hydro maser bath or combination of the bath and a shower bath. Some of our apartments have a special wide screen television. The triple rooms have three separate beds or double bed with sofa bed.Room service is available during limited hours. Are you a keen musician? Especially for you we have the room with a piano.The BEST WESTERN Meteor Plaza is truly in the heart of Prague - everything you'll want to do - business, leisure, vacation activities - it's all at our door step. Because of our central location you can be almost anywhere in the city in just a few moments. Prague's famous attractions such as The Palace Hybernia, the famous Powder Gate and fabulous art nouveau pearl: Municipal House are just 2minutes walk away. You can reach Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square, the legendary Royal Road and other places of interest on foot within a few minutes. You can get easily to the hotel by your own car. Of course you have the possibility of parking in the hotel garage.Our shiny restaurant with terrace is situated on the first floor of the hotel and is open every day for breakfast. Rich buffet breakfast is served from 7AM till 10AM.The ground floor of the hotel has a trendy bar, cosy restaurant and terrace where guests may enjoy a drink in the summer months.Dinners are served in a romantic wine cellar, which answered its purpose already back in 14th century.For those who seek the more solitary rewards of an invigorating workout, the Hotel offers a whirpool and Sauna. Per person per hour, private use, is charged fee 10 EUR.We are focused to provide the independent traveler with maximum comfort by providing the following services:■We can arrange a wide range of events, such as parties, banquets, conferences and more. Our Gothic Wine Restaurant is ideal for encounters of up to 40 persons. Equipment of new communication and interpretation systems is possible on request.■Garage parking directly in the house is available for hotel guest on premises.■Telefax service at the reception desk.■Wireless high-speed internet access in public area free of charge.■Meeting room for 10 people with PC and internet connection.■E-mail delivery for hotel guests.■Excursions.■Tickets to opera, theatre and shows.■Flight confirmations.■Photocopy.■Dinners are served in a romantic wine cellar, which answered its purpose already back in 14th century.■Pets allowed. ■Baby cot on request free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Meteor Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Meteor Plaza
- Best Western Prague
- Prague Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Prague